PDA

View Full Version : Will Ezio Have A Child In ACR

liampky
06-16-2011, 01:42 PM
All i want to know is will Ezio have a Child in Revelations and is Desmond a direct ancestor of Altair and Ezio?

Sun.Tzu.GE
06-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Desmond is definetly a ancestor of Ezio,otherwise he wouldn't be born.He even looks the same as him.Knowing this we can be sure that Ezio will have a child but i don't think we will see that happen in Revelations.

cless711
06-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by liampky:
All i want to know is will Ezio have a Child in Revelations and is Desmond a direct ancestor of Altair and Ezio?

Well they said that AC:R will pretty much wrap up Ezio's story and Altair's story so i would think that they would show who Ezio would have a child with. Yes, Ezio and Altair are ancestors of Desmond.

liampky
06-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks although i did know they were ansestors but are they direct, if not Ezio may not have a child and Claudia may have a chlid instead.

dchil279
06-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by liampky:
Thanks although i did know they were ansestors but are they direct, if not Ezio may not have a child and Claudia may have a chlid instead.

The way genetic memory works (although it is fictional of course) you only have the memories of direct ancestors

kriegerdesgottes
06-16-2011, 02:52 PM
I think we will see his kid briefly if anything. I thought I read an article yesterday, I can't remember where, saying that the developers said the animus usually stops at an ancestor's memories at the time that they have a child as that would be complicated but they are saying that something in the animus happens and allows them to keep going anyway implying that either he or Altair has a child while the memories are happening. I need to dig up that article I guess.

oh here it is. http://kotaku.com/5812317/assa...-a-lost-they-promise (http://kotaku.com/5812317/assassins-creed-revelations-is-a-grand-adventure-that-wont-pull-a-lost-they-promise)

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-16-2011, 02:56 PM
The only way for Desmond to relive the memories of Ezio but be descended from Claudia is if Ezio and Claudia... um...

Look at it this way: Desmond is obviously descended from Giovanni. Giovanni is Mario's brother. But that doesn't mean that Desmond can relive the memories of Mario.

Genetic memories are passed through having a child. It's not possible to relive memories from someone you're not directly descended from.

kriegerdesgottes
06-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Ezio is not descended from Claudia. The game even specifies that Desmond is the son of the son of the son. No incest is necessary http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif lol.

InfectedNation
06-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Thank f**k you said child... you wouldn't believe how many idiots on here have ranted about the "fact" that it has to be a son because genetic memories are passed through the Dad's only....

Assassin_M
06-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I think we will see his kid briefly if anything. I thought I read an article yesterday, I can't remember where, saying that the developers said the animus usually stops at an ancestor's memories at the time that they have a child as that would be complicated but they are saying that something in the animus happens and allows them to keep going anyway implying that either he or Altair has a child while the memories are happening. I need to dig up that article I guess.
Interesting...

Rakudaton
06-16-2011, 03:12 PM
I have a friend who is really intelligent, and even so it took ten minutes to explain WHY Desmond wouldn't have Claudia's memories. I had to use diagrams and everything... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, it is entirely possible for Claudia to be an ancestor of Desmond without the need for "incest" -- at least in the conventional meaning of the word. All that's needed is for a descendant of Claudia's to mate with a descendant of Ezio's. I mean, Claudia's and Ezio's children will be cousins, which is borderline incest... but their grandchildren will be something more distant (cousins twice removed? Second cousins? idk), and their great grandchildren even more distant, and so on. Pretty soon it could hardly be called incest by any standards. Considering there's a 500-year gap between Ezio and Desmond, and Ezio's and Claudia's descendants would inhabit roughly the same locality (probably), it's actually quite probable that Claudia is an ancestor too.

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Ezio's and Claudia's descendants would inhabit roughly the same locality (probably), it's actually quite probable that Claudia is an ancestor too. Not if Ezio's final child, the one Desmond is descended from, is raised in Istanbul.

That and I've got a pretty bad feeling that none of Ezio's past friends will be in this game, including Claudia. Maybe she decides to return to Firenze, since the Assassin Order in that area was diminishing. Volpe went to Rome and Paola was likely getting way too old for her line of work.

Mutley_Rulz
06-16-2011, 03:31 PM
I thought perhaps Ezio and Rosa (theif from Venice in AC2) might have had a child, we didn't really get a whole lot of information on that story.

If we get a story based around one of Ezio's romances I'll be rather annoyed.

BK-110
06-16-2011, 03:40 PM
We know that Ezio will have a new love interest this time around, Sofia Sorto, an ordinary woman from Venice, selling books in Constantinople.

El_Sjietah
06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
Thank f**k you said child... you wouldn't believe how many idiots on here have ranted about the "fact" that it has to be a son because genetic memories are passed through the Dad's only....
Every egg a female will ever make is already made at birth.

