PDA

View Full Version : Things that annoyed me in The Story.

Sukramo
12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
WARNING, SPOILERS!

Revelations has a great multiplayer, and once they fix poison i will enjoy it alot for the next year.

The single player however, is lacking in many ways and i feel i need to voice my frustration.
I seriously doubt AC3 will be much better, a "one product per year" idea dosent seem to work that well.

Please dont read if you dont want spoilers.

Please have patience with any spelling misstakes i do. Lets begin:

So Desmond find himself in the Animus to continue the awesome story brotherhood ended in a plottwist.

Poof! Desmond meets subject 16, the guy who holds all the answears! He knows whats up with Eden, Eve and all that wierd stuff he talked about in his puzzle glyps! Finaly we will recive some revelations.............................

We get NOTHING! This is so damn frustrating. WHY? Atleast throw in some semi belivable explenation like "Oh, when i tried to contact you I lost all my knowledge" It would still be dumb but it could work.

Right now it looks like our hero Desmond is stupid. If that was me i would be all like "Quick, tell me everyting you know about Abstergo, the artefacts and WHAT was that thing about Eden???"

I.........am just upset about it.Think about it, the game might as well have been done without 16, because HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING!

And there was potential, oh yes. Personaly i would have liked to see him as the FINAL BOSS of Revelations, when Desmond is ready to leave, 16 fights him for control of his body.........but no.

In fact, this game fails at creating a good atmosfere with Desmond, mainly because Desmond dosent do anything either. Ezio steals the show completly, its like 90% Ezio content, 6% Desmond content and 4% Altair content.

They should have toned down Ezio and made especialy Desmond more important.

Now lets move on to Altair. Yes he got a new dumb voice, but i dont car to much about that. What i do care about is that Altair is just Ezio with another skin. He drinks medicine, counter attacks like Ezio, its so dumb. Altair should have done battle in the old way, not like Ezio.

Also, THE CRUSADER HAS A CROSSBOW???? WTF? Crossbowa were NOT invented by then and its the reason ubi cut it from AC1. But now they suddendly have them........Lazy.

Altairs sequences are to short and were all better explained in a book that you could buy MONTHS before the game lauched.........

3 major parts were left out of Altairs life:

1. Him going to Constantinopel and failing there. This would further connect Ezio and Altair and make the story better. Instead we get nothing. Lazy.

2. Him killing Genghis Khan and fining out if he had a piece of Eden or not. Everyone has heard of Genghis IRL so having a "KILL GENGHIS KHAN" on the box would probably have hyped us abit more.

3. His 20 year "mourning time" after Maria died. WTF did he do? Theres litteraly room for an entire game here, AC2 spanned 23 years. This one is just mind boggling to me.......Mourn for 20 years? RIIIIIGHT.............

I didnt like the way that Ezios and Altairs apples were not the same, its pretty much a retcon.

For this to work we need to know how the hell Rodrigo found the apple on Cyprus at the exact same time. When i played AC2 i thought: "Ok, Altair hid his apple on Cyprus, wrote about in in his codex and Rodrigo found out at that time, because the templars had the codex, makes sence"

But no. Did Altair know about this Cyprus apple? When did he find out this? He clearly didnt know in bloodlines and he had the apple by then so the apple could not have told him...................We need alot on answears for this to work.

To be fair, i was abit confused as to how it really WAS the same apple in ac2 when Altair on the last page of the codex is all "I must look into it one last time"

And i am all like "But he is Masyaf and as old he cant travel, how he get there? Was the apple moved per his instructions after?

Still, it should have been the same apple Altair, Ezio and Desmond used. They even mention it in the starting cinematic:

"So what do you three have in comon? Thats right, the apple of eden.............OH WAIT, I LIED!"

Moving on to Ezio. This guy has strangly become the real hero on AC. So this game it like his last big adventure. Will it bring closure? WRONG! Never before have I felt so disconnected with characters between games.

The way I see it, Brotherhood was the naturual continuatiion of AC2 and worked fine as a continuation.

Revelations is not. Ezio looks ALOT older even though its only been a couple of years since Brotherhood and he acts differently to.

I cant belive the AWESOME Armor of Altair is not in game, like WTF? So damned iconic..........

