PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR External reset

KaZAamM
07-17-2011, 11:40 AM
I just bought IL2 1946. I have a excellent rig and am using TrackIR in the game. When I press F2 to go to external view, it works but the view is centered at the side of the plane not the rear. Is there a way to reset the external view to match the center of TrackIR?

Stiletto-
07-18-2011, 07:44 AM
No, IL-2 will think you are trying to pan your view the same as if you were using a mouse and will probably default to the same external location each time unless you remember to keep your head swiveled to a certain spot before changing views.

The 2 advisable things to do would be to disable your TrackIR with the hotkey before going into external view or using the F8 view, which is locked to the tail view.

KaZAamM
07-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks Stiletto, I also have Wings of Prey and it does have a reset for the external view. Strange. I thought that Wings of Prey uses the same engine as IL-2...

Stiletto-
07-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Wings of Prey is a different game engine, what is familiar in it is that it uses alot of the 3d models and some similar textures from IL-2.

I just picked it up on the summer Steam sale for 4.99 myself.. and struggling to enjoy it, due to the way the planes handle compared to IL-2 1946 and the AI. Though the graphics sure look pretty. If they could get the rendering engine from WoP and port it into IL-2 '46, Cliffs of Dover could take 3 years to iron out all the bugs in it for all I care. The lighting looks that good to me in Wings of Prey. Maybe I will tackle the gameplay someday!

KaZAamM
07-20-2011, 12:22 AM
@Stilleto: I just picked up IL2 Cliffs of Dover. I never got a chance to buy it earlier and it was pulled off of Steam since it was unplayable and not optimized giving massive slowdowns and such.

I just hope they fixed it. I'm downloading it now. They said they will re-release the game when its ready. I guess we'll see.

Check out my name on Steam.

Stiletto-
07-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I will definitely check out Cliffs of Dover again at a later date in time. I have a new sandy bridge system, my frame rates in the game are fine, its just that everything else is a mess. Hopefully it will be like a fine wine, putting it on the shelf and letting it age will make it better when it finally gets opened! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

KaZAamM
07-22-2011, 07:14 AM
I just can't wait till the zambezi bulldozer gets released. I have the Crosshair V mobo, and using my old hex core 1090T processor which my mobo is not built for. Still, with 2 GTX590's, I'm still not able to turn Cliffs of Dover up all the way. There is a major frame rate drop when I shoot down planes. The graphics are out of this world though. The shadows in the plane are unbelievable. I'm not sure if the game is optimized for quad SLI though.

Stiletto-
07-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Most simulations, of all sorts have a problem optimizing Sli and Crossfire. I have heard it has to do with the wide open spaces and rendering so many things on screen at once, compared to rail shooters where you are in a tight corridor alot of the time. Maybe that answer is bologna, I don't know.. But I have yet to see any simulation get close to the performance out of a dual gpu setup that more traditional games can do.