PDA

View Full Version : "Patrol area" objective

Kromus1
03-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Hello,
im a bit confused here.
Got mission, where i have to patrol certain area (star with binoculars). I was patroling about 2 days in that area and objective isnt still completed. How long and whats the perimeter that i have to patrol around that symbol?
Thx for answer.

walsh2509
03-21-2007, 11:03 AM
I was the same , I was there for more than a week and sank 5 ships for 24,500t. I got back to PH, and was given 250 renown pts and a Patrol Star.

My setting was 70odd%. Only 2 things stopped me from being 100% I didn't tick the manual targeting box and I kept map contacts on.

Kromus1
03-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Thx for answer, just needed to know, how long do i need to stay around that star symbol, until i get objective accomplished = area patrolled successfully

vertex42
03-22-2007, 10:38 AM
its 2 days or tonnage...sometimes they dont go away and you just go back to base...i stayed once from december 12th to february 19th...i kept refitting in midway to patrol the marshall islands..nothing came my way....for 2 months i went back home and i got the same mission again...went back and this time after 2 days it went away...then i had to drop of soe agents three times in a row twice at okinawa and once at china...i think the missions are bugged or they are not very dynamic...

Kromus1
03-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Thx, so it was 48 hours...
I found out that i can patrol 100 km (at least) in perimeter around that star symbol for 48 hours until it gets grey and mission successful.

Btw, any idea how long to patrol on "Deploy to" missions?
When i get there star greys out and i need to sink enemy ships (another objective). I just dont know for hol long i need to stay in that area and how much do I need to sink.

ausfatcat1979
03-25-2007, 01:02 AM
i think they are bugged, I got the same patrol area 4 times in a row now

veovis39
03-25-2007, 01:47 AM
For 'deploy to' missions, all you have to do is go to the area, and then sink a merchant ship. Any merchant ship, any where. The only deploy mission I've gotten, I didn't sink anything where I was supposed to be deploying to (Celebes Sea) but I sank 8 ships in the Indochina sea, and that counted.

Kromus1
03-25-2007, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by veovis39:
For 'deploy to' missions, all you have to do is go to the area, and then sink a merchant ship. Any merchant ship, any where. The only deploy mission I've gotten, I didn't sink anything where I was supposed to be deploying to (Celebes Sea) but I sank 8 ships in the Indochina sea, and that counted.

I sank little more than 20000 tons and after that it was completed.