So gg, idiot.

rileypoole1234
06-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Right when Ezio's child is conceived, it would have to switch from Ezio to his child. I doubt us seeing it happen but you never know. They might pull a red dead redemption and have us end the game as Ezio's son.

kriegerdesgottes
06-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
Right when Ezio's child is conceived, it would have to switch from Ezio to his child. I doubt us seeing it happen but you never know. They might pull a red dead redemption and have us end the game as Ezio's son.

I thought of that too but I was disappointed that I couldn't play as John Marston anymore without him being a zombie (which I find ridiculous). I would still want to be able to play as Ezio too.

InfectedNation
06-17-2011, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:

So gg, idiot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point actually, didn't think of that... but they can still pass on memories from their parents & ancestors.

No need to call me an idiot by the way..

El_Sjietah
06-17-2011, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:

Good point actually, didn't think of that... but they can still pass on memories from their parents & ancestors.

No need to call me an idiot by the way.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Only called you an idiot because you called us idiots first. You know, ironically.

And you're right, they can pass on memories from their ancestors. But those ancestors have to be male as well.

InfectedNation
06-17-2011, 04:40 AM
Well I apologise to you because you actually based yours on fact rather than "well desmonds a man, altairs a man, ezios a man so it must be a son because only men can pass on their parents memories"

Rakudaton
06-17-2011, 05:38 AM
I'm sorry, El_Sjietah, but the fact that eggs are made at birth doesn't actually close the argument. It's entirely possible for there to be some mechanism by which the eggs gain genetic memory after being formed -- for example, when they are matured before being released, perhaps that's when genetic memory is added. Seeing as genetic memory is fictional itself, such an explanation is entirely plausible.

So, yeah. It's quite possible that BOTH men and women can pass on genetic memory, so...

InfectedNation
06-17-2011, 05:59 AM
I'm sorry, El_Sjietah, but the fact that eggs are made at birth doesn't actually close the argument. It's entirely possible for there to be some mechanism by which the eggs gain genetic memory after being formed -- for example, when they are matured before being released, perhaps that's when genetic memory is added. Seeing as genetic memory is fictional itself, such an explanation is entirely plausible.

So, yeah. It's quite possible that BOTH men and women can pass on genetic memory, so...

Exactly what I was thinking but i couldn't be assed to start an argument...:L

DeSabellis
06-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Considering it's not a true process, and only exists within the game itself- it's up to the developers if women can pass on memories. The answer is probably yes, since Eagle vision was passed on from TWCB to Desmond.

Inorganic9_2
06-17-2011, 07:38 AM
^ that makes no sense.

Also, Desmond didn't originally have eagle vision, he had to learn it. Unless, of course, experiencing Alta´r using it meant he awakened it from dormancy.

El_Sjietah
06-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
^ that makes no sense.

Also, Desmond didn't originally have eagle vision, he had to learn it. Unless, of course, experiencing Alta´r using it meant he awakened it from dormancy.
That's what they were going for. Eagle vision is a genetic trait. Regular people will never be able to use it.

And I suppose you're right about the eggs' DNA being alterable if Ubisoft wishes them to be. After all, if you can alter the DNA in other cells to save genetic memories, why not egg cells?

So apologies for jumping the gun there and calling you an idiot, InfectedNation. Looks like I was wrong.

scope2005
06-17-2011, 10:06 AM

That is actually a very well thought out and logical theory http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Never thought of it that way before.. and it makes perfect sense.

But as we are dealing with a "pseudo-science" anyway, this could probably be written around quite easily if Ubisoft wanted to... restricting memories to only male ancestors could limit the story telling potential - not that I have any desire to play as a female assassin... at all lol.

El_Sjietah
06-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Just a side note, I don't think we'll be seeing a female ancestor as long as we follow Desmond.

Just imagine what the bleeding effect would do...

scope2005
06-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Just a side note, I don't think we'll be seeing a female ancestor as long as we follow Desmond.

Just imagine what the bleeding effect would do...

LMAO.

I can't imagine desmond wearing high heels and makeup because the bleeding effect has made him into a TRANNY lol

InfectedNation
06-17-2011, 12:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
^ that makes no sense.

That's what they were going for. Eagle vision is a genetic trait. Regular people will never be able to use it.

And I suppose you're right about the eggs' DNA being alterable if Ubisoft wishes them to be. After all, if you can alter the DNA in other cells to save genetic memories, why not egg cells?

So apologies for jumping the gun there and calling you an idiot, InfectedNation. Looks like I was wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's fine, I'm sorry too for ranting about people who follow that theory, you made it make more sense than others do...

beatledude210
06-17-2011, 01:19 PM
I think it would be very fitting if he'd have a son in revelations. I think it would be cool if at the end the game they return to Florence and he teaches his son to climb. Than at the end they both climb the Church tower that Ezio and Frederico climbed in AC2, and then his son does the leap of faith off the top while "Ezio's family" plays, playing pilgrimage to the scene from AC2 and symbolizing that Ezio's work his done and his son will take up the mantle.

