PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Recruits in Revelations

Jexx21
07-09-2011, 09:11 PM
I remember reading that they'll have 15 levels now, and that we'll be able to customize them. I'm wondering if we'll get some recruits that are part of the story and are actual characters that we get to talk to. I think Ubisoft missed out on a cool idea when they didn't include Francesco Vecellio as an actual recruit in the game that we would of gotten to converse with.

So I hope that in Revelations that they will have more of a voice. Maybe there could be a feature where you can talk to recruits in the same way you would talk to Lucy, Shaun, and Rebecca outside the Animus in the previous game.

Also, even though it's off topic, I would love to be able to find random things that would trigger Ezio to say something. Like when Desomnd said "Wattsa matta you Altiar" or when he took a bite of a burger in Brotherhood. Even more things like when you went in a Lair of Romulus in Brotherhood in the Vaticano District and a poor man saw him.

flyingeaglemile
07-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Yes I hope the recruits are more "personal" this time around too. In brotherhood I wanted one to come to Ezio for advice like maybe he felt guilty for killing people and Ezio would have to explain why they did what they did.

Stowdace
07-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Assassin Dens will be the new Borgia Towers. As Ezio builds notoriety, a Den would eventually be put to danger. At that point you may choose whether to save it yourself, let it be taken, or let your recruits take care of it. Of course, depending on their levels, they may die if their success rate isn't high enough. As they get higher in level they may also request aid in completing a mission. This is a chance to explore the area outside the city.

So yes, it seems recruits are going to play a larger role.

Jexx21
07-09-2011, 10:57 PM
That isn't really the main point of the topic, but I didn't know that they would request your help in certain missions. That's cool.

I knew about the Assassin Dens thing though. Though I thought they were originally Templar-Controlled?

But no, I'm looking for more interaction between Ezio (or the current Assassin your playing as) and his recruits or the environment. Like giving the Recruits a personality, allowing you to talk to them. Maybe even have some separate Characters that are one of your Assassin Recruits but you can't send them on missions or request them to back you up because they're a key character. Like Francesco Vecellio who never appeared in Brotherhood but was Ezio's apprentice. Hell, Ezio got Leonardo to make Francesco a feature for the hidden blade that would shoot crossbow bolts because he wasn't ready for a hidden gun. I mean, he was a key person in Ezio's life as an Assassin recruit, but there was no mention of him in Brotherhood.

SleezeRocker
07-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:
Yes I hope the recruits are more "personal" this time around too. In brotherhood I wanted one to come to Ezio for advice like maybe he felt guilty for killing people and Ezio would have to explain why they did what they did.

I would (have) love to see interactions like that! I think that be pretty cool like

Assassin new guy/woman- "Meastro, may I have a word?

Ezio-"Of course you may!?"

Recruit "All the lives I've taken...somehow I feel great that I rid an evil from this place...but also I feel...sorry for them, the guards I 've killed..they wereo nly oding what they were told. Im sure the only real reason why they work for *Insert Head Honcho Templar name here) is because...maybe they too were opressed like the rest of us? I wish to know if it's just for me to feel this way?"

Ezio- "*Insert badass life lesson,lecture, recital of the Assassisn's Creed, and then cue in epic music that makes the player feel enlightened and just feel so badass playing the game*...and that is why we do what we do. Safety and Peace Amici, Insieme!"

Player- *Feels pumped like hell after hearing Ezio's Speech*

LOL

CRUDFACE
07-10-2011, 12:18 AM
I just hope this time, the assassins can be used better for story missions. Like in the Rome story trailer, you see assassins and other times, you see Ezio standing, looking out at the sun while his recruits are behind him. then you figure out that the assassins the first go around were really just remodeled thieves used for the vid. And the second thing never happened. I just want them to have a stronger presence.

Like, if you took them out, the game wouldn't work right. Not when I take them out and then go, "why does the story not change?" Oh, and near the end when all of them were standing in front of him in rows, all of them are bots and like level 1 assassins...none of them were the masters I made.

Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:

I would (have) love to see interactions like that! I think that be pretty cool like

Recruit "All the lives I've taken...somehow I feel great that I rid an evil from this place...but also I feel...sorry for them, the guards I 've killed..they wereo nly oding what they were told. Im sure the only real reason why they work for *Insert Head Honcho Templar name here) is because...maybe they too were opressed like the rest of us? I wish to know if it's just for me to feel this way?"

Ezio- "*Insert badass life lesson,lecture, recital of the Assassisn's Creed, and then cue in epic music that makes the player feel enlightened and just feel so badass playing the game*...and that is why we do what we do. Safety and Peace Amici, Insieme!"

LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif And then he'll do that, lol. This sounded just like the game to me.

Jexx21
07-10-2011, 02:08 AM
To be honest, in the second game I'm like "Wait.. why am I killing these guards? They never did anything to Ezio? I wonder if Ezio feels guilty about killing these guards. They're just following orders right? hmm..."

masterfenix2009
07-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:

LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE> That would be great, but I hope it would be optional. Like you going up to them in the hideout, and then they tell you their problems.

JJTHoukes
07-10-2011, 02:34 AM
I don't remember which character in Assassin's Creed said it, but in either AC2 or AC:B, one character mentioned something among the lines of:
"These guards blindly follow orders, they're already dead."

I think that's why Ezio believes he's doing the right thing, and not feeling guilty.

Crouching.Tiger
07-10-2011, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by assassino151:
That would be great, but I hope it would be optional. Like you going up to them in the hideout, and then they tell you their problems.

Part-time Psychotherapist's Creed?

shobhit7777777
07-10-2011, 05:13 AM
To be honest, in the second game I'm like "Wait.. why am I killing these guards? They never did anything to Ezio? I wonder if Ezio feels guilty about killing these guards. They're just following orders right? hmm..."

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

So did I!

The only game where I routinely massacred guards was in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood....I justified it by thinking ..well, I am leading an isurgency, a revolution, I need to create an atmosphere of terror for the Borgia's and their underlings...that no one is safe...create a state of constant conflict, make a public sight of killing a group of guards as a warning to the Borgias and a sign of hope to the citizens....too bad You couldn't decapitate horses http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif....maybe infiltrate the castello and make Rodrigo an 'offer he couldn't refuse'

JJTHoukes
07-10-2011, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by shobhit7777777:
too bad You couldn't decapitate horses http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif....maybe infiltrate the castello and make Rodrigo an 'offer he couldn't refuse'

Sorry for the off-topic, but this part of the movie is largely misunderstood. Or maybe not so much understood, but.. bastardized.
The reason the message with the horse head worked so good, is because the head the horse belonged to was the movie producer. It was his beloved, price-winning racehorse or something.

Putting a random severed horse head in somebody's bed surely would scare them, but the message won't come across so much.

I realize you just made a joke in your post, I'm just ranting a little bit.
______

I justified killing the guards in three ways:

First:
There were the red guards in AC2, they worked directly for Rodrigo Borgia. They were hired to kill/capture Ezio and any other assassins. The way I see it, they were templars.

Second:
The guards that didn't work (directly) for the Borgia were indeed just doing their job. But they were doing so without reason. They tried to kill a suspect without knowing if he's guilty. They served the death punishment for any crime. This makes killing them, in Ezio's perspective, Self-Defence.
(Ofcourse, he doesn't have to kill them. That's all the player's choice.)

Third:
The guards can be compared to soldiers.
Soldiers kill other soldiers.
They know the risks and accepted them when signing up for the job. They know that they can get hurt, or killed.
Yet, they choose to chase a heavily armed man, "in the name of Justice" or because they're paid to kill him (Borgia Guards).
Any man smarter then an ordinary rock will know that approaching a man armed to the teeth, and attacking him, can result in getting hurt or worse.

albertwesker22
07-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

I feel the same way. I silenced every gaurd in my path in AC 2. Then after, I thought "WoW, I've probably left a path of broken families in my quest to avenge mine"

So by Brotherhood, I tried to silently knock out as many gaurds as I could. For some reason though,I had no problem killing the crossbowmen and riflemen.

