PDA

View Full Version : Gas at the beginning of the original AC?

Cam_Habacores
08-10-2011, 01:00 PM
I just got around to re-playing the first Assassin's Creed, and noticed some kind of whispy, near-transparent gas flowing into the room up through vents in the floor in the first cutscene when Desmond comes out of the Animus. Never noticed this before, and I've never read or heard anything about it. Anybody know what it is/could be?

naran6142
08-10-2011, 01:05 PM
maybe the vents are just really dusty

if it is next to the animus, i think there is more to what makes up the animus underneath it. maybe it is from that

i doubt it is anything of significance.

O...and welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ShaneO7K
08-10-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm not really sure, though I think it's to help the animus go through longer sessions without getting over-heated which happened a lot.

Cam_Habacores
08-10-2011, 01:09 PM
maybe the vents are just really dusty

if it is next to the animus, i think there is more to what makes up the animus underneath it. maybe it is from that

i doubt it is anything of significance.

O...and welcome to the forums
Thanks, and thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

blazefp
08-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
I'm not really sure, though I think it's to help the animus go through longer sessions without getting over-heated which happened a lot.

Yeah it's probably just dry ice or sth

ThaWhistle
08-11-2011, 12:15 PM
I reckon its just some spiffy effect they did to make it have some atmosphere. AC1 was all about clouds of stuff floating around everywhere.

redcheetah7
08-11-2011, 12:54 PM
If I had to take a guess it would be liquid nitrogen or helium. Why? Because the animus is a supercomputer which consists of components both under the floor and in the two corners of the room. If you keep the CPUs of any computer near absolute zero (with liquid helium) the wires become superconductive, which increases the clock speed by an insane amount. If I needed to fit a ridiculous amount of processing power in a small space (which they do) I would use the superconducting technique rather than increasing the size of the machine