PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Assassin's Creed:Holy Land

DavisP92
12-31-2010, 12:17 AM
http://www.gamepur.com/news/24...creed-holy-land.html (http://www.gamepur.com/news/2426-next-game-assassins-creed-franchise-be-called-assassins-creed-holy-land.html)

Is it possible that we're going back during the time of Altair and play as one of his followers. Unless it's gonna follow the story of desmond and we play as Altair's son. But most likely this will be a game only in the past, hopefully not a strategy game.

THE-GRIZZLEY
12-31-2010, 12:19 AM
The holy land....

Jerusalem?

ShinjiS9
12-31-2010, 12:24 AM
Well if the author writes books that are "completely based" off AC, then the book is just probably going to be about Altair...

Inorganic9_2
12-31-2010, 04:24 AM
...and they didn't notice that the books were written after the games? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Chouxbun1
12-31-2010, 05:04 AM
I dont like that idea...

BK-110
12-31-2010, 05:29 AM
Well, we already know about Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy for the 3DS, which will be about Ezio going to Masyaf to learn about the past of the Brotherhood.

SevketErhat
12-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by BK-110:
Well, we already know about Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy for the 3DS, which will be about Ezio going to Masyaf to learn about the past of the Brotherhood.

I will surely pass that one. No 3DS for me...

AMuppetMatt
12-31-2010, 08:32 AM
"Ubisoft couple of months ago official..."
"A well know bookseller in Dutch "Selexyz" has"
"there is book title Assassin's Creed: Renaissance which examines the story of Assassin's Creen"
"than there also a book of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood."
"However one book that catch our eyes"

Sorry, but with this many grammatical errors and spelling mistakes I trust this source about as much as a blind armadillo to provide accurate information...

slaro
12-31-2010, 09:00 AM
the past, hopefully not a strategy game.

THE-GRIZZLEY
Posted Thu December 30 2010 23:19 Hide Post
The holy land....

Jerusalem?

"Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible."

Ignored post by THE-GRIZZLEY posted Thu December 30 2010 23:19 Show Post

ShinjiS9 Posted Thu December 30 2010 23:24 Hide Post
Well if the author writes books that are "completely based" off AC, then the book is just probably going to be about Altair...

Ignored post by ShinjiS9 posted Thu December 30 2010 23:24 Show Post

Inorganic9_2 Posted Fri December 31 2010 03:24 Hide Post
...and they didn't notice that the books were written after the games?

Nulla Ŕ Reale, tutto Ŕ lecito.

"Compio questo sacrificio per il bene superiore"

Ignored post by Inorganic9_2 posted Fri December 31 2010 03:24 Show Post

Chouxbun1 Posted Fri December 31 2010 04:04 Hide Post
I dont like that idea...

Ignored post by Chouxbun1 posted Fri December 31 2010 04:04 Show Post

BK-110
Posted Fri December 31 2010 04:29 Hide Post

"I thought... I thought I was beyond this... But I'm not. I've waited too long... lost too much... Requiescat in pace, you *******." - Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Assassin's Creed II

Ignored post by BK-110 posted Fri December 31 2010 04:29 Show Post

SevketErhat
Posted Fri December 31 2010 07:29 Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BK-110:

I will surely pass that one. No 3DS for me...

Ignored post by SevketErhat posted Fri December 31 2010 07:29 Show Post

AMuppetMatt Posted Fri December 31 2010 07:32 Hide Post
"Ubisoft couple of months ago official..."
"there is book title Assassin's Creed: Renaissance which examines the story of Assassin's Creen"

Sorry, but with this many grammatical errors and spelling mistakes I trust this source about as much as a blind armadillo to provide accurate information...

So Lync, you think AC3 will be in Ancient Egypt... you're on!

Ignored post by AMuppetMatt posted Fri December 31 2010 07:32 Show Post

Powered by Social Strata
Please Wait. Your request is being processed...
Logout: Forums
Update LiveCloud Account Reply

ubi.com Forums Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed & Brotherhood General Discussion 2011 Assassin's Creed:Holy Land

Guys, ofcource this will be a dissapointment if we expect Assassins Creed 3, but wait a minute.

They first said that Assassins Creed 3 would be coming at doomsday in 2012. After that they said that pb in 2011 already a part was coming. Not that it would be Assassins Creed 3.
So its possible that we indeed go back to the Holy Land, maybe later, maybe earlier i dont know haha. But I guess this wont be AC 3 if it is indeed The Holy Land. Besides its pure speculation and no official statement.

ThaWhistle
12-31-2010, 12:19 PM
looks like someone likes to ignore alot of people.

