PDA

View Full Version : 2012 is the new 1999!!

JudgeQwerty
11-19-2009, 06:17 AM
So like everyonme here, I was around during the last big Apocalypse event. Remeber Y2K? The 'ERnd of Days'? Still waiting on that Antichrist... but then that was supposed to happen only 2000 years ago...

Anywho, I don't really see the fuss over 2012. If the Mayans didn't believe in it, I don't see why people today would. Was there an Einstein amonmgst their stone temples? Alien prophets? TEMPLARS?!

Point is, if this ganme came out ten years ago, the story would probably be revolving around the catyclysm of 1999. Just tossing that point out there. I love the series (Except Chronicles) I just wanted to remind folks not to get wound up over a calendar.

Of course, I could be wrong. Dun-dun-DUN!!

TheEpicWolf
11-19-2009, 07:40 AM
There's alot of people nowadays who will believe anything. I don't believe anything will happen in 2012 and i don't really see why anyone should worry because it's not likely to happen and even if it did, what could anyone do about it ?
Anywho i think they used 2012 because it makes an interesting story http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
11-19-2009, 07:46 AM
also the 2000 problem was all thought to be down to computers failing but as was predictable the software firms fixed the problem long before the computers had a problem going to 00 for the year.

the 2012 thing is at least meant to be something out of our control making it more interesting than "OMG! the computers will kill us all" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

TheEpicWolf
11-19-2009, 07:50 AM
It's that or meteors AGAIN!
People have an obsession with them it's insane.

Tetsou88
11-19-2009, 07:52 AM
Nothing will happen in 2012 just because they made a movie about it.

caswallawn_2k7
11-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Tetsou the theory doesn't come from the film, the film comes from the theory http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

as far as what 2012 showed the poles are meant to change relatively soon (well a couple of thousand years) this theory has been held for years even before they stared on the 2012 stuff.

l Khasim l
11-19-2009, 10:52 AM
I survived so many ends of the world that this one doesn't bother me at all.

Hatzego
11-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
Tetsou the theory doesn't come from the film, the film comes from the theory http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

as far as what 2012 showed the poles are meant to change relatively soon (well a couple of thousand years) this theory has been held for years even before they stared on the 2012 stuff.

I think he meant that the universe saw that we made the film and thought "oh, well our 2012 idea isn't cool anymore. screw dat sheet"

monkeyuncle8
11-19-2009, 02:01 PM
well actually scientists "predict" in 2012 there will be some solar flares that can harm the earth, but if that even does happen we will probably only lose radio for a little while

Edengoth
11-19-2009, 03:45 PM
If you hadn't noticed, this series is DRENCHED in various conspiracy theories. It's basically got everything but the Reptili-oh, wait...Desmond mentioned that one. The 2012 thing is among many eye-rollable ideas that were included in this game.

Prol33tariat
11-19-2009, 04:37 PM
the thing with that is that as early as the late 17 hundreds we have early messo european suggestions and documented refrence of the "dark void" as well as other references to "the change of an age" in almost every culture that was not romanized.

than you get across the sea, and learn that not only did the mayans give us "0" they basically have uncanny math skills and un realistic accuracy.

So before you go all trouncing off the block about how this is just hype, because maybe you are correlating humanitys stupidty and lack of foresight when programming earlier generations of CPU's, to millennial old maths, that can still be shown to be the basis of almost all formulaic evolution of the modern age, plus their astronomical abilities, maybe its my european education, but that does not cut the mustard.

Something is gonna happen, we will either all die, become super heroes, or have something new to stare at in the heavens, either way there is too much evidence to dispute the fact that our predecessors were able to observe and understand a natural cycle better than we can now.

stopnaggin
11-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Prol33tariat:
the thing with that is that as early as the late 17 hundreds we have early messo european suggestions and documented refrence of the "dark void" as well as other references to "the change of an age" in almost every culture that was not romanized.

than you get across the sea, and learn that not only did the mayans give us "0" they basically have uncanny math skills and un realistic accuracy.

So before you go all trouncing off the block about how this is just hype, because maybe you are correlating humanitys stupidty and lack of foresight when programming earlier generations of CPU's, to millennial old maths, that can still be shown to be the basis of almost all formulaic evolution of the modern age, plus their astronomical abilities, maybe its my european education, but that does not cut the mustard.

Something is gonna happen, we will either all die, become super heroes, or have something new to stare at in the heavens, either way there is too much evidence to dispute the fact that our predecessors were able to observe and understand a natural cycle better than we can now.

Yes there will be a Galactic alignment on 12-21-2012. Does that mean the end of the world? NO. Will the Earth go through some changes? Maybe. Is that going to make me panic? UH hell no. Simple fact is no one knows when the end of the world is. The ancient civilizations did not say it was the end of the world. They believe it will be a new cycle.

On another note, yes the ancients had much better calculations and standars of time then we do today. But what did they really have to do but look at the sky night after night. Did they really predict the end of the world? Give me proof.

SWJS
11-20-2009, 02:24 PM
The Mayans created a calender. Just because their calender ends in 2012, doesn't mean the world's going to get mauled my some cataclysm.

When our calender reaches December 31st, does the world end? No, it resets.

The whole 2012 thing is just a bunch of superstiscious nonsense fueled by mass paranoia.

If anything, it's just another story to tell your kids and scare them.

Edengoth
11-20-2009, 06:06 PM
'nuff said (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbBmlHGgsgc)

Teeem3000
11-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Human arrogance knows no bounds. We just think that we're special enough to have something catastrophic happen to us, because we have nothing better to do. The Deluge. The Second Coming. The next Ice Age. Global Warming. Meteors hitting. The Y2K Virus. 2012.

Bring it on, that's what I say. We'll survive. Us, the rats, and the cockroaches. And the giant flying men that are coming down when Planet X and Earth's atmospheres combine.

ACII_Addicted
11-21-2009, 03:12 AM
WTF!--> ACII forums<-- , there are plenty websites to talk about this people xD no hating but let's remember , Nothing is True and Everything IS permmited. Nuff Said http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif