PDA

View Full Version : Stunning and Detecting your Pursuer

Halperin1
11-21-2010, 03:20 PM
I've been wondering something about stunning.

It seems to me that it is too easy to detect your pursuer and stun them. Too often I'll try to follow someone for the focus bonus, but they'll stun me. On the other hand, sometimes I'm just walking down the street and someone comes up to me who I didn't realize was my pursuer, the B button will appear, and I'll stun them. Will the stun button always appear if you're next to your pursuer? Does your pursuer have to be incognito for the button to not appear?

Squiddish
11-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Stun will appear if you have a pursuer highlighted and they're in range. However, assassinations will always have priority over stun. If you hit B and they hit X, you're going to die.
As far as I know you don't have to be incognito to stun, you don't even have to be low-profile. However, it generally only works when you're trying to stun someone who doesn't expect it (i.e.: someone trying to figure out which character is you and not a civilian).

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 06:07 PM
If your pursuer is coming close enough to be stunned and not killing you, they're doing it wrong.

You must just have good luck finding idiot hunters.

Halperin1
11-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
If your pursuer is coming close enough to be stunned and not killing you, they're doing it wrong.

You must just have good luck finding idiot hunters.

Well there's a bonus called Focus which gives you an extra 150 points if you kill your target after you have the kill button highlighted over their head for more than 3 seconds.