PDA

View Full Version : Dream Sequence Issue Workaround (spoilers!)

kazzoo
11-24-2009, 09:39 AM
For those having issues with the tower in the Altair Dream Sequence there is a workaround here (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/help/index.php).

For more walkthrough videos you can visit the Assassin's Creed 2 Uplay Help page (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/help)

Crash_Plague
11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
hmm, the first link doesn't seem to work.

Monkey_9
11-25-2009, 02:02 AM
No, it does not...

kazzoo
11-25-2009, 02:53 AM
Fixed it, sorry about that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

chibears71
11-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Sorry...but you didn't fix it...it still isnt helping me with not being able to get to the top of that tower????

Mcveldon
11-26-2009, 06:40 PM
i had problems with the tower then my friend did it somehow for me

matt1239
11-27-2009, 02:32 PM
you run up and hit a again this is for xbox 360 kk

nweakley
11-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Okay I had to create an account just to reply to this annoying problem. Took me forever to get it. Guessing you can get up to the first ledge with the door and the poll sticking out above it, all you have to do is get on the ledge looking at the poll, hold ( R1 ) and just press ( X ). Holding forward on the joystick apparently doesn't work. This was a ridiculous problem. Way to go Ubisoft! ... Still love your games, but come on.

Crash_Plague
11-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by nweakley:
Okay I had to create an account just to reply to this annoying problem. Took me forever to get it. Guessing you can get up to the first ledge with the door and the poll sticking out above it, all you have to do is get on the ledge looking at the poll, hold ( R1 ) and just press ( X ). Holding forward on the joystick apparently doesn't work. This was a ridiculous problem. Way to go Eidos! ... Still love your games, but come on.

Ubisoft....Ubisoft.

xD

oh lolz.

Sren001
11-28-2009, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by nweakley:
Okay I had to create an account just to reply to this annoying problem. Took me forever to get it. Guessing you can get up to the first ledge with the door and the poll sticking out above it, all you have to do is get on the ledge looking at the poll, hold ( R1 ) and just press ( X ). Holding forward on the joystick apparently doesn't work. This was a ridiculous problem. Way to go Eidos! ... Still love your games, but come on.
Eidos xD

It wasnt a ridiculous problem.
Tbh you just had to think a little.

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 02:21 PM
it was so easy, i didnt even think about it, i dun get y people are having so many problems with it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Jedted
11-29-2009, 04:12 AM
If you played AC1 then you should have no problem with this. It's the same tower that you climb in Acre during one of the assassination missions.

NoxieDC
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by An_Idea:
it was so easy, i didnt even think about it, i dun get y people are having so many problems with it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif
QFT

vladimir011
11-30-2009, 12:03 PM
vvv

jasmin-jade
12-01-2009, 05:08 PM
did i miss something...
i thought you just chase the girl to the tower goto cut scene then wake up..is there more

kingbren08
12-03-2009, 12:57 PM
i didnt know it was even supposed to be a challenge getting up there i didnt find it harder than any other building

Fenro
12-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by kingbren08:
i didnt know it was even supposed to be a challenge getting up there i didnt find it harder than any other building

Yes indeed, a small "fail" for people that found this to be a challenge...

Crash_Plague
12-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by jasmin-jade:
did i miss something...
i thought you just chase the girl to the tower goto cut scene then wake up..is there more

No we were just some of people smart enough to get it on our first try.

DJmilo5
12-07-2009, 02:08 PM
http://pfcdn.net/site/trophy_widget/psn/DJmilo5.png (http://www.playfire.com/a/widget_click/2/DJmilo5)
PS3 Trophies (http://www.playfire.com/a/create_widget)

Bonjoyle
12-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Ya know people are slamming Ubisoft about this whole Dream Sequence like it is some type of programming error. It appears that there are quite a few of us that had no problem which leads me to believe the problem lies with the operator not the creator.

When at first we don't succeed, cry like a baby and blame someone else for our shortcomings---

bigdan0189
12-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I had no such problem either. I wish i could climb buildings like Ezio, cause now i believe there is a woman at the top of every other building ready to "congratulate" me for this amazing feet.

Jack-Reacher
12-16-2009, 02:40 AM
I had no problem but i guess thats because i played Ac1. Then again i had no problem on that game either

illicitjuice
03-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Ok I am majorilly stuck at this point, I have tried everything I know. I have a 360 and have tried rt and a and cant get him no higher than the ledge with the light cannot get him on the wood piece sticking out. Any Suggestions?

KGS1485
03-10-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm stuck at the ledge as well, but does anyone know the controles for PC, so I can get any higher?

qqqaaawww002
03-14-2010, 02:40 AM
?? ?? ?????? ??? ??.??? ???????, ?????? ??????, ????? ?????? ???! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ephilbo1965
03-17-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm having the same problem with the dream world. I can make it to the balcony with the door that has the pole above it but then nothing. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm playing the PC version. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Stefflo
03-20-2010, 09:40 AM
I have the same problem. Even play on a PC. Can someone say where i should stand and how i should jump.

Please....

Stefflo
03-20-2010, 10:09 AM
I fix it. Stand on the balcony left of the door. You donīt need to stand on the ledge. Run up on the wall and then jump left when you are highest up.
Good luck...

MargueriteG
03-21-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm really ****ed I had to stop my game and create an acct just for this problem. I have tried everything to get up that f**ing tower! Hitting X doesn't help, it just makes him punch the wall. I am halfway thru the game and know how to make this guy jump and he is not jumping to that ******* pole on the tower, so I amy endlessly stuck in this dream sequence. Clicking on the "workaround" link just took me to a video of other mission, did not help at all. How do I get up this ******* tower?

MargueriteG
03-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Bonjoyle:
Ya know people are slamming Ubisoft about this whole Dream Sequence like it is some type of programming error. It appears that there are quite a few of us that had no problem which leads me to believe the problem lies with the operator not the creator.

When at first we don't succeed, cry like a baby and blame someone else for our shortcomings--- Or maybe you're a really arrogant know-it-all who just got lucky ....

Ray601949
03-26-2010, 07:21 PM
This was a tough one; I only got it from the tips on this board. Thanks, everybody.

By the way, the city of Acre looked fantastic. The dream sequence makes AC1 look just as good as AC2, but lots of reviewers were pretty negative about the first one. Those of you who've played it, do you recommend it? Is it close to as much fun as AC2? I'm asking because I see AC1 is marked down to $20 at Target.

shimpaku
03-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Ray601949:
This was a tough one; I only got it from the tips on this board. Thanks, everybody.

By the way, the city of Acre looked fantastic. The dream sequence makes AC1 look just as good as AC2, but lots of reviewers were pretty negative about the first one. Those of you who've played it, do you recommend it? Is it close to as much fun as AC2? I'm asking because I see AC1 is marked down to $20 at Target.

I also played AC2 before AC1.

I would definitely recommend doing so to gain the full experience of Assassins Creed. However, in my honest opinion, I found AC2 much better in many ways which is far too difficult to explain here. By all means, give it a go.

Riiku2
03-28-2010, 11:55 PM

AC1 suck *** in comparison with AC2, I tell you. It's boring as ****, and the main issue is that you have to run boring errands to unlock story missions, that just continue to repeat themselves again and again and again and again. Man, how did they even thought of this? Imagine if before EACH story mission in AC2 you HAD to spent 30 mins to:

- deliver mail
- beat a husband
- remove N of the wanted posters

If you think that wouldnt be an issue, then ginve AC1 a try.

mad_born_to_kil
04-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by illicitjuice:
Ok I am majorilly stuck at this point, I have tried everything I know. I have a 360 and have tried rt and a and cant get him no higher than the ledge with the light cannot get him on the wood piece sticking out. Any Suggestions?

ElitesamuraI26
05-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by kazzoo:
For those having issues with the tower in the Altair Dream Sequence there is a workaround here (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/help/index.php).

For more walkthrough videos you can visit the Assassin's Creed 2 Uplay Help page (http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/help)

Is there any hints or tip on how to get a workaround on the Dream Sequence for PC owners?

hudzac
05-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Its a bit of an annoying problem. I had to climb the railing support to the right of the tower next to the door, and then i could climb up to the next door. At the next door i had to stand at the very edge of the railing just under the pole that sticks out, and do a vertical jump (RT + A) And then it was all straightforward from there.
Nice hay hair btw ha ha

Panda-WHU
06-19-2010, 01:33 PM
What you need to do is go directly underneath where the wooden lamp hangs down. then Press R1 + X (RB + A)to jump up onto it. I had trouble with this as well!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif x

Indian0Lore
07-02-2010, 12:12 PM
This Thread is full of people who don't do the free running nearly to the extent that they should. If you are proficient with the controls of free running (r1 and x the entire time), this shouldn't take you more than a min or so to get all the way to the top.

kriss3d
08-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Doing that anoying polejump at the end of the dream sequence took forever for me.
However. Second time i played through the game it was piece of cake.
As was all the assassins tombs.

For the last pole grab just sit on the rail on either side of the pole facing the wall. Do a walljump then simply jump in the direction of the pole.

Doing wall-side jumps really made alot of things easy once you get use to use it alot. Second time i played through the game (im only almost done with the second run) its like everything comes natural to me. Finish all the tombs in first attempt.

