PDA

View Full Version : As suggested a reasonable discussion,what happened to beta testing ?

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-26-2010, 11:43 AM
even a few hours playing tells me yet again the beta testing was abyssmal.

i know the norm these days is to give sections to each tester,but this methods been proved flawed many times.

maybe get back to the old methods,actually give the game your going to release to a few hard core gamers and let them try and break it.

you know the type,those who will spend hours looking for the sweet wrapper in the corner of a dungeon 18 levels deep with 2000 rooms.

the collision detection [for want of a better wording] is really terrible.
the camera is a real nightmare.

the mouse acceleration speeds are just crazy.

these are just a few off the top head things that show me that the testing was done by rank amateurs,or handcuffed and ham strung testers who were TOLD what to test.

i wouldnt call these complaints,as its a work of art as games go,just observations that wriggle into my colon and make my arris itch.

Gekkibi
03-26-2010, 01:10 PM
What should I say to this thread..?
Well, "+1" of course... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I totally agree with you. There are some problems, especially in collision detection and camera movement what should be easy to detect and fix. Maybe the game testers were little bit too sloppy, or the developers were too ignorant about the reports given by game testers.