I didnt felt Ezios entire envolvment was pointless. The didnt gain anything at the end, just left with no decent closure. The "reward" for his part was nothing and the whole damned ending was a a rippoff of AC2s ending.

AND WHERE IS "EZIOS FAMILY"? This epic song IS Ezio. From the first time you heard it in the begining in ac2, to brotherhood, it was symbolic with Ezio. Now ITS NOT THERE! WHY? I love this freaking soundtrack and its not in game.......

So see Embers you might say, and feel better closure to Ezio story.

I have Embers, got it with my animus edition. I saw this:

1. Cheap way to lure Asians into the AC universe.

2. Spinoff in the 1500s China to appeal to the Asian market. (As shown when Ezio gave that box, it just SCREAMS, TO BE CONTINUED!)

3. A wierd man that may or may not have killed Ezio. Wht was his point? No its NOT some reflection of a youger Ezio, Ezio didnt look like that and he didnt have that personality.

Either he should hve been evidenced as THE GUY WHO KILLED EZIO! Or he should not have been there at all.........

4. STILL NO "EZIOS FAMILY"!

Doing wierd pointless tasks such as getting Sofia flowers didnt help me to get emotionaly involved.

Where is the AWESOME chase music? AC1 has the badass escape music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH1NFziHUxg

Listen to it! Yeeah!!!! It also plays when taking down bosses so its played often to.

AC2 has Venice rooftops..kind of, but its still awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...JUbM&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs2axjnJUbM&feature=related)

More of a race music really, but SWEET and plays often.

Then there is Brotherhood, the best one. The freaking brotherhood escapes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...yFwI&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBjYt_cyFwI&feature=related)

When i got to use the apple for he first time and this music started playing with dozens of borgia elites coming down on me i WAS A GOD!

Revelations left a "meh" impression in this regard and i sispect he only music I will remember in 2 years is the short badass sound that plays when a multiplayer match ends.

And finaly, The templars.

I think Revelations is their weakest portrayal yet. They are led by a fat guy who appears for 12 seconds and a wayward prience whose motivations makes no sence who appears for 20 seconds.

Oh and lets talk "Final boss" Revelations dosent really have one you see. Thats why i mentioned that subject 16 should have been the last boss.

The carriot-Parachute fight makes me rage instead of the Cesare Borgia fight who got me pumped!

Lets look at dumb stuff:

1. Fighting in the air with Ahmed, enogh said. Unbelivably stupid, did they fall off mount Everest?

2. Selim appearing JUST then and there! The concidence! Abit much? Yep, the fall of the worlds higest mountain and at he foot a price just happens to march by with his army........

Also, i was under the impression that Ahmed was planing to give up the whole Sultan thing from the begining? Because he obviously leaves Constantiopel at the end. So why didnt he stay all buddy with his brother?

And small things put me off like Ahmed "Oh Suleiman, was to be kidnapped, not killed"

But if you fail that memory, they "kidnappers" stab Suleiman repetedly........LOL!

notafanboy
12-22-2011, 02:48 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/wi6bsj.jpg

albertwesker22
12-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Well I agree that Selim just showing up at that moment was a terrible hollywood style clichť. But all in all I love ACR's storyline and have minimal complaints.

garethspencer
12-22-2011, 04:22 PM
yeah i also thought that altair, ezio and desmond were connected through the same apple.
Otherwise what was so special about Altair's apple?

I thought the whole reason Altair left it there was so that ezio would get it and pass it down until it reached desmond.

Tbh i wasn't expecting the apple to be inside the library i was thinking more on the lines of a book something similar to a bible with loads of knowledge and stuff.

rileypoole1234
12-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Sukramo:
atmosfere
Crossbowa
Constantinopel
litteraly
rippoff
carriot

You've spelt these wrong.

phoenix-force411
12-22-2011, 07:01 PM
The Keys were to give Ezio a message and to relive a key moments in his life! How he lost the order but gained it back with his wisdom! The keys were not meant for awesome things or to connect Ezio further with him.

