PDA

View Full Version : help with custom music

oddlegs
03-05-2005, 12:42 PM
can anyone help me please. I'm using CDex to rip tracks from my CD's, then putting them in the music in-flight folder. according to what I've read here and elsewhere, the files need to be riff-wave headed mp3's. CDex seems to convert to this format fine - I can play the files in any media player but hear nothing during flight. Music files I've downloaded from netwings etc work fine and I can detect no difference in format/naming protocol etc between those files and the ones I make. So, what am I doing wrong? Any help greatly appreciated.

oddlegs
03-05-2005, 12:42 PM
can anyone help me please. I'm using CDex to rip tracks from my CD's, then putting them in the music in-flight folder. according to what I've read here and elsewhere, the files need to be riff-wave headed mp3's. CDex seems to convert to this format fine - I can play the files in any media player but hear nothing during flight. Music files I've downloaded from netwings etc work fine and I can detect no difference in format/naming protocol etc between those files and the ones I make. So, what am I doing wrong? Any help greatly appreciated.

VW-IceFire
03-05-2005, 12:50 PM
They also have to have a certain bitrate and frequency.

Double check your settings and the readme on the subject.

Harh
03-05-2005, 01:01 PM
Yes, they must be 44100 stereo with 160 kbps bitrate.

oddlegs
03-05-2005, 01:49 PM
That could be it. I'm ripping to 128kbps, I'll try 160. Thanks blokes

oddlegs
03-05-2005, 07:09 PM
One of the Netwings files is 'Band of Brothers' theme at 128kbps - sounds fine in FB. Tried mine at 160kbps but no go. Discovered my music clips were too long! Had to chop Beethovens 9th into bits - sorry Ludwig. Sound files now play in FB but are accompanied with squeaks and pops - unlike the 'Brothers' clip from netwings. Anyone know what was used to produce that mp3. Will try contacting the producer.