PDA

View Full Version : That's all?!

Selurian
04-16-2008, 05:20 AM
I buied Assassins Creed for PC serveral days ago.

In between two days I finished the game. That was All?!
Sorry, but I think that's far to little for the price I payed...
Some games made me play more than 2 weeks or more, but two days. I'm not a really good player, but the missions where to short, the world is not open enough. Altair for example is able to climb on houses, but not to swim? The world could have been bigger, and all the people, what are they good for...(nothing?!) It's just for the athmosphere... Why aren't all the flags good for anything in the PC version...
The Graphics are great, but the gameplay is very boring. I epected so much more from this game...
SO please, this is Ubisoft, why didn't you put more in this game...?! Was it just for the money? I feel a bit betrayed...

Maybe anyone can answer here. I know this is harsh critic, but thats how I feel about the game.

ScytheOfGrim
04-16-2008, 05:31 AM
Yeah...

I finished the game in two days too.
Boo. Hoo.

AC is relatively short story-wise, but there are a few things you can mess about with before tossing the game into the mold infested corner in your circular room.

Like... like... killing beggars.
And... and... punching crazy peoples.

... you try swimming with a sword across you waist, a khanjar, fifteen throwing knives, a hidden blade, and last week's shopping list all stuffed in one pocket. >_>

NightOrchid
04-16-2008, 06:05 AM
I dont doubt you finished it in 2 days, but Come on, you gotta be kidding me right. Theres soo much more to the Holy land, for example..

-Did you kill the 60 templars, just because you can.

-Collect ALL the flags, jump from roof to roof, beat up people, throw people into rivers and drown them, just because you can.

-Hide in haystacks then jump on guards, as they pass, mug people in a back alley away from everyones view.

-Crush store sellers by breaking there wooden stalls, then doing a stealth kill when a guard investigates.

-As you ride from city to city, help innocent people by beating the guards up.. jumping off walls and doing flying kills (yes you can do it - made easier with a 5 button mouse).

- Ive been playing the game for 3 days and im still in memory block 2, its just SOOO much fun

- the graphics are beautiful, it plays like sweet liquid on my PC. I just dont want it to end.

- Btw, if you finish the main mission before doing all the side quests, you cant do them after, because, the mission ends, but the side missions are loadsa fun and better than the main story.

-IMO, the main story is not what assassins creed is about, its about the experience of the gameplay, learning to be an assassin and enjoy the fun.

The impression I get from your post is either youve played the XBOX360/PS3 version and youve bought the PC version for the extras, which i believe is not alot added, or, your just trying to beat the game as quick as possible and then brag about it on here.

Go back, delete your profile and start again. and PLAY the game for what it is.. an experience, dont try to beat it and youll enjoy it, and try all the things ive said above or what others have said on the forum.

You can finish GTA:San Andreas in 2 days as well if you just do the story, but thats not what GTA is about is it and IMO thats not AC either.

To me, youve ruined it for yourself, because you were so desperate to finish it. Shame really.

Hope you try it again.
NightOrchid

lostassassin123
04-16-2008, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by NightOrchid:
- Ive been playing the game for 3 days and im still in memory block 2, its just SOOO much fun
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
I like AC myself, but THAT! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

moqqy
04-16-2008, 08:26 AM
I bought AC a month ago, and I'm still in Memory block 2, too.

Possesed_angel
04-16-2008, 12:04 PM
I don't think you can say that this game is bad, it's great! The only bad thing is that it can be finished in 2-3 days. But I didn't do that, I did all the side missions and collected flags. That way you enjoy in the game for a longer time.
You have to know that you should try to take the best out of a game.

I think the story is perfect and it's worth the money I spent on it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Zazadan
04-16-2008, 12:21 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Cirap
04-17-2008, 10:23 AM
I got about 10 hours of gameplay (so far) by the time I had finished the story. I will go back and look for Templars and flags soon. I did every side mission in every city on every target, so I spent about an hour on each target

btw, I played the PC version so I even had a few extra investigations to do. Climbing viewpoints and saving citizens can get a bit repetitive after you've done it 50 times, but if you spread it out and go stab beggars and sick people in between (I just hate them so much!), it doesn't really become boring.

LoboWolf
04-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by NightOrchid:
I dont doubt you finished it in 2 days, but Come on, you gotta be kidding me right. Theres soo much more to the Holy land, for example..

-Did you kill the 60 templars, just because you can.

-Collect ALL the flags, jump from roof to roof, beat up people, throw people into rivers and drown them, just because you can.

-Hide in haystacks then jump on guards, as they pass, mug people in a back alley away from everyones view.

-Crush store sellers by breaking there wooden stalls, then doing a stealth kill when a guard investigates.

-As you ride from city to city, help innocent people by beating the guards up.. jumping off walls and doing flying kills (yes you can do it - made easier with a 5 button mouse).

- the graphics are beautiful, it plays like sweet liquid on my PC. I just dont want it to end.

- Btw, if you finish the main mission before doing all the side quests, you cant do them after, because, the mission ends, but the side missions are loadsa fun and better than the main story.

-IMO, the main story is not what assassins creed is about, its about the experience of the gameplay, learning to be an assassin and enjoy the fun.

The impression I get from your post is either youve played the XBOX360/PS3 version and youve bought the PC version for the extras, which i believe is not alot added, or, your just trying to beat the game as quick as possible and then brag about it on here.

Go back, delete your profile and start again. and PLAY the game for what it is.. an experience, dont try to beat it and youll enjoy it, and try all the things ive said above or what others have said on the forum.

You can finish GTA:San Andreas in 2 days as well if you just do the story, but thats not what GTA is about is it and IMO thats not AC either.

To me, youve ruined it for yourself, because you were so desperate to finish it. Shame really.

Hope you try it again.
NightOrchid

Great post. Succint and spot on target. So many players (in any game...not just this one) just jump in and rush forward with no goal in mind but the infamous "I beat the game". Of course that is always a goal of mine as well, but I play computer games becasue I LOVE PLAYING COMPUTER GAMES. The gameplay, the feel, the graphics, the immersion, it all matters to me. I have not even purchased AC yet but will in the next week or so. I have no doubt that it will be a game I will savor like a fine wine.

Of course most PC games can be played through in 10-20 hours. Sometimes less, sometimes more, largely dependent on your style of play. But I don't play that way. I play and enjoy the game. I finished Crysis in about 20 hours or so (actually probably a bit more). But there is soooo much more you can do just because it is a fun game to play and soooo non-linear. I have gone back and tried various areas (always in Delta mode) with dozens of different techniques. There are many many fun ways to kill the NKA (and the aliens). I have played a level just to see if I could traverse from one end of the map to the next w/out being discovered. I have done it w/out firing a shot and killing only with my barehands (or the occasional chicken I "strength tossed" against a soldiers head, but I digress).

My point is this: Don't complain about a game that you are not getting "enough" out of if you don't even fully traverse/explore/examine/etc etc. There is so much more to todays PC games like Assassins Creed than just "beating the game". Even then...if you get two days of "entertainment", or 10-20 hours of the same for $50 bucks...that is a bargain in todays market. Hell...you can't get a decent baseball ticket for that. Ha...I was looking at concert tickets the other day...what a joke...$100+ bucks to see ANYONE is a rip off. Ahh...I remember seeing Alice Cooper at Tingley Coliseum in Albuquerque, NM in 1976 for $15.00. <sigh> those were the days.

Of course, this is just my opinion.