Inorganic9_2
07-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:

This would actually be epic. It would also bring back the whole "moral dilemma" faced in the original game, perhaps even humanising guards/templars again.

dchil279
07-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
I just hope this time, the assassins can be used better for story missions. Like in the Rome story trailer, you see assassins and other times, you see Ezio standing, looking out at the sun while his recruits are behind him. then you figure out that the assassins the first go around were really just remodeled thieves used for the vid. And the second thing never happened. I just want them to have a stronger presence.

Like, if you took them out, the game wouldn't work right. Not when I take them out and then go, "why does the story not change?" Oh, and near the end when all of them were standing in front of him in rows, all of them are bots and like level 1 assassins...none of them were the masters I made.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:

LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif And then he'll do that, lol. This sounded just like the game to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same but I would add in something like this:

Recruit: Sorry to bother you, Mentor, but [insert question here]

Ezio: Do not be sorry, brother. It is good to seek knowledge and to question. [Insert answer]

I would love that since that's what the Assassins are all about, wanting the people to see the truth, but not forcing on them (Hermeticists).

SleezeRocker
07-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Yeah I forgot to mention to talk iwth recruits as Optional. For me I always love a good narrative so I would always chooset o talk (unless I played the game million times probalby wouldn't unless I liked a certain chat)

I hink this may be late for ACR (unless maybe there is 1-2 in it already that we MAY find out?) but...egh perhaps we hsould ask this "question" to the Grandmasters and obain "answers" hahaha XD lol

shobhit7777777
07-10-2011, 01:45 PM
In AC2 I tried to keep a really low profile and only engaged the rooftop fellows

In ACB, well, I adopted a 'Machiavellian' attitude http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (see what i did thar) and waged a massive Guerrila campaign http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif....I would kill ANY guard If I could get away with it (i.e. No raise in Notoriety) I'd specifically use the Brotherhood for this...the war or Rome spills to the street. Watching all 6 of my Master Assassins engaging a small army was awesome!

The message: "Borgia, your reign of tyranny is at an end, no mercy"

I imagined the city guards scared ****less as their brethren were being slaughtered daily by hooded assassins http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CRUDFACE
07-10-2011, 03:28 PM
In AC2 I tried to keep a really low profile and only engaged the rooftop fellows

In ACB, well, I adopted a 'Machiavellian' attitude http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (see what i did thar) and waged a massive Guerrila campaign http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif....I would kill ANY guard If I could get away with it (i.e. No raise in Notoriety) I'd specifically use the Brotherhood for this...the war or Rome spills to the street. Watching all 6 of my Master Assassins engaging a small army was awesome!

The message: "Borgia, your reign of tyranny is at an end, no mercy"

I imagined the city guards scared ****less as their brethren were being slaughtered daily by hooded assassins http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif OMFG! Dude, remember when Bartolomeo needed you to close all the gates, but full sync required you to never get hit? Not even once? My assassins rained from the sky like freaking lightning man, god...they killed everybody!

There was like a whole army there to, perfect for killing them off with my overpowered students.

Who didn't like doing that!? So freaking awesome.

LionHeart XXII
07-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ThyMolizzo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shobhit7777777:
too bad You couldn't decapitate horses http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif....maybe infiltrate the castello and make Rodrigo an 'offer he couldn't refuse'

Sorry for the off-topic, but this part of the movie is largely misunderstood. Or maybe not so much understood, but.. bastardized.
The reason the message with the horse head worked so good, is because the head the horse belonged to was the movie producer. It was his beloved, price-winning racehorse or something.

Putting a random severed horse head in somebody's bed surely would scare them, but the message won't come across so much.

