PDA

View Full Version : What's your average score per round and kills per round in manhunt?

DeanOMiite
01-26-2011, 08:01 AM
I basically earned my lvl50 playing exclusively Wanted and onlynow have been getting into Manhunt. I'm pretty good on the defensive side, I know how to stun, how to stun lock if a teammate is nearby, I get the bonuses, blah blah blah.

But for the life of me I can't figure out what to do on offense. I try to be stealthy but my more aggressive teammates always get the kills. I get very few kills...they're good kills, but they're very few, and I don't think I'm killing enough to help the team.

So...to you manhunt Pr0z...how many kills do you get per round? What are those kills usually worth? How aggressive are you compared to how you play Wanted?

Phyxsius-
01-26-2011, 08:07 AM
No less than 400 per kill.

What I do, and mind you I AM slow.. is run until I am well before the corner.. then walk.

Sure, I get fewer kills, but they are quality kills. Furthermore, the ones that run further will be seen jogging around the corner and get stunned, then the target runs into your arms. literally.

I average anything between 4 and 6 per round. Anything else extra is a bonus. My main source of points is defence.

I played VERY LITTLE Wanted, but from what I can tell.. in Manhunt I am about 2 - 3 times more agressive. In Wanted I do not jog and I am way more paranoid.

I get very few kills...they're good kills, but they're very few, and I don't think I'm killing enough to help the team.

The team will likely concede way too many points in Stuns, since, if they get to your targets faster, that usually means they are seen coming a mile away. Which is asking for the stuns that come their way with the precision of a Swiss Watch. The good thing is that they will start chases and if you are smart and position correctly, you get ALL their points http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif . That and you could pick lonely target that is not picked by the "pack".

obliviondoll
01-26-2011, 08:12 AM
If you've got an aggressive team, and aren't willing to basically turn half-runner to get good kills, there are two options:

1. Go for the co-op bonuses, make the team's score even higher, but you'll get less personal benefits. I usually do this when working with friends.

2. Go for isolated targets, you can see how many teammates are after the same target as you when you cycle through the enemies - aggressive teammates tend to head for the highest concentration of opponents - if one is alone, or if there are two pairs, and your teammates head in one direction, go for the loner/un-targeted pair. If I'm with players I don't know, or with players who are being idiots, I'll usually do this more often.

When you are out of line of sight, don't feel bad about running, but keep an eye on ALL target indicators, not just the one you have on the compass - ANY target in line of sight when you're running will lose your Incognito bonus.

DeanOMiite
01-26-2011, 08:15 AM
What would you guys say is the single most important thing to do on offense in order to maximize total score for the round?

SniffyPenguin
01-26-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm sitting at an average of 6,400 in Manhunt at the moment, according to Templar Score.

I usually get between 6-7k in almost every match.

You want high point stealth kills on offense, Dean? Be patient and stay on the roofs. Eventually when all your team mates rush in for the kills on the ground, they're going to get smoked/muted and mass-stunned. You can target any of the targets from above for a decent kill that cab't be interrupted by abilities.

Dangle off the ledge and focus for an extra 250 points (Acrobatic+Focus). Mixed with Incog, that's 650 for a kill without abilities.

Phyxsius-
01-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by DeanOMiite:
What would you guys say is the single most important thing to do on offense in order to maximize total score for the round?

Don`t concede Stuns. Do ANYTHING but don`t give them Stuns! 200 points is far better than 25/second. IF you were seen or you see more players in an area.. play support = flush them out, put yourself in a position they cannot "stall" you.

My case = I get 1100-1500 if I blend ONLY... but shoot over 4000 if I do stuns.

obliviondoll
01-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by DeanOMiite:
Personally, I'd say the most important thing is to make sure you get as many different bonuses as possible.

Variety scores add a lot when you're not getting many kills.

Go for at least one Silent and one Incognito, and if possible, a Discreet Aerial Kill. If I start off hunting and don't have Variety by the end of the round, I know I'm going to be below the top 3 in the match. If I do, I'll usually hit Greater Variety in the defensive round (600 point stuns are so much more satisfying...)