GLHS
12-23-2011, 05:25 AM
The story of Revelations was not meant to answer everything. Then there'd be no point to making more games. We do get some answers, but here's where another one of your problems comes in: A lot of the questions that people have are about Desmond, Eden, Eve, TWCB, and all that stuff. Most of that won't be answered untill the very end. Plus you said there's like no Desmond and 90% Ezio. THAT'S THE POINT! This game was done to wrap up Ezio and Altair's stories. Desmond will have his 15 mins. of fame too. In AC3. This game was never about Desmond. Everybody knew this months before the game was released. I don't get why people whine about not getting answers when the series isn't over yet.

Altair's 20 year "mourning time" was much more than that. That WHOLE time was devote to the Apple and the Masyaf Keys. He wrote the Codex pages, created new Assassination techniques as well as new weapons and how to use them. He found the keys and imprinted them. Like seriously, what more did you want him to do?

Ezio's Apple and Altair's Apple NEVER was the same one. Altair had Apple 2 and Ezio had Apple 6. Altair kept his with him his entire life. When he went to Cypris to uncover the other Apple, it wasn't in the place he thought it was. He decided to keep his Apple there, then decided against it b/c he felt it too easy for the Templers to get ahold of it, so he kept it with him when he left. When he returned to Masyaf, he had his "Library" constructed so he could safely house the Apple. Years later, the Templar's find it and after some hand-switches, it ends up in Abstergo's hands in modern day. They destroy it in their first Satellite launch attempt. Ezio's Apple (6) was indeed in Cypris, but not where Altair thought when he went looking. The Templar's found the location of it, and Rodrigo sent his guys to recover it and bring it back to Venice. They did, and that's when Ezio stole it. He takes it, fights Rodrigo, yada yada,then opens the vault with it, and the staff. Fast forward to the end of Brotherhood: Ezio hides the Apple in the Temple, where it stays until Desmond and his crew recover it.

They even tell you in Brotherhood that Ezio will look much older the next time he returns to the Villa, which was to put the stuff on the wall for Desmond to see when he arrives. Ezio finds old papers of his dad's in 1509, talking about Masyaf and the keys, and the origin of the Brotherhood. Ezio gets curious, and sets out for answers. The game ends in 1512. There's 3 years right there. Botherhood starts right after New Year's in 1500 and goes till 1507. Ezio was 38 at the end of AC2 when he opened the vault. So that makes him like 45 by the End of Brotherhood. Plus, 2 years that we don't see him, between AC:B and AC:R. and then AC:R spans 3 years. Are you really telling me that a 45 year old man looks the same as a 53 year old man? Come on now. And he's 65 when he dies in Embers. Not to mention the hard life that he had. Of course he acts different. He's become much more in tune with himself and his abilities, hence why Eagle Vision is now Eagle Sense and why it's used differently. He's much wiser, and has seen a lot more that in his previous years.

The ending only seemed like AC2's ending cuz it had TWCB in it explaining things about Eden. That is the whole basis for this series, and it gave us answers.

Embers had nothing to do with Asians. They could've used any other Assassin they wanted to, but it fit the time period, so she was Chinese. Remember, there were Assassin's and Brotherhoods all over the world, and some of the most important of them were highlighted way back in AC2 with the statues, that not only included Chinese Assassin's, but Egyptian and other nationalities as well. And are you seriously telling me that no older man has looked at a younger man and thought "I know exactly what he's thinking. I was that way at that age too." The guy's disrespect for Florance and where he comes from is what leads old, wise Ezio to tell him Florance wasn't the problem. The dude's attitude is.

You obviously have zero interest in Sophia and Ezio's relationship, b/c the flower mission was not pointless and they wouldn't have put it in there if it was.

There doesn't need to be a boss fight fight for every end. This game was a whole lot more about the story than advancing gameplay, which they're saving.

Basically, you just b1tched about the ENTIRE game, from beginning to end, with an obviously lack of knowledge about the series as whole. Honestly, did you like ANYTHING about it? Cuz it basically sounds like you expected this to be some huge grand game, and you got disappointed only b/c you expected the wrong thing. AC:R was never about giving all the answers and furthering the story to an obscene amount. It was about wrapping up an era and covering a small amount of ground for the next installment. If you expected AC3, then of course you're gonna be let down. That's why this and AC:B are continuations not sequels.