DavisP92
01-01-2011, 09:10 AM
hah ignored post... if they do the holy land game then it may not be about desmond, but with or without desmond it is highly likely that it will have a character creation system. If they downgrade the graphics of the game and make it a stragety game then i know for a fact i will not buy it. and a lot of ppl i kno won't either. We all want AC3 asap, but at the same time its probably better if they take their time with it and have another year... and it looks like that AC3 will be in France, but i would like to see a co-op story in the game that allows the gamers to go to egypt, creating their own assassin; with a special skill (archery, poisen, bombs, ect.) with upgrades on stealth, fighting, enemy AI, customization, and more.

rileypoole1234
01-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Maybe the "holy land" is the garden of eden

PirateRob
01-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I've looked at this a few times today and done some research but I can't find the book that's mentioned or any real evidence of the supposed game that will come out either.

slaro
01-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I will go to the Selexys tomorow, the Dutch store, and search for the book, actualy not tomorow because on sunday the stores here are closed, but on monday.

ellumin0us
04-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
"Ubisoft couple of months ago official...

Dutch people is very worse English writing!

No jk but it's true the Dutch are terrible at speaking and writing in English. I should know, I'm half a Dutchman.

It's also true that an online book retailer in the Netherlands has a book called Assassin's Creed: Holy Land upcoming. I wonder what the book is gonna be about, I haven't played the first Assassin's Creed so I hope they wrote a story afterwards about Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad (pronounce this!http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif).

tjbyrum1
04-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Is it possible that we're going back during the time of Altair and play as one of his followers. Unless it's gonna follow the story of desmond and we play as Altair's son. But most likely this will be a game only in the past, hopefully not a strategy game.

You're very misinformed.

No, we will not go back to the time of Altair and we will not play as one of his followers.

It will continue the story of Desmond.

The game will be like every other AC game, one part set in 2012, the other in the past.

I assume by 'strategy' that you mean Real-Time Strategy. If so, no.

I know these because the title can tell you point blank what to expect.

Every AC game has either a number or a word/phrase. A number (I, II, III) means a new Assassin and/or possibly a new setting. A word or phrase (Brotherhood) means that the game is a continuation of an Assassin character who has already been used.

Therefore, AC III will have a NEW ASSASSIN maybe in a new setting. Altair's son could be a new Assassin yes, but I just find this HIGHLY unlikely. In fact, I doubt this new Assassin will be Italian or 'Arabian' (isn't Altair Arabian?).

So the game's main past Assassin will not be Ezio or Altair.

Abeonis
04-03-2011, 02:05 PM
This "Assassin's Creed: Holy Land" will be a novella of Lost Legacy, nothing more.

PirateRob
04-03-2011, 05:09 PM
There's two titles releasing around the same date this year holy land. And the secret crusade both listed under Oliver bowden, whilst its possible that he has written two more great assassin's creed novels (fan of his first two renaissance and brotherhood) it is also possible that its just one book with two placeholder titles so as to not give anything away, much like devs will register quite a few domain names for their next release http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DavisP92
04-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it possible that we're going back during the time of Altair and play as one of his followers. Unless it's gonna follow the story of desmond and we play as Altair's son. But most likely this will be a game only in the past, hopefully not a strategy game.

You're very misinformed.

No, we will not go back to the time of Altair and we will not play as one of his followers.

It will continue the story of Desmond.

The game will be like every other AC game, one part set in 2012, the other in the past.

I assume by 'strategy' that you mean Real-Time Strategy. If so, no.

I know these because the title can tell you point blank what to expect.

Every AC game has either a number or a word/phrase. A number (I, II, III) means a new Assassin and/or possibly a new setting. A word or phrase (Brotherhood) means that the game is a continuation of an Assassin character who has already been used.

Therefore, AC III will have a NEW ASSASSIN maybe in a new setting. Altair's son could be a new Assassin yes, but I just find this HIGHLY unlikely. In fact, I doubt this new Assassin will be Italian or 'Arabian' (isn't Altair Arabian?).

So the game's main past Assassin will not be Ezio or Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay look, first i'm not misinformed. seeing how ur using it in the present tense, and the message was in December. This topic was made b4 it was really stated what AC: holy land was. SO NOT MISINFORMED http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

And Massive, which made MMO strategy games teamed up with Ubisoft to work on AC. so it still is possible that the next AC game could be a strategy game. I HOPE NOT THO :P.

Seeing how ur just saying something that I've known about AC games since, what b4 brotherhood that numbered games for AC means new Assassin and new era. And first of all NO brotherhood does not mean it will star Ezio, it means its about a brotherhood. They could have used a completely different character but they didn't cuz they had a lot to do with Ezio. And they already made Roma for AC2 but they didn't put it in so they put in for Brotherhood.

yes it is highly unlikely for the assassin to be altiar's son, well until desmond's story is done and they do spin offs. and i also doubt now, since it is not decmember and now april that AC will stay away from making the main character Arab or Italian. And actually the Hassassins were more persian. but they did have some relations with Syria. So it is possible for altiar to be arabian but more likely persian or current day Iranian.

