PDA

View Full Version : Fan Consensus on Favorite AC aspects ?

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 07:45 AM
From all the Feedback & comments I've been reading,
I put together the basics that I surmise the majority have mentioned:

Lots & lots of Missions (long game)
Stealth - ability to crouch, duck etc.
Non-restrictive missions
Choice of Difficulty Level
Option to remove armor
Some Mystery (puzzle, codex, etc.)
Harder Combat/AI
Beautiful Graphics
Weather Changes (thunderstorm, snow, etc.)
Suspenseful, deep story
Kool weapons
More fun - less annoyance.
(possibly a mission or 2 with mass carnage).

Is that about right?

I didn't want this to be a whole bunch of little nit-picky things, just general things AC fans love about AC and want to continue to enjoy.

*This isn't a thread for haters & bashing please.

If mods think this is repetitive, please lock.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SixKeys
12-17-2011, 08:07 AM
You forgot the ability to remove armor. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Something people have been asking for ever since AC2.

B_Crispino
12-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Again, that would be it for me... but i don't think i get what "non-restrictive missions" stands for... could you help me with that one?

mustash
12-17-2011, 08:30 AM
I'd also say I enjoy the expanded universe of Assassins Creed so to speak. The books, the little spin offs that lead into the games, the animations, the half hour film they did before AC2, artwork, the encyclopedia...it just goes on and on. Other then that, you've about got it down what I enjoy out of the saga.

dxsxhxcx
12-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by B_Crispino:
Again, that would be it for me... but i don't think i get what "non-restrictive missions" stands for... could you help me with that one?

I believe this has to do with 100% sync where some people think they tell us how we should play the game in most cases instead of give us the freedom to do what we want....

or maybe the "checkpoints", there are some missions where there are some checkpoints pointing out the way the player must follow to enter some place instead of let the player decide which way is the best (or worse) for him/her....

B_Crispino
12-17-2011, 09:19 AM
they know they dont have to 100% sync if they dont want to, right?

B_Crispino
12-17-2011, 09:20 AM
i actually liked this system... it makes me change my modus operantus.

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
You forgot the ability to remove armor. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Something people have been asking for ever since AC2.

Yes thank you, that's kinda what I was hoping you guys could help me out with - there's stuff I missed.
Thanks! & if this doesn't get locked, I'll change the OP to add all this stuff.

Originally posted by B_Crispino:

Well, I meant missions that give us room to improvise. And with some of the sync's in ACR, only part of the mission was affected by the sync, it still left you alot of room to do your own thing.

Like . . "Kill Joe Blow with a throwing knife" - if it's a longer mission, you have the whole thing to do your own way. That's less restrictive to me.
To say "don't be detected" for the entire mission, it limits you thru the whole mission.

dxsxhxcx
12-17-2011, 12:50 PM
- remove/add weapons from the character;
- customization system (different clothes to blend with the crowd, I'm not asking to create an entire wardrobe for the ancestor but be able to buy common people clothes would be cool);

ps: for this to work you need to implement the first option too, I don't want to have the option to use normal clothes but have a crossbow attached on my back or weapons all over my body;

- (for those who like capes) add/remove capes;

value_zero
12-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Imagine whole new World of Creed including cities and regions such:

Rome
Florence
Venice
Romagia
Forli
San Giminian
Monteriggeroni
Tuscana
Masyaf
Kingdom
Damascus
Acre
Jerusalem
Cappadocia
Constantinopole

really why if its not the hd space that is stoping them, dont make a whole new universe it will be massive, and still really detailed

kriegerdesgottes
12-17-2011, 01:12 PM
I guess for the the most important one is the non-restrictive missions and then longer story. Stealth is not necessarily something that defines an assassin nor should it in these games but every time I get desynched for being spotted by a guard I want to throw my ps3 through a window.

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Ya your right, I guess I didn't have to add stealth, just that it really stuck out alot in what people were saying. If Ubi were to read that, they'd at least know stealth was something people enjoyed alot & seem to have in common w/ the series.

value_zero
12-17-2011, 02:00 PM
They have the skill to do it stealth type, because the splinter cell was really into that, i remember it had the notice and loudness meters, that measure detection, i really liked that game, also hitman, if you didnt play it i would highly recommend, it has a lot in common with ac, jasper kyd soundtrack there actually took the games to another level of the sound, suddenly the other video games companies started to invest more into the musical elements.