Inorganic9_2
12-23-2011, 06:13 AM
You know the crossbow was most definitely invented by then. They had been in use in China for hundreds of years before that, and a while in Europe, too. One specific example I have is that they were used by the Normans at the Battle of Hastings.

ProdiGurl
12-23-2011, 06:18 AM
Basically, you just b1tched about the ENTIRE game, from beginning to end, with an obviously lack of knowledge about the series as whole. Honestly, did you like ANYTHING about it? Cuz it basically sounds like you expected this to be some huge grand game, and you got disappointed only b/c you expected the wrong thing. AC:R was never about giving all the answers and furthering the story to an obscene amount. It was about wrapping up an era and covering a small amount of ground for the next installment. If you expected AC3, then of course you're gonna be let down. That's why this and AC:B are continuations not sequels.

@ GLHS
Exactly and great post.
We came across this quite a bit and I believe the same - the problem was people's false expectations about Revelations.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

LightRey
12-23-2011, 06:20 AM
I think we've established that the OP didn't pay attention to the game(s) very well, nor does he seem to know history well enough to know that the crossbow is over a thousand years old.

Inorganic9_2
12-23-2011, 06:24 AM
Most of his whines are based on misguided opinions. I thought I'd correct the fact. Tbh, I only got as far as Haras and the crossbow when I decided on tl;dr

LightRey
12-23-2011, 06:25 AM
I do like what GLHS pointed out about AltaÔr being gone for 20 years. From what I had heard from the novels it had seemed that AltaÔr was acting like an old, sad recluse that had lost any sense of responsibility, but the game very much suggested that he spent the time preparing for what was to come and waiting for the right time to restore the order. Had he taken the order back when he returned from Mongolia, the order would still have been split up. Instead, thanks to Abbas showing just how crappy a leader he was during those 20 years, AltaÔr, having studied the apple and "invented" the hidden pistol, took the order back with nobody questioning his leadership (except those that broke the creed, but they all died).

Inorganic9_2
12-23-2011, 06:54 AM
People did question his leadership still, though most of them decided AltaÔr was the horse to back after he punched them in the face and took their swords off them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ProdiGurl
12-23-2011, 09:35 AM
I just figured Altair was working on making those Keys, learning stuff from the Apple & hiding the keys so noone else could get to them.
That had to take alot of work.

I didn't expect him to be lounging around in his Depends till he decided to fire Abbas.

masterfenix2009
12-23-2011, 10:07 AM
The only thing that bothered me was that Altair didn't fire Abbas when e first misused the apple.

albertwesker22
12-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by assassino151:
The only thing that bothered me was that Altair didn't fire Abbas when e first misused the apple.

If Altair shot Abass in the second sequence, the Assassins would have lost faith in him. Plus he was a friend once.

phoenix-force411
12-23-2011, 12:00 PM
You don't understand anything, so stop B*tching! Why would I want to know everything in the AC and have all of my questions answered, that's make the game pointless for later sequels! You are just one of those ragers I'd hate to reply to! You lack understanding! To enjoy AC, you need a better mental understanding! The game's not your problem, you are! GTFO!

Assassin_M
12-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by joshuathao64:
You don't understand anything, so stop B*tching! Why would I want to know everything in the AC and have all of my questions answered, that's make the game pointless for later sequels! You are just one of those ragers I'd hate to reply to! You lack understanding! To enjoy AC, you need a better mental understanding! The game's not your problem, you are! GTFO!
Calm down, others seem to be handling this alot better than you are http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

phoenix-force411
12-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joshuathao64:
Calm down, others seem to be handling this alot better than you are http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol! I wasn't even mad. I just wanted to say something. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

De Filosoof
12-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Lets look at dumb stuff:

1. Fighting in the air with Ahmed, enogh said. Unbelivably stupid, did they fall off mount Everest?

2. Selim appearing JUST then and there! The concidence! Abit much? Yep, the fall of the worlds higest mountain and at he foot a price just happens to march by with his army........

Also, i was under the impression that Ahmed was planing to give up the whole Sultan thing from the begining? Because he obviously leaves Constantiopel at the end. So why didnt he stay all buddy with his brother?

