PDA

View Full Version : Can a memory be upgraded?

CRUDFACE
10-13-2011, 10:41 AM
We all know that Altair will be playable, but not through genetic memory, but through memory storage units.

We also know that Desmond's genetic memory of altair stopped around when Altair was maybe 25 or 26.

Now, will the memories of altair be downloaded in Desmond, thus upgrading all the years that weren't recorded? Like from this point on, if Desmond bleeds bad again, will he see his entire life instead of till he dies?

LightRey
10-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Only as his own memories. So basically they'll be stored in the same way as the memories of Desmond himself that we'll be visiting are stored in his DNA.

CRUDFACE
10-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Only as his own memories. So basically they'll be stored in the same way as the memories of Desmond himself that we'll be visiting are stored in his DNA.

So that's just a yes then? lol

LightRey
10-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Basically. But they'll not be stored in exactly the same way as Alta´r's genetic memory was. They're Desmond's observations of Ezio's observations of them after all.

CRUDFACE
10-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Basically. But they'll not be stored in exactly the same way as Alta´r's genetic memory was. They're Desmond's observations of Ezio's observations of them after all.

That's what I'm so torn up about. Won't the memories in Desmond fuse without the outside memory being inserted into him through Ezio? Kind of like two halves to make up a single whole.

The Nexus was described as just using up all the memories so that Desmond would essentially be free of them. Altair's used up technically since Desmond played him up until his ancestor was conceived.

Assassin_M
10-13-2011, 11:21 AM
^This

It is already stored in his DNA.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 11:31 AM
I wonder what kind of experience it would be for a descendant of Desmond to view his memories of Ezio viewing Alta´r's memories.

MT4K
10-13-2011, 11:58 AM
I wonder what kind of experience it would be for a descendant of Desmond to view his memories of Ezio viewing Alta´r's memories.

Maybe something like this? http://www.syfy.com/tinman/oz/ :P

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Lol.

We're playing as Desmond who's playing as Ezio who's playing as Altiar who's living his life.

But then we'll be playing as Desmond's Son playing Desmond who's playing Ezio who's playing Altiar who hasn't played anyone. Ever.

I'll just stop now.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by MT4K:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Maybe something like this? http://www.syfy.com/tinman/oz/ :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
Possibly

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Lol.

We're playing as Desmond who's playing as Ezio who's playing as Altiar who's living his life.

But then we'll be playing as Desmond's Son playing Desmond who's playing Ezio who's playing Altiar who hasn't played anyone. Ever.

I'll just stop now.

Damn it, I was wondering how far that was going to go http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

blazefp
10-14-2011, 03:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MT4K:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Maybe something like this? http://www.syfy.com/tinman/oz/ :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
Possibly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow the infinite is round

AdmiralPerry
10-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
We all know that Altair will be playable, but not through genetic memory, but through memory storage units.

We also know that Desmond's genetic memory of altair stopped around when Altair was maybe 25 or 26.

Now, will the memories of altair be downloaded in Desmond, thus upgrading all the years that weren't recorded? Like from this point on, if Desmond bleeds bad again, will he see his entire life instead of till he dies?

The way you said some of this made me have a funny thought. So, Desmond is basically a giant flash drive. For memories.

/totally non-contributing post

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

The way you said some of this made me have a funny thought. So, Desmond is basically a giant flash drive. For memories.

/totally non-contributing post </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not what I was going for, but that totally works to