I realize you just made a joke in your post, I'm just ranting a little bit.
______

I justified killing the guards in three ways:

First:
There were the red guards in AC2, they worked directly for Rodrigo Borgia. They were hired to kill/capture Ezio and any other assassins. The way I see it, they were templars.

Second:
The guards that didn't work (directly) for the Borgia were indeed just doing their job. But they were doing so without reason. They tried to kill a suspect without knowing if he's guilty. They served the death punishment for any crime. This makes killing them, in Ezio's perspective, Self-Defence.
(Ofcourse, he doesn't have to kill them. That's all the player's choice.)

Third:
The guards can be compared to soldiers.
Soldiers kill other soldiers.
They know the risks and accepted them when signing up for the job. They know that they can get hurt, or killed.
Yet, they choose to chase a heavily armed man, "in the name of Justice" or because they're paid to kill him (Borgia Guards).
Any man smarter then an ordinary rock will know that approaching a man armed to the teeth, and attacking him, can result in getting hurt or worse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

see, what i do, is i try my best to use my fist. But if they land a hit with a sword, or try to shoot me with a bow, then i would pull out my blade...

roostersrule2
07-10-2011, 05:37 PM
it would be coll if in one mission its like ezio vs heaps of guards and he kills a couple then is getting smashed like in the trailer except all the recruits come out of no whwere to save him

Jexx21
07-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
it would be coll if in one mission its like ezio vs heaps of guards and he kills a couple then is getting smashed like in the trailer except all the recruits come out of no whwere to save him
what

albertwesker22
07-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
what </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he wants a mission, where Ezio is outnumbered by his enemies, is nearly overwhelmed and then his assassin recruits come to back him up.

Jexx21
07-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
what </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he wants a mission, where Ezio is outnumbered by his enemies, is nearly overwhelmed and then his assassin recruits come to back him up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok..

isn't that what happens in brotherhood when you use all your Assassin Signals one after another?

shobhit7777777
07-10-2011, 10:12 PM
@t260z

OMFG! Dude, remember when Bartolomeo needed you to close all the gates, but full sync required you to never get hit? Not even once? My assassins rained from the sky like freaking lightning man, god...they killed everybody!

There was like a whole army there to, perfect for killing them off with my overpowered students.

Right on bro! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Recently played ACB again, and was on the same mission...as I was running towards the 2nd last gate the soldiers formed a defensive line infront of me (the stand with their swords raised to cut me off) their were 4 of them....while sprinting I called for my recruits
and I see them come riding up from BEHIND the gate and assassinate the fools.....
I sprint pass the falling bodies of the soldiers as one Assassin fights my pursuers and the other bows down his head in salutation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
All of this while clothed in my Ebony robes.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Assassin recruits are frickin awesome....but I want to use them for following people...and picking pocets...maybe more deep squad comands

LightRey
07-11-2011, 06:43 AM
@t260z
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">OMFG! Dude, remember when Bartolomeo needed you to close all the gates, but full sync required you to never get hit? Not even once? My assassins rained from the sky like freaking lightning man, god...they killed everybody!

Right on bro! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Recently played ACB again, and was on the same mission...as I was running towards the 2nd last gate the soldiers formed a defensive line infront of me (the stand with their swords raised to cut me off) their were 4 of them....while sprinting I called for my recruits
and I see them come riding up from BEHIND the gate and assassinate the fools.....
I sprint pass the falling bodies of the soldiers as one Assassin fights my pursuers and the other bows down his head in salutation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
All of this while clothed in my Ebony robes.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Assassin recruits are frickin awesome....but I want to use them for following people...and picking pocets...maybe more deep squad comands </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well in Brotherhood you can use thieves for picking pockets. I would enjoy squad commands though.

shobhit7777777
07-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Well in Brotherhood you can use thieves for picking pockets. I would enjoy squad commands though.
true
But using the brotherhood would be so much easier.
Squad commands would be awesome...maybe allow for some cool assassination tactics....lure the guards away with 2, send the other two to silence the sentries....and put the remaining two on guard to prevent re-enforcements as you kill the target http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif