PDA

View Full Version : through Desmonds eyes

the_atm
10-07-2010, 05:59 PM
ok when in the animus, in both games, how does Desmond see altiar, and ezio? is it 3rd person or first person? does it "deatach" the nervus and mucsels from the brain and puts them into the animus so if desmond moves his arm up then ezio's arm goes up? how does it work i've lost sleep over this lol.

phil.llllll
10-07-2010, 06:03 PM
It's never explicitly stated but it doesn't matter as it's only a vehicle for the gameplay.
Technically though, if it's memories he's reliving, then by default they'd be through the eyes of his ancestor so first person.

LaCava1
10-08-2010, 06:19 AM
I have the AC2 Guide (never used it until I beat the game, and wanted to find where the glyphs were) and I think the guide said that in AC2, eagle vision is from "Desmond's perspective". And the EV in AC2 is third person... So I guess third person? But then it would be very hard for Desmond to learn everything... So then... I'll get back to this...

GarethNelson
10-08-2010, 06:24 AM
Is that guide canon?
It would make sense that desmond sees things first-person.

After all, we see him in the third-person when he's out of the animus and don't ask "so does he see himself in the third person?". It's a gameplay mechanic.

My personal favourite way to suspend disbelief is to say that what we see is in fact the "animus desktop" viewed by one of the other assassins.

Look around the hideout, you'll see the pause screen on one of the monitors.

BiopulsePS3
10-08-2010, 08:31 AM
like the others before me said, desmond experiences the animus through 1st person. the 3rd person which we as players experience is probably what dr vidic/lucy/shaun/rebecca see if the were following desmond through his journey. i think...

oops, sorry but GarethNelson just said what i wanted to say.

itsamea-mario
10-08-2010, 08:50 AM
well, i'm pretty sure its impossible to naturally see yourself in third person, and since desmonds is basically looking though the eyes of his ancestors, unless the're eyes follow behind them at about 2 metres away, then im sure he sees in first person.

MFMIMAM
10-08-2010, 06:21 PM
well he see's it through a screen

and from what i read on the AC1 handbook
the X,square,circle and triangle buttons are mind commands

so basically we see Desmond in a third person view and Desmond see's Altair/Ezio in a third person view

lol wouldn't we be seeing Altair/Ezio in a sixth person view(or whatever)

LaCava1
10-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by MFMIMAM:
well he see's it through a screen

and from what i read on the AC1 handbook
the X,square,circle and triangle buttons are mind commands

so basically we see Desmond in a third person view and Desmond see's Altair/Ezio in a third person view

lol wouldn't we be seeing Altair/Ezio in a sixth person view(or whatever)
Cool. If it were sixth person... Would we be watching Desmond watching them? That would really make the game difficult...

itsamea-mario
10-09-2010, 07:13 AM
do you have any memories of the back of your head, (without mirrors cameras etc.)?
no because thats impossible, so how would desmond, by viewing the memories be able to see the back of altairs or ezios head.
well he doesn't. the only reason the game is in third person is because AC wouldn't work very well in first person.

MFMIMAM
10-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
do you have any memories of the back of your head, (without mirrors cameras etc.)?
no because thats impossible, so how would desmond, by viewing the memories be able to see the back of altairs or ezios head.
well he doesn't. the only reason the game is in third person is because AC wouldn't work very well in first person.

your forgetting the fact that he is looking at this through a screen

now im not saying it is difficult to look through a screen of someone in their view(like FPS's) but im saying it is difficult to be doing stuff like countering from behind(like what Altair and Ezio do)
im am in fact sure Altair and Ezio were not able to counter from behind rather then dodging

itsamea-mario
10-09-2010, 08:12 AM
he may be looking through a screen (though i doubt it cos how would he pick anything up)
but if so, what is taking the images, was there a camera following behind ezio all the time?

dQuarters
10-09-2010, 06:00 PM
My instinct says that Desmond sees exactly what we see, due to him acknowledging hud elements and the bit with Maria from AC2 (switching perspective to her pregnant belly). BUT then when we play AS Desmond, we still see from a 3rd person POV. So that craps on that line-of-thought a bit.

itsamea-mario
10-10-2010, 02:12 AM
the point of third person and a HUD is no more than a gameplay mechanice, people see the world in first person, so desmond looks through ezios EYES in first person.