And small things put me off like Ahmed "Oh Suleiman, was to be kidnapped, not killed"

But if you fail that memory, they "kidnappers" stab Suleiman repetedly........LOL!

hahaha True...

monarcasmoreli
12-23-2011, 01:27 PM
The 16 in the game wasn't a real one he was just A program that is program to save anyone stuck in the black animus.

LordWolv
12-23-2011, 01:32 PM
The fight off the cliff.. How stupid. I mean seriously. How high was that thing!? The terminal velocity (fastest falling speed) of a human in that position is 125 mph, equivalent to 3353 metres a minute, meaning that about the minute they spent falling would calculate to the cliff having a 2 mile drop. Not only that but the time they would take to reach terminal velocity would be 23 seconds, meaning the cliff would be about 3/4 miles (estimate) if what they're saying is realistic. Mt. Everest is 5 miles high. Unbelievably unrealistic!

SolidSage
12-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah but it was pretty cool still.

masterfenix2009
12-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
The fight off the cliff.. How stupid. I mean seriously. How high was that thing!? The terminal velocity (fastest falling speed) of a human in that position is 125 mph, equivalent to 3353 metres a minute, meaning that about the minute they spent falling would calculate to the cliff having a 2 mile drop. Not only that but the time they would take to reach terminal velocity would be 23 seconds, meaning the cliff would be about 3/4 miles (estimate) if what they're saying is realistic. Mt. Everest is 5 miles high. Unbelievably unrealistic! Fun gameplay> realisim

Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:

If Altair shot Abass in the second sequence, the Assassins would have lost faith in him. Plus he was a friend once. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> No i mean like actually fire him. You know , kick him out of the order?

De Filosoof
12-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Fun gameplay> realisim

Hollywood bull**** is Totally ruining the AC feeling.

I'm still waiting for that moment when a terrorist blows stuff up and the US army has to save the day.....No....

LightRey
12-23-2011, 03:01 PM
The fight off the cliff.. How stupid. I mean seriously. How high was that thing!? The terminal velocity (fastest falling speed) of a human in that position is 125 mph, equivalent to 3353 metres a minute, meaning that about the minute they spent falling would calculate to the cliff having a 2 mile drop. Not only that but the time they would take to reach terminal velocity would be 23 seconds, meaning the cliff would be about 3/4 miles (estimate) if what they're saying is realistic. Mt. Everest is 5 miles high. Unbelievably unrealistic!
People have survived longer falls with fewer injuries.

masterfenix2009
12-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by thijs_bijlsma:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fun gameplay> realisim

I'm still waiting for that moment when a terrorist blows stuff up and the US army has to save the day.....No.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I found it fun. I didn't lose any AC feeling.

ProdiGurl
12-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thijs_bijlsma:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fun gameplay> realisim

I'm still waiting for that moment when a terrorist blows stuff up and the US army has to save the day.....No.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I found it fun. I didn't lose any AC feeling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here - I thought it was a fun change of pace from what we've been used to for the past 2-3 games.

De Filosoof
12-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thijs_bijlsma:

I'm still waiting for that moment when a terrorist blows stuff up and the US army has to save the day.....No.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I found it fun. I didn't lose any AC feeling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here - I thought it was a fun change of pace from what we've been used to for the past 2-3 games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true.Don't get me wrong i'm in love with the AC franchise and maybe that's why i'm so critical sometimes. In my opinion AC has the most potential in gaming history. I just hope they will not overdo it in AC3 and keep the nice eerie atmosphere AC has...And keep Jesper Kyd! he catches the atmosphere perfectly! Don't go to Hans Zimmer.

ProdiGurl
12-23-2011, 03:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

Same here - I thought it was a fun change of pace from what we've been used to for the past 2-3 games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. I just hope they will not overdo it in AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We all hope for that! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
It's just that I appreciate Ubi trying to switch things up for us & offer new things. I honestly think I'd get tired if every game was the same formula of sneak around and stab.

Plus, it makes each game unique and different - so they won't all blur together after awhile.

JumpInTheFire13
12-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Basically, you just b1tched about the ENTIRE game, from beginning to end, with an obviously lack of knowledge about the series as whole. Honestly, did you like ANYTHING about it? Cuz it basically sounds like you expected this to be some huge grand game, and you got disappointed only b/c you expected the wrong thing. AC:R was never about giving all the answers and furthering the story to an obscene amount. It was about wrapping up an era and covering a small amount of ground for the next installment. If you expected AC3, then of course you're gonna be let down. That's why this and AC:B are continuations not sequels.

