PDA

View Full Version : OT: Book recommendation: Fighter Combat - Tactics and Maneuvering by Robert L. Shaw

WildeSau
12-15-2004, 08:35 AM
I have ordered and received the book "Fighter Combat - Tactics and Maneuvering" by Robert L. Shaw. It's an interesting and very informative read for everyone who is interested in air combat tactics and maneuvers. It's a book of about 420 pages with many graphics illustrating different types of maneuvers and combat situations. It covers tactics used by WWI pilots to tactics used by modern pilots including how to deal the radar systems, etc.

Beside these information, you get many first hand accounts of different real combat pilots from WWI to the Vietnam war.

A really good read for anyone who wants to become a better pilot - either in the real air or in the simulated one.

For the ones who are interested, here the ISBN number: 0-87021-059-9. Published by the Naval Institut Press.

Good reading. Michael the WildeSau

WildeSau
12-15-2004, 08:35 AM
I have ordered and received the book "Fighter Combat - Tactics and Maneuvering" by Robert L. Shaw. It's an interesting and very informative read for everyone who is interested in air combat tactics and maneuvers. It's a book of about 420 pages with many graphics illustrating different types of maneuvers and combat situations. It covers tactics used by WWI pilots to tactics used by modern pilots including how to deal the radar systems, etc.

Beside these information, you get many first hand accounts of different real combat pilots from WWI to the Vietnam war.

A really good read for anyone who wants to become a better pilot - either in the real air or in the simulated one.

For the ones who are interested, here the ISBN number: 0-87021-059-9. Published by the Naval Institut Press.

Good reading. Michael the WildeSau

WildeSau
12-15-2004, 12:24 PM
just wondering if anyone else got this book and what he/she thinks about it.

Billy_BigBoy
12-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I own this book, it's worth every penny!
I've read it cover to cover and enjoyed it every single minute!
It's a must read!

At this moment I'm reading Check six, a vitual pilot's guide. This book fills the gap between the real thing and the virtual flying and it's fun.

WildeSau
12-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Billy_BigBoy, have you some more information on the book check six? ISBN number and name of author, etc.

Is interesing me.

Thanks.

WildeSau

Peter_Fitzwell
12-15-2004, 05:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WildeSau:

Good reading. Michael the WildeSau <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He signed my copy at an AirWarrior convention way back in the day when he helped with the AirWarrior flight sim. It is a great book.

FatBoyHK
12-15-2004, 11:19 PM
this topic is NOT OT, this book is a must-have for everyone who love air combat games

Billy_BigBoy
12-16-2004, 04:35 AM
WildeSau, your requested data:

Title: Check Six, A virtual pilot's guide
Author: J. Steve Thompson
Publisher: Authorhouse
ISBN: 1418451932