PDA

View Full Version : Old Snake

Piflik
08-20-2011, 05:00 AM
Don't know how many of you played MGS4, but personally I always found it strange to play Old Snake, with all the coughing, back aching and stuff (irked me almost as much as the beard).
Now I have seen a gameplay trailer of Revelations from Gamescom and I somehow have the fear that this game has a similar problem. Ezio talking about how easy that used to be and coughing at least once...admittedly, he was injured after that crash, but still...will Ezio be too old to be an assassin, or was that a singular occurrence for that mission only?

ShaneO7K
08-20-2011, 05:07 AM
It probably was only a one mission thing, but I can see him refering to his age quite a few times in the game.

But I doubt it will be anything to the scale of how Old Snake was in MGS4.

SupremeCaptain
08-20-2011, 05:10 AM
I hope not. Playing as Old Snake was depressing at first, but then it got annoying with all his problems.

I think Ezio is just going to shrug it off and carry on. Probably take his pain out on someone else.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 08:03 AM
He's in his 50's. He should still be more than capable of freerunning and things like that. I've seen people 20 years older capable of running marathons.

dxsxhxcx
08-20-2011, 08:24 AM
I don't care if they want to show Ezio as a superman who can do whatever he want independent of his age, but if you (Ubisoft) want to show him injuried in a scene (like the one in the demo), make these "injuries" (at least in that scene) affect his combat habilities instead of, once the battle starts, allow him to kill his targets without suffer the consequences of being injuried...

Turkiye96
08-20-2011, 08:49 AM
well i really hope Ezio does face his age every now and again in the game. exactly why we should see ezio all slow at the start of the game and then gets much fasted when he gets the hook blade... while i agree he will be more lethal he will have to fight more tactically and skillfully rather then use his lesser phisical power to over come those in his way.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
I don't care if they want to show Ezio as a superman who can do whatever he want independent of his age, but if you (Ubisoft) want to show him injuried in a scene (like the one in the demo), make these "injuries" (at least in that scene) affect his combat habilities instead of, once the battle starts, allow him to kill his targets without suffer the consequences of being injuried...
Well he did seem unable to climb buildings while he was injured. That indicates that at the very least it influences part of the gameplay. I wouldn't be surprised if it usually affects combat as well, but they left it out of the demo, because they wanted it to a smooth playthrough.

ShaneO7K
08-20-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
Well he did seem unable to climb buildings while he was injured. That indicates that at the very least it influences part of the gameplay. I wouldn't be surprised if it usually affects combat as well, but they left it out of the demo, because they wanted it to a smooth playthrough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I kind of hope it does affect combat and climbing because it'll make people think twice before charging to a group of around 6 guards.

It was definetly something I liked in AC1 when ever you saw the massive patrols in The Kingdom and you were still on foot you would be like "Oh Shi-!". But in AC2 and ACB large groups could be killed in no time at all.

So injuries could definetly balance things up.

dxsxhxcx
08-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
Well he did seem unable to climb buildings while he was injured. That indicates that at the very least it influences part of the gameplay. I wouldn't be surprised if it usually affects combat as well, but they left it out of the demo, because they wanted it to a smooth playthrough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I kind of hope it does affect combat and climbing because it'll make people think twice before charging to a group of around 6 guards.

It was definetly something I liked in AC1 when ever you saw the massive patrols in The Kingdom and you were still on foot you would be like "Oh Shi-!". But in AC2 and ACB large groups could be killed in no time at all.

So injuries could definetly balance things up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the problem is, Ezio injuried was part of a scene, I don't think they thought in make low health affect his abilities (but I would love if they do), and even if they did, the enemies AI (and other elements like the damage dealt by them) needs to be improved for this to work (to give us a real motive to avoid some battles) otherwise it would just be an useless feature..

reddragonhrcro
08-20-2011, 09:18 AM
I could image an that UbiSoft would get an idea out of this topic
Making an Old Snake outfit LOL

reddragonhrcro
08-20-2011, 09:36 AM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnw418LwCN1qblk80o1_500.jpg

SupremeCaptain
08-20-2011, 09:38 AM
^ Damn that's awesome.

Jexx21
08-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

..in AC1 when I saw large group of guards I ran in to fight them. It was so easy.. I think you're looking at AC1 with rose-tinted glasses buddy.

dxsxhxcx
08-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

..in AC1 when I saw large group of guards I ran in to fight them. It was so easy.. I think you're looking at AC1 with rose-tinted glasses buddy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it may be easy, but even being easy still is the hardest combat system of all the (AC) games released until now...

ShaneO7K
08-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

..in AC1 when I saw large group of guards I ran in to fight them. It was so easy.. I think you're looking at AC1 with rose-tinted glasses buddy.