@ GLHS
Exactly and great post.
We came across this quite a bit and I believe the same - the problem was people's false expectations about Revelations.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are we supposed to expect then? The f****** game is called REVELATIONS. And no, I wasn't expecting a huge improvement from previous games, but Revelations took a step backwards. It's the most dissapointing game of the year, especially because it had so much potential

SolidSage
12-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by JumpInTheFire13:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Basically, you just b1tched about the ENTIRE game, from beginning to end, with an obviously lack of knowledge about the series as whole. Honestly, did you like ANYTHING about it? Cuz it basically sounds like you expected this to be some huge grand game, and you got disappointed only b/c you expected the wrong thing. AC:R was never about giving all the answers and furthering the story to an obscene amount. It was about wrapping up an era and covering a small amount of ground for the next installment. If you expected AC3, then of course you're gonna be let down. That's why this and AC:B are continuations not sequels.

@ GLHS
Exactly and great post.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are we supposed to expect then? The f****** game is called REVELATIONS. And no, I wasn't expecting a huge improvement from previous games, but Revelations took a step backwards. It's the most dissapointing game of the year, especially because it had so much potential </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would have had to play every 2011 release to say that honestly. I played a good portion of the major releases, GoW, BAC and AC all lived up to their promise IMO.
The biggest dissapointment of the games I played was Uncharted 3.

Sukramo
12-23-2011, 05:34 PM
About the crossbow guys:

"?A crossbow was planned to be one of AltaÔr's weapon in early designs of Assassin's Creed, but was removed from the final game due to historical inaccuracies. The crossbow did, however, feature in the E3 trailer and the game's video introduction. "

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Crossbow

historical inaccuracies

xsatanicjokerx
12-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Stopped reading when you said the crossbow didnít exist during the crusades (http://www.infolagoon.com/sports-recreation/archery/history/crossbow.php)

LightRey
12-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
Stopped reading when you said the crossbow didnít exist during the crusades (http://www.infolagoon.com/sports-recreation/archery/history/crossbow.php)
xD
That's what I did too.

Assassin_M
12-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Sukramo:
About the crossbow guys:

"?A crossbow was planned to be one of AltaÔr's weapon in early designs of Assassin's Creed, but was removed from the final game due to historical inaccuracies. The crossbow did, however, feature in the E3 trailer and the game's video introduction. "

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Crossbow

historical inaccuracies
What ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
You still believe that the crossbow wasnt invented during altair`s time ?
LEAD ME TO YOUR HISTORY TEACHER !!

LordWolv
12-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:
People have survived longer falls with fewer injuries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just didn't like it because of the stupid hollywood effect they were going at. I don't like it. It's just the length they were there. I'd be fine if it was fall off, PUNCH, slam into the ground but seriously? They were falling for ages.

SolidSage
12-24-2011, 01:49 AM
Anyone bothered enough to time how long they were really falling?

kriegerdesgottes
12-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Also, THE CRUSADER HAS A CROSSBOW???? WTF? Crossbowa were NOT invented by then and its the reason ubi cut it from AC1. But now they suddendly have them........Lazy.

The crossbow was invented at least a thousand years before Altair's time being that crossbow bolts were found around Chin Shi Huang's tomb who died in 210 b.c.

ProdiGurl
12-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Moaning about a crossbow . . even if were true and there was no crossbow yet I can assure you it's nothing I'd be whining about.
It's a fantastic weapon - very handy for Rooftop guards.

It's not like it's a MAC10 or grenade launcher - something that's completely inconsistent w/ the time period.

The_Poisonous
12-24-2011, 03:10 AM
<span class="flash-video"> </span> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre> huy

LightRey
12-24-2011, 04:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:
I just didn't like it because of the stupid hollywood effect they were going at. I don't like it. It's just the length they were there. I'd be fine if it was fall off, PUNCH, slam into the ground but seriously? They were falling for ages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you're exaggerating a little.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">just a little</pre>

GLHS
12-24-2011, 05:15 AM
I think the crossbow problem wasn't b/c it wasn't invented yet. What does it say? "Historical inaccuracies"? I'm thinkin maybe that means more along the lines of the people in the Middle East didn't have them, or they weren't widely used in that part of the world yet. The devs did say that's why they took it out though, so I trust their judgment. Still, I think it would've been pretty sweet to have them in AC1.

