PDA

View Full Version : Got Pacific Fighters like it except Bomber Campaigns don't work ...

jamesdietz
10-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Help! I keep getting a "Don't mesh" message block that I must push "Ok" to go back to menu...Campaign will not start.It doesn't matter if I try the A-20 or the B-25,but they both work in single missions ( except I can't seem to customize B-25 ( in a/c viewer it appears "Void", is cammo'd in the mission...Does anyone have the solution? I did do a complete clean install of the whole game....

jamesdietz
10-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Help! I keep getting a "Don't mesh" message block that I must push "Ok" to go back to menu...Campaign will not start.It doesn't matter if I try the A-20 or the B-25,but they both work in single missions ( except I can't seem to customize B-25 ( in a/c viewer it appears "Void", is cammo'd in the mission...Does anyone have the solution? I did do a complete clean install of the whole game....

JPackets
10-29-2004, 05:38 AM
I have the same problem. I posted a message about it yesterday but the post seems to have dissapeared......conspiracy?http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm suprised that i havent seen more posts like this. It cant be just us two that are having this problem......can it?

Clostermann77
10-29-2004, 05:46 AM
i dont have pf maybe today if i am lucky but i got this and il2fb aces sometime and only exit the game and than comeback solve the problem

JPackets
10-29-2004, 05:48 AM
I've tried exiting and restarting and that dosent seem to work. I wonder if this has something to do with the content that was not shipped with the game but is supposed to be made avaiable for download soon?

midas38
10-29-2004, 08:01 AM
I tried to do a B-25 mission last night, it would load to 100% then tells me something about paratroopers error and cuts to the main menu. I haven't tried to restart the game yet as it was late at night but will give it a shot when I come home from work.

Saburo_0
10-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Have you tried the DGEN beta patch ?

http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/home.php

Cpt.Confidence
10-30-2004, 03:14 AM
Same problem here too! I emailed them about it.

In the USAAF New Guinea campaign, using the B-25 or A-20, while the
mission
> is loading, at about 90% complete, it gives me the following error.
>
> ERROR
>
> MISSION LOADING FAILED: MESH
> 3DO/HUMANS/PARATROOPERS/RUSSIA/MO
> NO.SIM NOT CREATED
>
> I have installed PF as a addon to FB/AEP and have never had any problems
> with FB in the past. My drivers are up to date. Anyway, thank you for your
> time and for the quality games you create!
>
> -Jeff

Soon after I recieved an email back from Oleg.

"It is failed loading in memory of the last file from hard drive.
Unfortunately it isn't our bug, but work of hardware that some time files to
read from hard drive to memory before mission.
This message tell that basic 3D model of pilots with the chutes (bailed out)
doesn't loads in memory.
Solution in this case could be restart the game (not the mission)

In Some cases its a problem of clearing memory with some PC."

I tried restarting the game and reinstalling the game, but still I get the same problem. I have not tried the dgen patch, but I will when I get off of work in the morning, maybe it will solve the problem.

Starshoy
10-30-2004, 04:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by midas38:
I tried to do a B-25 mission last night, it would load to 100% then tells me something about paratroopers error and cuts to the main menu. I haven't tried to restart the game yet as it was late at night but will give it a shot when I come home from work. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is GF driver problem, happened also in FB on some maps. Just upgrade them, it will solve the problem.

JPackets
11-04-2004, 05:50 AM
tried updating my drivers. I have the most recent drivers but problem still persists. From what i've read on other forum posts this is supposedly a "rare" problem experienced by only a few players. Too bad for me i guess since it takes away the bomber campaign fun i was hoping for. I can still use them in single missions but it's just not the same.....sighhhhhhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I also have the same problem when trying the japanese army campaign on New Guinea.

Cpt.Confidence
11-04-2004, 08:16 AM
Actually, instead of using the most up to date drivers, you need to roll-back your drivers to Geforce 3/4/FX €" WinXP-56.72_WHQL, try this, it worked for me!

JPackets
11-07-2004, 07:46 AM
gave it a try but still had the same prob.....oh well, guess i'll just live with it for now and hope that a patch or new driver will help in the future.
thanks for the tip though.

Athosd
11-07-2004, 08:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JPackets:
gave it a try but still had the same prob.....oh well, guess i'll just live with it for now and hope that a patch or new driver will help in the future.
thanks for the tip though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you totally blast/purge the old drivers before applying the new ones? There are several free tools available that do a good job of cleaning out previous Nvidia driver files.

Cheers

Athos

jamesdietz
11-07-2004, 11:14 AM
The new Dgen patch cleared up Campaign problems , but I would like to clean up/blast drivers as mentioned here...How do I do it? Thru Nvidia site? I figure this might help FPS rate which suffers with all the flak from the ships...maybe???

Athosd
11-07-2004, 05:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamesdietz:
The new Dgen patch cleared up Campaign problems , but I would like to clean up/blast drivers as mentioned here...How do I do it? Thru Nvidia site? I figure this might help FPS rate which suffers with all the flak from the ships...maybe??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm at work so don't have the details in front of me right now - however the tool I use is called "Driver Cleaner" (freeware). It does a good job of purging Nvidia and ATI drivers (Creative too IIRC).

Where do you get it? Try www.majorgeeks.com (http://www.majorgeeks.com) - the site is pretty up to date and has heaps of tools for download.

Salute

Athos