PDA

View Full Version : Will Altair have 'Ezio's' killstreaks?

HiddenBlade593
11-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Question is pretty much in the title, I used the search function but couldn't find a post about it!

Will Altiar have a kill streak option availble? I know the answer seems pretty obvious that he would but I'd like some confirmation if at all possible!

<span class="ev_code_RED">H-B</span>

Moultonborough
11-02-2011, 02:19 PM
I haven't heard anything about it. It's possible though. I think it depends on how many times we will be fighting enough people at once for it to be useful.

HiddenBlade593
11-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking, there does seem to be quite a bit of combat though.

[Possible spoiler?] <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Like at the seige of Masyaf when Al Mualim is in the fortress, look like you could have a big fight with all of the Templars trying to get it?</span> [End possible spoiler]

<span class="ev_code_RED">H-B</span>

Serrachio
11-02-2011, 03:05 PM
I hope not.

Altair was around AC2 Ezio's age at that time, and Ezio hadn't been able to perform them at that age, so I don't see why Altair should be able to either.

Maybe when he gets a little older and more combat experienced, he could link one takedown to the next, but not for the first memory in my view.

tjbyrum1
11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't think Kill Streaks was a skill that either one learned, just a piece of gameplay that Ubi added to make the game seem cooler and make the combat more fluid (cause there was a lot of complaining because the games had 'slow combat' or something like that.

So I think he will have them.

It's just like the Double Hidden Blades, Poison, Smoke Bombs, Hookblade, etc. They didn't add those because they wanted Ezio to seem better than Altair, they added them to enhance the gameplay.

Sarari
11-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Altair had years of experience since he was a very young. He'd probably learn moves earlier than when Ezio did.

Also, guys, you must realize that in order to do a killing streak, you must be able to know how to break down your enemies' defence. In fact, you were able to do that in AC1 with a special move. The only difference is moving onto another person right after killing the other.

So a killing streak was never a taught skill. It depended on the person's ability to move quick and fast enough to the next person. He will most likely have it, but I'm not entirely sure. Let's just hope he does http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Azugo
11-02-2011, 07:19 PM
I thought I could remember everyone complaining about the combat system in Brotherhood... Now everyone wants it back -- and for Altair aswell?

Obviously it's coming back for Ezio, which I don't mind, but they could just make the guards/whoever you're fighting be more aggressive.

... Like how it was in AC1.

Either way I don't really mind (I prefer to avoid combat all-together), but still. I'm just pointing out the hipocrisy.

Sarari
11-02-2011, 07:23 PM
I to liked the combat for AC1 a lot more. But since there's no going back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif why not give Altair the kill streak as well. They shouldn't make Ezio look like the superior, when clearly they are both neck to neck when it comes to almost everything.

And yes, it wouldn't kill Ubisoft to make the guards more aggressive. That's something the guards need back.

Jexx21
11-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Altair had years of experience since he was a very young. He'd probably learn moves earlier than when Ezio did.

Altair started training around 12 or 13 years old. Ezio started when he was 17.

4-5 year difference.. it's not that huge honestly.

Not to mention they probably started basic physical training and learning to free-run at the same age. And Ezio got in small fights with the Pazzi quite frequently I believe.

Sarari
11-02-2011, 07:29 PM
One can learn so much in just a couple of months. Though he wasn't able to do it physically, he knew exactly how he should do it. Once you've gained the strength, you'll be able to do so. 4-5 years is a lot of time especially if you train everyday.

Jexx21
11-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Still, I'm fairly sure they were pretty equal at the age of 25.

Sarari
11-02-2011, 07:49 PM
I know, I was talking about around 17-19 years old.

phoenix-force411
11-03-2011, 08:09 PM
I like AC1's combat system better. It called for strategy! You really needed to know your situations to not get gang raped! And standing around waiting to counter is such a bore! C'mon put some action into it!

Sarari
11-03-2011, 08:24 PM
I know a lot of people like Jexx, Animuses, etc. would disagree with you and say that fighting in AC1 was really easy. It may have been, but it still required some more focus than Brotherhood and possibly Revelations, even if it's just a tiny bit of focus.

I also thought the combat in AC1 was great except when they took to long to attack. If they just went faster than it would have been fine. One thing I hate about ACB's combat is when you're countering someone or doing a combo on some guard, another guard decides to grab or hit you in the middle of killing a guard lol. I hate that so much.

Animuses
11-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by joshuathao64:
I like AC1's combat system better. It called for strategy! You really needed to know your situations to not get gang raped! And standing around waiting to counter is such a bore! C'mon put some action into it!
It doesn't require much strategy. It only requires timing and noticing when a guard is paying attention or not.

Sarari
11-04-2011, 05:56 AM
It doesn't require much strategy. It only requires timing and noticing when a guard is paying attention or not.
Exactly, that's what makes it more difficult than ACB. Now, since I say more difficult, I don't a lot more difficult, just that it requires a little more of your attention as you said.

I think a lot of people can relate to what I'm about to say, but you can fight combat in Brotherhood with your eyes closed (exaggerating obviously) :P

LightRey
11-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joshuathao64:
It doesn't require much strategy. It only requires timing and noticing when a guard is paying attention or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Indeed.

Jexx21
11-04-2011, 06:08 AM
I find the combat in ACB to be more fluid and enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong, I still have fun mowing down guards in AC1, but it's much more fluid and passes by quicker in ACB.

Also, I recently found myself drawing guards to a certain spot in AC1 and I'm like. 'I should plant a bomb here.'

But Altair didn't have bombs D:

iN3krO
11-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
I don't think Kill Streaks was a skill that either one learned, just a piece of gameplay that Ubi added to make the game seem cooler and make the combat more fluid (cause there was a lot of complaining because the games had 'slow combat' or something like that.

So I think he will have them.

It's just like the Double Hidden Blades, Poison, Smoke Bombs, Hookblade, etc. They didn't add those because they wanted Ezio to seem better than Altair, they added them to enhance the gameplay.

Ac1 combat was slower then Stealth if u only used counter attack, being agresive (required a bit more skill) was faster then Stealth... i wouldn't mind this combat system if to be faster then stealth you would need to be a bit skilled but this combat system doesn't relly in skill all...

Said that, if ppl complained about combat being slow why didn't they go stealth? It wouldn't be as slow as combat, that is the whole propurse of having a slow/hard combat system, make ppl want to avoid combats like in real life.