PDA

View Full Version : depthcharged for the first time!

Ratatosk79
09-23-2006, 05:57 AM
I was cruising north of england when my watchmen informed me( all too late) about the oncoming destroyer from bearing 45. i barely made the crashdive with the destroyer passing me by some few meters behind my stern. i made a hard port and went down to about 70 meters. And then the hunt began. What an experience!! i love this game. This was my first time ive been depthcharged, and i have played on and off now from february!
Ive just had to express my feelings of this game.

Now for my question. I think there are alot of interesting stories on this community about other commanders experiences. Do you know if there is a site that specificly focuses on the writings of the different commanders? Where people can share stories and follow what are happening to other players, if there aint such a site, i really think it should be done.

gvogt
09-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Be grateful. My crew did the same thing. I crashed dived and the DD ran its bottom over my rear torpedo deck. Needless to say I sank like a rock. Major flooding

Stay under water and use that sonar system. Use the surface for chasing.

WilhelmSchulz.
09-23-2006, 10:19 AM
you have to come up for air and battries sometime. Yes fog is anoying, I actuly get paranoid in fog. sepecialy during 41-42 when you dont have a Metrox and they have radar.

Kaiser_W
09-23-2006, 10:28 AM
It was probably last year, I was cruising off the west coast of Ireland in AN 72 or 73 when I ran afoul of a black swan. I tried my best to lose him, but he kept getting my trial. He managed to get some hits on me and sent me to the bottom. It was a rather shallow area though and I was able to repair my damage, reverse my flooding, get to the surface and torpdo him. I think this took about two real time hours.

Ratatosk79
09-23-2006, 10:36 AM
hehe sounds great. i have been all exited about my experience and was really greatful to have survived the experience.
But today when i woke up this morning and turned the computer on i had lost all my saves! talk about going from klimax to antiklimax. so now i have to start all over again

Grrbob25
09-23-2006, 10:38 AM
isnt it great when your getting depth charged, and you can feel the sweat rolling down for forehead, even though its only 64 F in the room??.........wow sh3 is a rush http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Stingray-65
09-23-2006, 01:00 PM
@Ratatosk79 & all
Everyone is welcome to stop by our forum (http://thewolveslair.forumsplace.com/forum-6.html&sid=6d6b420640b5c191d8d757241b62a115) to read hueywolf123's, William516's, and my patrol logs or to post your own. I think it is safe to say that William's is the best so far as he puts so much into it. I've not had as much time lately to work on mine in detail.