As you can see i am, from what i am writing VERY IMFORMED about AC. And possibly more then you. :P (cuz of the fact i have done more then enough research on AC and actually Hassassins.)

And to everyone that is still writing on this topic, the information you are reading is obviously outdated since it was posted 5 months ago.

tjbyrum1
04-03-2011, 05:47 PM
My apologies. I didn't know this was old, saw it was posted in recently and posted in it myself.

I thought you was asking if AC III was in the Holy Land. I didn't know of any novella or whatever.

DavisP92
04-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
My apologies. I didn't know this was old, saw it was posted in recently and posted in it myself.

I thought you was asking if AC III was in the Holy Land. I didn't know of any novella or whatever.

no worries friend, whatever game it is; AC3 or another AC: blah blah. we're gonna know about it in May

SteelCity999
04-04-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm wondering if Lost Legacy has been renamed and is going to be released across all 3 platforms. I mean think about how Ubi is operating and the amount of time it takes them to do things. The already have all of the Holy Land cities created and could just tweak them some so they don't look exactly the same as AC1. They could probbably add another city or two and still beat a fall deadline. They would already have the story fleshed out from the Lost Legacy development.

The reason I say this is that I have not seen much info on Lost Legacy for awhile and you would think they would have had it ready for the 3DS launch because that would be a title to showcase the 3D. Waiting and releasing titles for all 3 platforms they can make all 3 platforms 3D compatible. Just a thought...

SteelCity999
04-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Funny thing...on amazon's website they have a generic date of June 23 but now it is listed as "Notify you when this is available" which means there is no release date yet. But the more interesting thing is they changed the title to read Holy Land (Assassins Creed 3).

http://www.amazon.com/Assassin...id=1302562732&sr=8-2 (http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Holy-Land/dp/0241951720/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1302562732&sr=8-2)

UrDeviant1
04-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Its going to be set on the moon.

ellumin0us
04-12-2011, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
Its going to be set on the moon.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

crash3
04-12-2011, 12:56 PM
i think it would be cool to revisit the holy land i loved seeing proper templar knights/fighting them-it was great seeing famous buildings in jerusalem like the dome of the rock and the sepulchre-

maybe ubisoft will release a re-vamped version of AC1 with a tweaked storyline to make it varied not repetitive also improved graphics/gameplay-i would definitely but a new and improved version of AC1 it was one of the best games i had played before i noticed all its flaws

DavisP92
04-12-2011, 06:01 PM
well the AC series probably wont end with AC3. If they don't milk, or stop making the game better. If so, then we should play as Altair's son sometime, so then we should start in the holy land and then move to Asia.

crash3
04-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
hah ignored post... if they do the holy land game then it may not be about desmond, but with or without desmond it is highly likely that it will have a character creation system. If they downgrade the graphics of the game and make it a stragety game then i know for a fact i will not buy it. and a lot of ppl i kno won't either. We all want AC3 asap, but at the same time its probably better if they take their time with it and have another year... and it looks like that AC3 will be in France, but i would like to see a co-op story in the game that allows the gamers to go to egypt, creating their own assassin; with a special skill (archery, poisen, bombs, ect.) with upgrades on stealth, fighting, enemy AI, customization, and more.

i like that idea, co-op sounds so much better than the multiplayer in ACB anyway by the time wwe get to AC3 the templar operatives are probably fully trained and ready to go out hunting the assassins

so AC3 has singleplayer in France and Co-op in Egypt lets say. How about in AC4 we have Russian Revolution singleplayer and ancient rome oir ancient greece co-op? that way we can explore as many different countries/cities as possible-i would love to play as all the ancestors shown in the sanctuary at monterrigioni villa

i also agree that the series SHOULD NOT END after just three games, even if we go past the actual year 2012 i still want the series to continue

SteelCity999
04-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Here is an updated cover pic of the book....makes you wonder if it is AC1 just renamed or something totally new.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ...38811&pf_rd_i=507846 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0441020992/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0RRA5K83JSJNV1CY3DA0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846)

TwentyGlyphs
04-26-2011, 08:58 PM
It's also been renamed Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade. The cover of the novel says "the untold story of Alta´r" and also that it's an original novel based on the games. Looks like it's just a new novel telling a new story about Alta´r that's probably not going to be canon.

RzaRecta357
04-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Weren't the last two books canon though? Like I know when I read the AC2 book he wrote (His first book?) It talked about him sending his families bodies off on boat and burning them.

BOOM, they added it to ACB.

I didn't read the ACB book yet but im sure it'll be the same with just little added details so it's still canon feeling.

So, based on that...if he HASN'T written a book about AC1 yet, then I think he's obviously just writing that. Almost super obvious.

No?