PDA

View Full Version : Setting for AC III?

Wolf_Within
11-15-2011, 10:06 PM
I heard somewhere that Ubi said that the setting for AC III would be somewhere where horses were a big part of the culture. Can't remember where, but I did read it.

Anyway, was speculating with a few people about where the next game is going to be.

My friends and I think the most likely is ninjas and samurai in Japan. It sounds over-used, but think about it. Horses were important to the samurai. Japanese architecture would provide a great parkour arena. The system of stealth is perfect for the ninja. The ninja appeared because they were oppressed by the samurai. Who do we know who's all about oppression? Who else do we know who would encourage the everyday people to fight back?

We also think it's most likely that the new protagonist will be female. Ubi shakes things up, and a female lead will appeal to boys in a Lara Croft way, and girls in a girl power way.

Also the ninja used improvised and homebrew weapons. Projectiles, bombs, stealth, assassination.

Anyone else think this is likely?

Animuses
11-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Assassins aren't ninjas.
Edit: Oops, typo.

Wolf_Within
11-15-2011, 11:10 PM
That's rather my point. The Assassins do operate like ninjas. It would be logical for ninjas to be Assassins.

Kotza92
11-15-2011, 11:36 PM
I think the Wild West in America is a likely possibility.

If what you said about horses is true, well then I think this could be a candidate. Also, considering the last 4 games have centred around similar settings (Dark/Medieval Ages), I think it would refreshing to tackle the plot from such a different angle.

I think the whole plot needs to advance and be brought up to modern/semi-modern times. If it was in Asia, i don't really see how that would advance the story that's been developing over 4 games... Like China and Japan are best known for their ancient achievements, and unless it deals with the origins of Those Who Came Before in like 1000 BCE or whatever, I think it would be a superfluous game.

However if it took place in America during the Civil War Era, that would 1) Be amazingly refreshing 2) Generally awesome 3) Relevant to the current era.

But i do think yours sounds more likely - i just think a modern setting (even French Revolution would be cool) will do the game well.

Just because they're Assassins doesn't mean they have to be silent, stealthy murderers, i've read the encyploaedia the Animus Edition came with and it said that 20th Century members of the Brotherhood adopted a more political approach to things like influecing politicians and parties.

bballluva0710
11-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Please, no female lead characters. sorry, I just can't feel like badass if my character is wearing a sports bra.

zgubilici
11-15-2011, 11:45 PM
Please use the AC3 and beyond thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868/p/81) for any related discussion. The AC3 setting in particular has been discussed in several threads in the forums.

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif