PDA

View Full Version : Video Drivers?



Maico_249th
06-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi guys:
Anyone know what is the latest recomended drivers for this series? I have ATI and NVidia machines. So I ask for both. I think its been a long time since I have updated this.

Any help is highly apreciated.

Maico_249th
06-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi guys:
Anyone know what is the latest recomended drivers for this series? I have ATI and NVidia machines. So I ask for both. I think its been a long time since I have updated this.

Any help is highly apreciated.

WhiteSnake_76
06-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Depents on what ATI and NVidia grafix cards you got exactly, On some cart the latest drivers from there sites work best but on a lot of slightly older cards those drivers will give a loss in performance.

Im running NVidia driver version 71.89 because it runs best on my grafix card, a GeForce 3 titanium 500, Anything newer and i get a big drop in performance from it.
Now i run the game with out any problems in exelend setings but if i get a newer driver than 71.89 here i cant run the game anymore at all in exelent or perfect mode http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Maico_249th
06-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Ok, you are right. Let me specify. My first machine is a 3.0 P4 533 fsb with a ATI 9600XT. The second machine is the one on my sig.

Maico_249th
06-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Ooops, that is a 9800XT

Treetop64
06-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Cat 6.5 for ATI. You're in luck since ATI's latest drivers support cards down to the 9800 series.

WTE_Galway
06-28-2006, 09:07 PM
actually cat 6.6 came out a day or two back

NonWonderDog
06-29-2006, 01:17 AM
Generally, just use the latest official drivers. Any performance loss with an old card will usually never be more than 2 fps on average, and new drivers usually have little cheats to make new games run more quickly. So, if you play new games at all, get the newest drivers. Any performance loss due to optimization for newer cards will be offset by the optimization for newer games.

You might rarely see new drivers break things, but don't worry about it unless/until you have problems. You can always roll back if you have problems.

Maico_249th
06-29-2006, 09:15 AM
While that is sound advice for people playing lots of games, I only play FB/PF. The latest drivers are not allways the best for this sim.

Treetop64
06-29-2006, 06:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
actually cat 6.6 came out a day or two back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those guys stay busy, don't they?

-HH-Quazi
06-29-2006, 09:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maico_249th:
While that is sound advice for people playing lots of games, I only play FB/PF. The latest drivers are not allways the best for this sim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my 3 yr excursion with ATI, 95% of the time I have always found there new Cat releases to either give better fr's or better IQ, or both, than the previous Cats. The other 5% I saw no difference. Of course this has been my personal experience. Others may feel differently.

MOH_Hirth
06-30-2006, 06:33 PM
this is a good driver for nvidia with IL-2, ngo have versions for ATI too.
Download aquamark03(benchmark precise and fast) and test your changes.

KG26_Alpha
07-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Older drivers and bios updates upto 6800 gpu's

http://www.whitebunny.net/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html

Bolt40
07-05-2006, 03:40 PM
So what driver would be the best for an Nvidia 7800GS ?..I too am having stutters still and " tears " in some planes in perfect mode..

Pentium 4 2.6 ghz
2 gig DDR ram
256 mb Nvidia 7800 GS AGP

papotex
07-05-2006, 06:50 PM
anyone knows where i can get the latest ATI drivers with the old control panel?

i have read of ways to installing just the driver and leaving the control panel intact but
that has never worked for me.