SixKeys
12-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
- remove/add weapons from the character;
- customization system (different clothes to blend with the crowd, I'm not asking to create an entire wardrobe for the ancestor but be able to buy common people clothes would be cool);

ps: for this to work you need to implement the first option too, I don't want to have the option to use normal clothes but have a crossbow attached on my back or weapons all over my body;

- (for those who like capes) add/remove capes;

This is something I've wanted to see for a long time: commoner outfits. I don't see why it'd be so difficult to add one or two skins at the tailor shops that the player could buy for the character. In ACB I would sometimes use the Florentine noble outfit for Ezio because it added to the whole sneaky-assassin feel. The problem was that his weapons arsenal remained untouched, so you had a person dressed in commoner clothes carrying a crossbow and a huge sword at his side.

D.I.D.
12-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by value_zero:
They have the skill to do it stealth type, because the splinter cell was really into that, i remember it had the notice and loudness meters, that measure detection, i really liked that game, also hitman, if you didnt play it i would highly recommend, it has a lot in common with ac, jasper kyd soundtrack there actually took the games to another level of the sound, suddenly the other video games companies started to invest more into the musical elements.

I loved Splinter Cell 3. I'd like to see AC take some more elements from that. In particular, I liked SC's control of light - you could melt into the shadows, and as long as you didn't move and the guards didn't walk into you, you couldn't be seen. This lead to lots of "sweaty palms" moments, and you could also turn it into a god mode thing by knocking out lights in certain situations.

To me, AC is at its best when you have a seemingly impossible job ahead of you, but you are rewarded for being clever. In AC2 and ACB, I would spend some time walking around an area before I went for the target, figuring out routes and strategy. On every replay of AC2/ACB, it has stayed fresh for me because I've ended up doing something completely different in most missions. There was very little of that in ACR.

@Prodigurl - I misunderstood what you meant at first by "non-restrictive missions". The "must not be detected" thing is what makes the game great, and to me it's a shame that they seem to be phasing it out and pushing it into a sync requirement when it happens. I thought you meant something else, the thing I like least about ACR - it's too much on rails.

Presumably some customers complained about not knowing what to do next, or having to replay missions, and ACR is too prescriptive. It shows you what to do, then makes you do it, and sometimes I don't feel like I'm being allowed to play. If the game is too easy and mapped-out, I might as well be pressing a button to see the next event. I don't mind a tightly linear route (and I loved the mission into Lucrezia's palace) as long as I can be creative within it. It seems like a lot of players don't want to have to solve problems.

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 05:17 PM
To me, AC is at its best when you have a seemingly impossible job ahead of you, but you are rewarded for being clever. In AC2 and ACB, I would spend some time walking around an area before I went for the target, figuring out routes and strategy. On every replay of AC2/ACB, it has stayed fresh for me because I've ended up doing something completely different in most missions. There was very little of that in ACR.

First I wanted to mention that I added Weather changes to the List. That was another one I forgot people wanted.

Individual perception is so different . . I'm surprised to read this bcuz I felt just the opposite about ACR & made comments in my review that I appreciated the liberty we had to craft more of our own missions this time....
?
Alot of it was due to the bombs tho, I felt like I was planning more.
But the Cistern where we got the first key was a great example of what I love best about AC.
That was just awesome.

I should check out Splinter Cell 3, I'm not familiar with it.

D.I.D.
12-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

First I wanted to mention that I added Weather changes to the List. That was another one I forgot people wanted.

Individual perception is so different . . I'm surprised to read this bcuz I felt just the opposite about ACR & made comments in my review that I appreciated the liberty we had to craft more of our own missions this time....
?
Alot of it was due to the bombs tho, I felt like I was planning more.
But the Cistern where we got the first key was a great example of what I love best about AC.
That was just awesome.

I should check out Splinter Cell 3, I'm not familiar with it.

Yeah, you could make things happen a different way I guess. I suppose what I mean is that too often (for me) it was a choice between easy this or easy that. I appreciate that there certainly were some missions where you could do something really significant - smoke bombs and eagle vision during the Protect The Herald master assassin mission springs to mind - and perhaps I would feel differently if there had simply been more missions.

Splinter Cell 3 was a classic, quite old now but I think a lot of AC fans would enjoy it. You could crawl up a wall into a dark spot and hang there, and move around in a spiderish way. It was quite revolutionary in its day, and I expect the next gen of consoles will be able to do the same things even better with dynamic lighting.

If they ever do a late Victorian London AC, I hope they pilfer everything they can from the Raffles books: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Raffles .

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 03:44 AM
OH I didn't know SC3 was old. I'm enjoying stealth alot more than FPS these days. I keep waiting to get over this & get back to the other games I have but I have no interest in them still. :/

The one thing most of us agree on is that we want a Longer game.
I normally don't buy games that are reviewed as Short unless they go way down in price. AC is the about the only exception I'll make to my rule.

Mass Effect 2 is a great example of good graphics with game length (2 disks). I was so impressed.

Black_Widow9
12-19-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm going to lock this. It's basically the same thing as the Stickied Feedback thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif