PDA

View Full Version : neer p47M qustions.

fordfan25
08-26-2005, 10:47 AM
qustion #1: how much is thise fighter going to frickn own.

qustion #2: by "neer p47M performnce" could that resonably be right around that of a p-47N? im not sure how big the deff was in speed between the N & M but if i remember right it was justr about 10MPH at alt.

qustion #3: how much is thise fighter going to frickn own http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

qustion #4: i dont really have another qustion i just like to round things off in even numbers

F19_Ob
08-26-2005, 11:25 AM
It most likely wont "own" at all.
Basically it's just faster than the one we have now and with a bit improved accelleration it may keep the turn going slightly longer and escape more often.
The one we have now can hold the distance from a chasing 109 for a while. Some more speed means one slowly may be able to pull away, wich isn't bad.

still a small improvement. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

BigKahuna_GS
08-26-2005, 12:10 PM
S!

I just see the P47 becoming competetive again on Western Front servers. Hopefully it will be able to out dive and escape from 109/190 like it did in real life. If it's speed, energy bleed, dive acceleration coupled with a stable gun platform are modeled right it will be a good hit and run aircraft.

___

faustnik
08-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by 609IAP_Kahuna:
S!

I just see the P47 becoming competetive again on Western Front servers. Hopefully it will be able to out dive and escape from 109/190 like it did in real life. If it's speed, energy bleed, dive acceleration coupled with a stable gun platform are modeled right it will be a good hit and run aircraft.

___

Competitive? If modeled to "M" specs it should dominate. The only thing limiting its success will be the constant attempts by so many people online to enter turn fights with it. This would be the same crowd that has complained about the Fw190 maneuverability since day one. I'm really looking forward to the new Jug! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

JG7_Rall
08-26-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by faustnik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 609IAP_Kahuna:
S!

___

Competitive? If modeled to "M" specs it should dominate. The only thing limiting its success will be the constant attempts by so many people online to enter turn fights with it. This would be the same crowd that has complained about the Fw190 maneuverability since day one. I'm really looking forward to the new Jug! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. 9/10 jugs I see on WC have been turnfighting under 3k. Not the way to go!

Any news on the DM?

faustnik
08-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by JG7_Rall:

Any news on the DM?

No.

BigKahuna_GS
08-26-2005, 12:44 PM
S!

Faustnick--Competitive? If modeled to "M" specs it should dominate. The only thing limiting its success will be the constant attempts by so many people online to enter turn fights with it. This would be the same crowd that has complained about the Fw190 maneuverability since day one. I'm really looking forward to the new Jug!

One can only hope your right Faust ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Remember --Oleg said ALMOST P47M performance.

- "P-47D boosted for use of 150 octan (almost P-47M performance)."

I am a wait n see type of guy. While the performance jump should be considerable vs the current Jug, lets see how it performes against the late model 109/190s.

I will be very happy if it is competetive, anything more will be icing on the proverbial cake.

I am hoping for a "test flight" here soon. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

____

StellarRat
08-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by JG7_Rall:
Agreed. 9/10 jugs I see on WC have been turnfighting under 3k. Not the way to go! You're right. I try to avoid that, but the big problem I've had since the patch is 190's intercepting me at med altitude after I drop down to B and Z. Since the 190's now turn better and are faster they are nearly impossible to shake in a 47 except at high altitude. Not to mention the vastly improved guns on all German planes. More speed will definitely help the 47 get back to being a good B and Z plane.

faustnik
08-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by 609IAP_Kahuna:
While the performance jump should be considerable vs the current Jug, lets see how it performes against the late model 109/190s.

Well, I would expect some changes in some of the LW planes too, but, even if they stayed the same, the Dora would be the LW a/c that could keep up, and only at lower altitudes. I guess the Bf109K is always a threat with that climb rate. Oh, and fixing the Fw190DM/.50 bug will be a huge factor of course.

BigKahuna_GS
08-26-2005, 01:34 PM
S!

Faustnick--Oh, and fixing the Fw190DM/.50 bug will be a huge factor of course.

I havent seen Oleg address this yet. The only comment Oleg made was that a programmer forget to check the damage graphics for the 190. So you might end up with a virtual flying 190 tank again in the next patch while the P47 will still be like a flying beer can--lol.

If you see any comments from Oleg on this plz post it.

___

p1ngu666
08-26-2005, 01:39 PM
6 to 7% more power is what i worked out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ploughman
08-26-2005, 01:58 PM
How about a nice new cockpit?

Maple_Tiger
08-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Ploughman:
How about a nice new cockpit?

One could only deam of a new cockpit - or druel thinking about it. Honestly, the Jug needs a new cockpit.

Badsight.
08-26-2005, 02:48 PM
or at least working guages

what was the original moddeler thinking submitting that cockpit with those textures anyway ?

Cajun76
08-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Officially, the P-47M was only 3mph faster than the N. The M has faster accel, but it would suffer some at the higher speeds. Roll rate will fall off, as well as some elevator authority. You'll also be nearer your breakup speed and might easily get into trouble if there are no dive flaps.

The N is actually more maneuverable when it's not at max fuel, as the longer, squared (not clipped) tips give it better roll rate. Also a benefit is those larger wings and powerful engine will help mushing through a turn, again, when it's not at max fuel.

A lot of people like the M because of the speed and climb, but us Jug pilots have learned not to rely on climb, instead we keep our speed and energy, hoarding it and (hopefully) doling it out at the right times. The N would better suit me because of better manuverability and better climb than a D without max fuel. Still, the careful pilots are still going to do quite well with a Jug that's 35-45 mph faster than before. Just have to plan your manuevers a bit farther in advance. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Joilet_Xray
08-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Ford just my opinion; but the supped '47 sounds like it'll simulate the the D's which were boosted to pull 72 inches manifold....... Refer to "Thunderbolt" by Martin Caiden. (The machines were also retro fitted with the paddle prop.)

Don't think the machine will "own" anything other than some emergency power the present D's don't have.

The engine had to changed changed after the pilot ran it to full overboost..... after that flight. "IF" simmed correctly the engine should over temp pretty dang quick, and then suffer, and lose some power.

~S!

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-27-2005, 10:47 AM
P-47D
Engine: R-2800-21
Top speed: 430MPH
Horsepower: 2,300
Climbrate: 2,780 ft/min
Ceiling: 40,000ft
Range: 640miles
Ext Range: 1,250miles
Empty Wt: 10,700lbs
Loaded Wt: 13,500lbs
Max Wt: 17,500lbs
Modification: Bubble top

P-47M
Engine: R-2800-57(C)
Top Speed: 470MPH
Horsepower: 2,800
Climbrate: 3,500 ft/min
Range: 560miles
Ext Range: ?
Empty Wt: 10,432lbs
Loaded Wt: 13,275lbs
Max Wt: 15,500lbs
Modification: Sprint

P-47N
Engine: R-2800-57(C)
Top Speed: 460MPH
Horsepower: 2,800
Climbrate: 2,770 ft/min
Range: 800miles
Ext Range: 2,350miles
Empty Wt: 11,000lbs
Loaded Wt: 16,000lbs
Max Wt: 20,700lbs
Modification: Pacific Long Range

I highly doubt we see "M" numbers...but it sure would be nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif The climbrate of the M would be great. It could outclimb any of the 190s and several of the 109s.

Badsight.
08-27-2005, 02:06 PM
yeah the Emils maybe

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Badsight.:
yeah the Emils maybe
LOL...ya those. And a few of the G6 series. Definately not the 10 or K4 or F for that matter. Above 27,000 feet It should outperform in all aspects.

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Hmm. Oleg could have said close to N performance be he said M. The M is faster then the N and has a far better climbrate. So perhaps the late will fall between the M and N. Or not.

lrrp22
08-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
I highly doubt we see "M" numbers...but it sure would be nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif The climbrate of the M would be great. It could outclimb any of the 190s and several of the 109s.

HaVok,

What we shouldn't see is 470+ mph at 32,000 ft.

What we should see are speeds and climb that are very close to the M's below 25,000 ft, or so.

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by lrrp22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:

HaVok,

What we shouldn't see is 470+ mph at 32,000 ft.

What we should see are speeds and climb that are very close to the M's below 25,000 ft, or so.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Got any info on how the M performed from sealevel to 25,000ft?

Cajun76
08-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Joilet_Xray:

The engine had to changed changed after the pilot ran it to full overboost..... after that flight. "IF" simmed correctly the engine should over temp pretty dang quick, and then suffer, and lose some power.

~S!

Souces? Robert S. Johnson's "Lucky" comes to mind...

Grey_Mouser67
08-27-2005, 09:13 PM
I'd really like to see some data on this beast...AFAIK...all P-47's from D-22 onward with paddle blade prop could out climb a Fw...now that is a general statement so I'm not sure how it works out across altitudes...but the P-47D late aught to add to that.

If only Oleg would throw that darn paddle blade prop on the D-22...for some reason, he didn't model it but rather copied the D-10 FM I think.