MagicalZero ko
06-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Didn't Lucy mention something in Brotherhood about a previous subject being a female and not being able to access some memories because she was pregnant?

El_Sjietah
06-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Nicholasm7:
Didn't Lucy mention something in Brotherhood about a previous subject being a female and not being able to access some memories because she was pregnant?
She'd be accessing two memories at once. Those of her own ancestors through herself and those of the father's ancestors through the baby.

At least that's how I understood it.

E-Zekiel
06-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liampky:

The way genetic memory works (although it is fictional of course) you only have the memories of direct ancestors </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Genetic memory is not fiction, actually, it's Fringe science, so to speak.

Neither thoroughly proven or disproven.

samward
06-17-2011, 04:49 PM

Since this is all biased off off the idea that animals pass down genetic memories to their offspring so they know where to migrate too...it would be interesting to know how it works with them...do the offspring get the instinct from the male genetic make up? or the female? or both? hmmmm...

Also about another post that was put up here about Eagle vision...I may be opening a can of worms. But I really think that Eagle vision is only passed down to certain ancestors. For example your mum could have blond hair and so could your dad...but you may be born with black hair because your great great great Nan or Grandad had dark hair. It just seems to me that the other characters in the game don't talk about it or cant explain it...makes me think that Ezio's dad, brothers, and Uncle did not inherit this gift. Same for Desmond, he did not inherit it but was "gifted it" only threw the bleeding effect even though he is a direct ancestor....anyway just a thought...

I have to say that I was one of the many who was a bit thick when fully grasping this whole concept of when we stop viewing an ancestors memory and so forth....hahahha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif But it does make a lot of sense, now that I have my head around it. I did not get it at the time, but AC2 basically explains it during the Altair sequence. At the end Desmond asks, " Why am I stuck here with Maria and not following... oh wait...that must mean.." and then it zooms into her stomach. So that really does confirm the whole cant see past an ancestors conception thing.

As for the current debate...it does strike me as interesting that we have only passed through the males thus far. Ezio is directly related to his fathers line, not his mother's..in the sense that it was his father and Uncle who were assassins and their ancestors before them. Now we have no clue what the case is with Altair family but the same thing is true when he conceives a child. He is the important link, not Mira...after all she was a Templar not an Assassin... ( my thought process being that the Assassins is the common link between all of Desmond's ancestors) so maybe there is something to this whole male genetic memory thing....

But as several people pointed out this is science fiction and it gets messy really fast...

AdmiralPerry
06-20-2011, 12:15 AM
I don't see any reason why we couldn't have a female Assassin. If anything, it'll expand the writing potential for some hilarious scenes.

To answer the original question... It's very possible we'll see that happen in ACR. It's also possible they'll leave it for the next game like they did with the Altair sequence in AC2.

InfectedNation
06-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by samward:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

Since this is all biased off off the idea that animals pass down genetic memories to their offspring so they know where to migrate too...it would be interesting to know how it works with them...do the offspring get the instinct from the male genetic make up? or the female? or both? hmmmm...

Also about another post that was put up here about Eagle vision...I may be opening a can of worms. But I really think that Eagle vision is only passed down to certain ancestors. For example your mum could have blond hair and so could your dad...but you may be born with black hair because your great great great Nan or Grandad had dark hair. It just seems to me that the other characters in the game don't talk about it or cant explain it...makes me think that Ezio's dad, brothers, and Uncle did not inherit this gift. Same for Desmond, he did not inherit it but was "gifted it" only threw the bleeding effect even though he is a direct ancestor....anyway just a thought...

I have to say that I was one of the many who was a bit thick when fully grasping this whole concept of when we stop viewing an ancestors memory and so forth....hahahha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif But it does make a lot of sense, now that I have my head around it. I did not get it at the time, but AC2 basically explains it during the Altair sequence. At the end Desmond asks, " Why am I stuck here with Maria and not following... oh wait...that must mean.." and then it zooms into her stomach. So that really does confirm the whole cant see past an ancestors conception thing.

As for the current debate...it does strike me as interesting that we have only passed through the males thus far. Ezio is directly related to his fathers line, not his mother's..in the sense that it was his father and Uncle who were assassins and their ancestors before them. Now we have no clue what the case is with Altair family but the same thing is true when he conceives a child. He is the important link, not Mira...after all she was a Templar not an Assassin... ( my thought process being that the Assassins is the common link between all of Desmond's ancestors) so maybe there is something to this whole male genetic memory thing....

But as several people pointed out this is science fiction and it gets messy really fast... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would explain but I don't feel up to it right now, but I can recommend looking up "dominant and recessive alleles" (might have got wording or spelling wrong there).

But in my opinion the alleles for eagle vision in the senes genes would almost certainly be dominant over average human ones.