PDA

View Full Version : Rotation of Prop - out of center?

Haigotron
04-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Im assuming the fact that the prop looks like its slightly "wobbling" - giving it a certain off center feel is due to the texture not being centered properly?

Although this is a minor detail, im curious to know if this is an FM issue also...

my reasons you ask?....im selling info to the commies in Russia...(evil beaver laughter)

VW-IceFire
04-19-2006, 05:37 PM
You mean all props in the game? Have you ever looked at a real prop? Thats the sort of visual effect that you get when you look at one...it looks like its moving back and forth. Its just one of those visual tricks but they do it in the game to make it feel real.

Graphics have VERY little if anything to do with the flight model.

Taylortony
04-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
You mean all props in the game? Have you ever looked at a real prop? Thats the sort of visual effect that you get when you look at one...it looks like its moving back and forth. Its just one of those visual tricks but they do it in the game to make it feel real.

Graphics have VERY little if anything to do with the flight model.

LOL... I sit staring at em day in day out as my work and if i saw one behaving like they do ingame I would be first out the door and making big footsteps in the opposite direction hoping the damn thing was not about to follow me

tigertalon
04-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Haigotron:
Im assuming the fact that the prop looks like its slightly "wobbling" - giving it a certain off center feel is due to the texture not being centered properly?

Although this is a minor detail, im curious to know if this is an FM issue also...

With you on this one, props should get fixed. When they rotate very fast, IRL they look stationary, but in PF they indeed wobble a bit. If such thing happened IRL whole thing would most likely bee torn from the plane!

my reasons you ask?....im selling info to the commies in Russia...(evil beaver laughter)

You mean to yanks, don't you? Because this sim comes from Russia.

Haigotron
04-20-2006, 10:11 AM
You mean to yanks, don't you? Because this sim comes from Russia.

LOL - i take it back then...

Yes, you can say i was very very historically innacurate, im actually writing from Canada....and well...the truth is...we feel alone up here...and just wanted some attention http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Oh no, I mean when you look at them head on, sometimes they look like the axis of rotation is drifting from the center, and the prop looks like its wobbling

panther3485
04-20-2006, 11:21 AM
This is a great sim, but the 'wobbling' look of the rotating props annoys me a bit. Almost as much as the exaggerated muzzle flashes.

IMHO, it detracts from realistic appearance, rather than enhancing it.

Best regards,
panther3485

ploughman
04-20-2006, 11:29 AM
The propeller hub on one of the Fw-200's engines IS off centre.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-20-2006, 11:32 AM
It's actually a caricature of the real thing. Even 60 years ago, the painted props were painted evenly enough to NOT display the illusion that we see ingame. Nonetheless, it's one of those passive things that are likely modelled to show that it's modelled.

TB