HEADSHOTHNTA
08-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Rikku, dude, Assassin's Creed one was amazing! Just because you have to do certain things before an assassination doesn't make the game horrible. I thought the repetetiveness of AC1 was very accurate to how assassinations were back in that time. You had to gather information on the target, as much as possible, figure out where and when they will be at one time, and know your area of assassination. Those were what were needed for Altair and the other assassins to know and do before they could assassinate their target. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Zium
09-06-2010, 04:30 PM
It's a move that you haven't learned yet.
Run up the wall and press and once you're level with the beam, press the jump button(X or A) and move with the joystick in the direction of the beam.
You'll get there.

Zium
09-06-2010, 04:34 PM

Well, AC1 was very repetitive. If you think you won't like anything worse than AC2, don't play it. AC1 has worse graphics, less moves, much more unrealistic, and much simpler gameplay because Ubisoft didn't have as much money to spend on it.
I still recomment it.
Fo sho.

parkvillepony88
09-07-2010, 09:17 PM
really i dont understand how everyone is taking difficulty to this. get on the railing directly under the perch and jump you will grab the perch then pull your self up and its simple from there.

parkvillepony88
09-07-2010, 09:20 PM
the first ac was great thats why i bought the second one its not as big or as detailed but i personaly think that altiar was more bad *** trhen enzio. and i like the time peiod a little more

Splode2010
10-02-2010, 04:22 AM
Assassins Creed one wasnt necessarily a bad game. for one it is developed earlier so the graphics, gameplay, and missions werent as well defined and user friendly as AC2 or ACB will be. IMO it was a great game, the investigation missions before each assassination was alittle repetetive but it made sense, you had to know your target and the location before you make the kill.
By all means by the first one, it'll give you the personal encompassing experience, and altairs story was great in comparison to ezios even if he never opened a vault with an alien hologram. still by it, its worth it.
its gonna be worth your 20 dollars http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

and altair is way more badass than ezio, he would pwn that boy, ezio just had the advantage of being in the sequel where he had more combos :P
plus altairs costume is way more badass, less flashy, more practical, badass sht. partly why i had to get the altair skin in the second game lol

stewpot_13
10-27-2010, 04:52 AM
All of you are stupid, this is the easiest part of AC and your complaining :L

scottw35
10-29-2010, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X6G3rHI0l8
awsome new weapons on assassins creed brother cant wait till it comes out look at his new costumes too !!!

T48uu
11-06-2010, 03:59 PM
There's a reason games have tutorials at the beginning or prologue. If you guys paid attention to that in the beginning of the game there shouldn't be any problems.

Animatempli
12-03-2010, 07:16 AM
i cant find ladder in first assigment, where is it??

Animatempli
12-03-2010, 07:20 AM
i can se her but i cant find ladder any whare?? is it an expert out thre that can tell me how to find it??

KabouterPitta
12-14-2010, 11:31 AM
@above: your talking about the dream-memory of altair in ACII, right? Just follow the girl and you will come across one.

for the people stuck at that balcony; I found 2 wyas to het up to the beam:
1)climb on the balcony, right in front of the beam.(normally you should sit like you do on any ledge in this game, if you dont, jumb back off, and climb it again). Now leave the left analog stick(on ps3, I dont know how do you do it on pc, but on ps3, your choose the direction you want to walk to with this) in NEUTRAL. Just press R1+X(high profile+climb/freerun) and altair should hang on the beam
2)try to jump on the wall, when you're are the highest point of your jump, jump again towards the beam. Congratz you should now be hanging on that beam.

Hope this helps?
I never had troubles with this, but 2 of my friends did.

AcrobatEx
12-16-2010, 07:42 PM
I can't believe this is actually a thread. I don't have a problem with it as long as people stop saying stuff like "Come on Ubisoft!" or "Jeez, this game's got problems."

It's been said before, but I've just got to add my voice to it. If you're really having problems at this point in the game, then you simply lack creativity. In other words, you're slow.

But that's ok.

JUST QUIT BLAMING THE GAME!

colan33
01-03-2011, 03:34 AM
I 2 have questions about players NOT finding ways in the game.
DO you even try? Now i mean try in like REALLY try?
Becouse i didn`t have difficulties that i did NOT cope with after a little thought.
If you want to play a GAME then it HAS to be difficult. Why even play if it`s like a walk in the park?
I love when i have to make my head spin around to go forward in a game and in MY mind AC is top notch!!!
So,thx Ubisoft!
U ROCK!

BlackRose1809
02-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by jasmin-jade:
did i miss something...

nah, it's kinda hard for some people to get up the tower. I figured it out on my own trying so many times...

Moultonborough
05-21-2011, 02:00 AM
All you have to do is run up the wall than press right or left and he will grab hold of the pole. It really is quite simple.

stergios72
06-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by ephilbo1965:
I'm having the same problem with the dream world. I can make it to the balcony with the door that has the pole above it but then nothing. I've tried everything I can think of. I'm playing the PC version. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Is there a solution for PC on this problem? there is no way to climb the tower, i tryed everything!!!