PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug on AI diving capabilities

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 09:32 PM
There might be a bug in the AI-pilots diving capabilities. I made very thorough tests on different plane models capabilities to stand different diving speeds. I have one example here where AI and human pilot can stand different diving speeds w/o braking the plane.

Case: LA7 human vs. AI

I tested LA7s capabilities to survive different vertical diving speeds. Here are the results.

1. In a vertical dive (until plane brakes up) the LA7 starts to shake violently at the speed between 650-680 kmph. Some controls will be damaged at speed between 770-790 kmph. The plane will be totally destroyed (e.g. wing comes off, the engine starts to burn or the plane explodes) at the speed of 830+ kmph.

2. When diving vertically till speed reaches 600kmph and then pulling the plane to level flight -> controls will be damaged at 700+kmph.

3. When diving vertically till speed reaches 550kmph and then pulling the plane to level flight -> controls will be damaged at 690+kmph.

So we will see that at vertical dive the speed to loose controls is approx. 770-790kmph and when leveling the plane from a 550+kmph dive the controls will be damaged at speed above 700 kmph.

The test was done with 100% fuel, 70& pitch, no rad and flaps up. The initial altitude was 5000m and initial speed 300kmph. PWR was set to 110%. Initial fuel mix for LA7 was 80%.

109G6-late in vertical dive starts to shake at 700+kmph, controls will be damaged at speed between 860-870 kmph and the plane will loose its wings at 870+ kmph. The MAX diving capability is a vertical dive until speed reaches 750-760 kmph and then leveling so that the max speed is (when the plane is leveled) 820-830 kmph. 109G6-late can survive this dive w/o any damage.

Now the bug:

I tested DF with 109G6-late versus AI (Ace) LA7. We flew at 5000m. By the time the LA7 got to my tail. I made a vertical dive and the LA7 followed me. The LA7 flown by AI-pilot was capable of following me through a 760kmph vertical dive and leveling and followed my 109G6-late even when the max speed of 830kmph was reached. The test was run 3 times.

With all the tests I made, the LA7 should had broken up before it leveled off from the vertical dive. The plane broke up when flown by human pilot at such a dive but not when flown by an AI pilot. This trick seems to work agains human pilots when flown online but AI can make the plane last tougher dives. Why is that?

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 09:32 PM
There might be a bug in the AI-pilots diving capabilities. I made very thorough tests on different plane models capabilities to stand different diving speeds. I have one example here where AI and human pilot can stand different diving speeds w/o braking the plane.

Case: LA7 human vs. AI

I tested LA7s capabilities to survive different vertical diving speeds. Here are the results.

1. In a vertical dive (until plane brakes up) the LA7 starts to shake violently at the speed between 650-680 kmph. Some controls will be damaged at speed between 770-790 kmph. The plane will be totally destroyed (e.g. wing comes off, the engine starts to burn or the plane explodes) at the speed of 830+ kmph.

2. When diving vertically till speed reaches 600kmph and then pulling the plane to level flight -> controls will be damaged at 700+kmph.

3. When diving vertically till speed reaches 550kmph and then pulling the plane to level flight -> controls will be damaged at 690+kmph.

So we will see that at vertical dive the speed to loose controls is approx. 770-790kmph and when leveling the plane from a 550+kmph dive the controls will be damaged at speed above 700 kmph.

The test was done with 100% fuel, 70& pitch, no rad and flaps up. The initial altitude was 5000m and initial speed 300kmph. PWR was set to 110%. Initial fuel mix for LA7 was 80%.

109G6-late in vertical dive starts to shake at 700+kmph, controls will be damaged at speed between 860-870 kmph and the plane will loose its wings at 870+ kmph. The MAX diving capability is a vertical dive until speed reaches 750-760 kmph and then leveling so that the max speed is (when the plane is leveled) 820-830 kmph. 109G6-late can survive this dive w/o any damage.

Now the bug:

I tested DF with 109G6-late versus AI (Ace) LA7. We flew at 5000m. By the time the LA7 got to my tail. I made a vertical dive and the LA7 followed me. The LA7 flown by AI-pilot was capable of following me through a 760kmph vertical dive and leveling and followed my 109G6-late even when the max speed of 830kmph was reached. The test was run 3 times.

With all the tests I made, the LA7 should had broken up before it leveled off from the vertical dive. The plane broke up when flown by human pilot at such a dive but not when flown by an AI pilot. This trick seems to work agains human pilots when flown online but AI can make the plane last tougher dives. Why is that?