Also, aim for every co-op bonus you can get - Multi-Kill, Knock Out, Co-Op Kills/Stuns, anytime it's obvious who a teammate is aiming for, and you're safe from harm, lock on and help the team score add up.

Also, if a teammate starts a chase, try to put yourself in the target's path and NPC your way to a Hidden/Incognito/DIVERSION BONUSES ARE AWESOME!

cptn_k
01-26-2011, 08:29 AM
I don't really play much wanted, so can't compare my tactics between the two.

For manhun I usually get between 2 and 7 kills per match, but managed to get a big fat 0 earlier today, well done me! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

It really depends on how the rest of your team are playing.

I would suggest setting up 2 defensive profiles and 2 offensive profiles and another for roofers/runners.

My usual tactic is to go team 2 defense first in the session, get a feel for how the other team are playing as well as my team mates. This helps decide my profile for the offensive round.

Then on offense I immediately select a different target to my team mates from the off, so while they're all busy on one hapless soul, I can be stalking my target, alone.

If I've chosen my profile well I can sometimes pull off a 600 point first kill, and get multi kill bonuses if timed right.

I will then always try to select a target no one else has, or maybe just one other team mate has if my abilities are on cooldown - this helps if you get into a sticky situation where there is more than one target in an area.

If I am stunned I will usually always change profile, to keep the other team guessing what's coming at them, to stop stun locks and to mix things up trying for variety bonuses.

I will also change tactics if something isn't working, and occasionally will do some roof running to go for the acrobatic and ariel bonuses, and to really get to people! (sorry for the swearing) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

The key is to mix it up as much as you can, and hope you're with decent team mates who can and will work together for the co-op bonuses.

It always makes me laugh on defense when all the team get in one group or area at the start, and the offensive team come at you all together...not pretty though!

My average session score is 3800, and my maximum score is 8315 (without x2 loss streak).

My average kill score is 410 (or thereabouts, without looking).

Templar rank is master for team mode.

So I'm not a fantastic player, or a pro by any means, but I like to have fun playing and trying different things out.

Keep all that in mind and you should have a lot of fun playing manhunt.

If you're on ps3 you can add me if you want, and maybe get a game sometime.

cobwebegg
01-26-2011, 09:39 AM
I tend to score better on defence than offence, but every now and then I have a monster round where I can do no wrong and the kills and points just rack up.

On average I come away with 4000 to 6000. In a good game I can go even higher. I would say my average score per kill is 400. This obviously varies I try to keep to at least silent kills. Making sure to get one discreet for bonuses.

In the match after the initial madness of the first 30 or so seconds I try to take the targets without pursuers, or with only one. If I'm alone on a target I will go in on a roof if possible. Sure your obvious, but as most poeple use mute smoke charge their defenses are useless against an ariel attack. If you can't get an ariel and your abilities are on cool down, I just wait, either for back up from a team mate or for the cool down to end.

If there are two of us after the same target, then let your team mate go in first. Sure you might not get a kill but there's just as much, if not more, of a chance your team mates going to get punched, then you can kill them however you want while they're suck in the stun animation.

Finally don't take on more than one defender on youre own, you will be stunned. If there's three or more in the area and they know what theyre doing you will be stunlocked. Which means having to desync, which wastes time. It's almost always quick to wait for back up.

Just Krispy
01-26-2011, 09:43 AM
I get most of my points on defense...offense is just a bunch of kill steals IMHO.

Dog 0f War
01-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by PMSKrispy:
I get most of my points on defense...offense is just a bunch of kill steals IMHO.
I always get 2000-3000 defensive and only average 3-5 kills a game with 3000-4000 points for kills.

You just have to get the most you can with your kills and you will be the top scorer in the game many of times with others saying how did you beat my score lol.

F.Y.I. I never run in site of my target......EVER!

StarScream391
01-26-2011, 12:50 PM
My average kills per round in manhunt is between 8-11 and most of them are 300 point kill, If im lucky I get 16 kills and end up with 9000 points in 1 round http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dog 0f War
01-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by StarScream391:
My average kills per round in manhunt is between 8-11 and most of them are 300 point kill, If im lucky I get 16 kills and end up with 9000 points in 1 round http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
In Manhunt mode? So you make 5000 points defensive? Great stuff! =)