In the later stages it was easier yes but in the early seqeunces if you tried that you would have a high chance of dying, being perfectly honest it's not hard to see that the guards weren't all that difficult at any point in AC2.

SupremeCaptain
08-20-2011, 10:27 AM
I remember getting my *** (Censored to save you mod's time!) kicked by Templars. AC1 wasn't uber hard, it just required skill.

In ACB I got owned by that Borgia Captain and the first set of Papal Guards. But after that it got too easy.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Ezio is used to parkouring, but it's starting to take a little more effort than he's used to. regardless, he's better at it than ever, he has the hookblade to help him out, and he's used to shrugging off pain. After he got some medicine in the gameplay, you'll notice he had all his abilities and agility back.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
I remember getting my *** (Censored to save you mod's time!) kicked by Templars. AC1 wasn't uber hard, it just required skill.

In ACB I got owned by that Borgia Captain and the first set of Papal Guards. But after that it got too easy.
AC1 required a bit of timing, but nothing more.

ACB required quick reaction times to avoid getting knocked out of your combo, but you never had to do it for too long unless a fight was really big, and there wasn't enough penalty for getting hit.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

AC1 required a bit of timing, but nothing more.

ACB required quick reaction times to avoid getting knocked out of your combo, but you never had to do it for too long unless a fight was really big, and there wasn't enough penalty for getting hit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I would've liked it if there were more times that you were completely swarmed with enemies, like in the first mission of the Baron de Valois assassination.

Animuses
08-20-2011, 01:15 PM
The full synch got rid of the fun in that mission though.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
The full synch got rid of the fun in that mission though.
meh, a combination of running around, using recruits and using smoke bombs near the gates made it quite easy to finish it with 100% sync. After that it was one of the most fun missions to replay imo.

Animuses
08-20-2011, 01:25 PM
I didn't mean it was hard to get full synch, but I like enjoying a swarm of guards and we haven't gotten that since the first AC.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
I didn't mean it was hard to get full synch, but I like enjoying a swarm of guards and we haven't gotten that since the first AC.
Well it's not hard to get a swarm of guards in AC2 and ACB, but most of them run away after a few kills :/

SupremeCaptain
08-20-2011, 06:44 PM
I love that Gatekeeper mission because you can keep fighting until you shut the gates or Bartolomeo dies.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 06:47 PM
BTW, I was playing AC1 and THREE guards ran away from me at once. So it happens just as much throughout ALL the games, stop blaming AC2 and ACb. : )

LightRey
08-20-2011, 06:49 PM
BTW, I was playing AC1 and THREE guards ran away from me at once. So it happens just as much throughout ALL the games, stop blaming AC2 and ACb. : )
Yeah, but there are usually more high-level guards (that don't run away) to go around in AC1 if I'm not mistaken.

xCr0wnedNorris
08-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I know it's not really as fast paced as the Sequence 6 Memory 1 mission a.k.a. "Gatekeeper" in Brotherhood, But in AC 1, whenever you killed a guard, it would always spawn a few more nearby to investigate, so you could fight an infinite amount that way.

SupremeCaptain
08-20-2011, 06:52 PM

The stronger guards rarely run away when you are further into the game.

It happens a ridiculous amount of times in AC2 and ACB.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

The stronger guards rarely run away when you are further into the game.

It happens a ridiculous amount of times in AC2 and ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Now, now, I often find it more ridiculous that any still stay after Ezio's killed like 5-10 of them in only a few seconds.

Animuses
08-20-2011, 07:12 PM
The guards run away so often in ACB because of the dagger of Brutus.

Valaquen_
08-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Pretty sure Ezio went flying down a gorge about 2 minutes before he complained about it being easy before. A 50 year old man post-carriage/canyon accident complaining about discomfort? Understandable.

RzaRecta357
08-21-2011, 10:12 AM
The point of AC1s combat being better and harder is that you don't get all your gear at once.

They roam the streets HARD and ready to attack you just seeing you towards the final chapters.

They don't have health bars.

They can toss you until you learn grab break and are able to counter you.

Also, that Old Snake and Ezio picture is friggin AWESOME. I want a 1080p version to toss into my desktop rotation.

reddragonhrcro
08-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
The point of AC1s combat being better and harder is that you don't get all your gear at once.

They roam the streets HARD and ready to attack you just seeing you towards the final chapters.

They don't have health bars.

They can toss you until you learn grab break and are able to counter you.

Also, that Old Snake and Ezio picture is friggin AWESOME. I want a 1080p version to toss into my desktop rotation.
Found it on google after seeing it on facebook.