PDA

View Full Version : Still a trilogy?

ProletariatPleb
05-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Hey guys, I'm another random fan of the AC series, so far I'm loving it but I recall that I read somewhere that AC is planned to be a trilogy, so like...after AC3(which will prolly come out in 2012) there won't be any more AC?

I mean, AC is the most popular franchise of Ubisoft aside from Splinter Cell, etc...they can't just end it so soon.....besides....we all love AC, don't we...you're reading this post in the AC sub-forum so you do love the game....

SO, any idea of it's STILL supposed to be a trilogy or have the plans changed?

Btw...I find the new creative dev quite promising..like a guy who KNOWS what he wants.

P.S. - Announcement says ACR will be out in November and says for PC as well... think that's true?

freeze131
05-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Most probably. Let's face it, the only reason Revelations is being released instead of just going to the next numbered title, is to make money. If you disregard any new elements to the story following the announcement, you would think this game is kinda unnecessary to the plot.

So I think this will conclude Desmond's story but I think they'll create more games.

And for the PC release date: No. I do not think that's true; in my mind, the PC release date is March. Which is crap since I'm a PC gamer.

MrPieBSc
05-14-2011, 11:10 AM
uhh no. It probably won't conclude Desmond story. It will most likely conclude Ezios and Altairs story. As mentioned in an article they will most likely bring in a new important ancestor for Desmond for watch in Assassins Creed 3. I'd rather they finish off Ezios story and move on rather than bringing in a new assassin. Besides i don't think Ubi are just rushing a game out for money. They made good quality content. Brotherhood was great and it didn't feel rushed. There was a lot to do in that game and they improved and added new gameplay elements. So i'm more than happy for them to carry on with the same enthusiasm when they worked on AC2 and Brotherhood.

ProletariatPleb
05-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Ansib91:
uhh no. It probably won't conclude Desmond story. It will most likely conclude Ezios and Altairs story. As mentioned in an article they will most likely bring in a new important ancestor for Desmond for watch in Assassins Creed 3. I'd rather they finish off Ezios story and move on rather than bringing in a new assassin. Besides i don't think Ubi are just rushing a game out for money. They made good quality content. Brotherhood was great and it didn't feel rushed. There was a lot to do in that game and they improved and added new gameplay elements. So i'm more than happy for them to carry on with the same enthusiasm when they worked on AC2 and Brotherhood.

I hope you are right brother, lol any AC fan wouldn't want it to end so soon. History has never been this fun :P

DarthDeva
05-14-2011, 06:01 PM
They have indeed said that Revelations won't be the last. And as they UBI said in the past is that any numbered AC series will introduce a new ancestor. So AC3 will be coming in 2012 most probably with a new ancestor and a new chapter in Desmond's story. Let's watch some LinkedIn profiles to see if anyone posts AC3 on their resumes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sassinscreed
05-30-2011, 11:32 AM
there is ac 1 ac 2 brotherhood revelations but no ac 3 so it is supposed to be "trilogy"

i don't mind a lot of ac games if it doesn't become **** game released every year with no changes and becoming boring