PDA

View Full Version : The "Other" BoB

Ijnpilot
12-12-2005, 05:06 PM
I hope this hasn't been addressed in an earlier thread, but it seems that another company beat Oleg and crew to punch when it came to a BoB sim. Any experiences with this one? It came out the end of last month.

LEXX_Luthor
12-12-2005, 05:12 PM
That BoB came out 4 years ago. Just got a major update though. Still, its the *first* WW2 sim made by western developers since Microsoft crushed them all. Now that Microsoft has retreated from the WW2 combat flight sim market, we are seeing the Rebirth of the WW2 combat flight sim genre. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Wilburnator
12-12-2005, 05:17 PM
It came out a bit earlier than that, but yeah, I have it. I don't care fore it. I had Rowans first BoB a few years ago, and BoB II Wings of victory seems like the same buggy POS with somewhat updated graphics and features. Even the user interface is the same, it's a "new" old game.

I messed around with it for a few evenings and decided repeated crashes to desktop were not worth the so-so gameplay. They may have patched it to be stable now, but I don't evn care to try it again, really. I found CFS 3 to be a better game, and I don't like that one either.

BTW, if you enjoy online play, forget that as well. Bob II is singleplayer only.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
12-12-2005, 05:56 PM
PF+FB+AEP 4.02m, and LOMAC Flaming Cliffs 1.11, are the only combat flight sims to play in my book.