LordWolv
12-24-2011, 05:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I just didn't like it because of the stupid hollywood effect they were going at. I don't like it. It's just the length they were there. I'd be fine if it was fall off, PUNCH, slam into the ground but seriously? They were falling for ages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you're exaggerating a little.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">just a little</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3800000/Sarcasm-Motivational-Poster-house-md-3805895-500-400.jpg

LightRey
12-24-2011, 05:55 AM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3800000/Sarcasm-Motivational-Poster-house-md-3805895-500-400.jpg
Hellz yeah it does.

LordWolv
12-24-2011, 06:11 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Rakudaton
12-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Critics of the the falling-from-cliff fight seem to be missing one rather important thing...

We see it happen in slow motion.

Quite apart from some ridiculous exaggerations (they fall for an entire minute? REALLY?) this fact basically renders the argument against it redundant. Yes, they fall far -- but not THAT far. We don't know just how slow the slow motion was, anyway -- the whole thing could have been over in three or four seconds.

No, my objection to that part (even though it was awesome) was the fight from Ahmet's perspective (I think it's Ahmet, correct me if I'm wrong). So you're falling off a cliff, and the guy you're trying to kill is the one guy in the world who has parachutes and knows how to use them. Nice one, genius; no wonder the Templars keep losing with people like you in charge.

LightRey
12-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Critics of the the falling-from-cliff fight seem to be missing one rather important thing...

Quite apart from some ridiculous exaggerations (they fall for an entire minute? REALLY?) this fact basically renders the argument against it redundant. Yes, they fall far -- but not THAT far. We don't know just how slow the slow motion was, anyway -- the whole thing could have been over in three or four seconds.

No, my objection to that part (even though it was awesome) was the fight from Ahmet's perspective (I think it's Ahmet, correct me if I'm wrong). So you're falling off a cliff, and the guy you're trying to kill is the one guy in the world who has parachutes and knows how to use them. Nice one, genius; no wonder the Templars keep losing with people like you in charge.
Good point. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Assassin_M
12-24-2011, 07:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

Good point. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Indeed..

finiksiss_13
12-24-2011, 08:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Lets look at dumb stuff:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hahaha True... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

finiksiss_13
12-24-2011, 08:06 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

pacmanate
12-24-2011, 09:39 AM
TL;DR

E-Zekiel
12-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
You know the crossbow was most definitely invented by then. They had been in use in China for hundreds of years before that, and a while in Europe, too. One specific example I have is that they were used by the Normans at the Battle of Hastings.

Yeah this is what bugged me the most. I couldn't manage to finish the post due to this inaccuracy, as well as saying "Omg he just fought like Ezio how lazy!'

AltaÔr didn't fight like Ezio. He fought like an assassin, like he was trained. Ezio fought like AltaÔr, plus more, as increased funding and technology allowed the game to grow in such a way. It has nothing to do with zomg he is just copying the guy born a few hundred years after him!

TrueStoic
12-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Yep, mostly your right.
This what you told us right here is the "annual-curse", meaning if a game franchise is released annualy, it will lead to its downfall.
Now this isnt just some sort of fairy tale, but its plain simple as not having enough time to make the best out of a sequel. AC2 was a seisnic shift so we got the most impresion from it, while Brotherhood was not only made in half the less time, it featured the same period, same main character, butwith some new things and a bit furter story telling ( now dont get me wrong i liked AC:B but loved AC2 over it )

Just take a year more for the development of a game or at least half a year, so no fan can pit a grudge againts you ubisfot, for not bringin Assassins creed as it would been best x).

fyiByas
12-25-2011, 02:57 AM
Revelations Story did not interest me at all. For me it just got old as Ezio himself. I mean at least Brotherhood had a good tale to tell that kept me questioning "whats gonna happen next", along with Assassin's Creed 1 & 2.

It didn't have the magic feel, but the City of Constantinople was pretty. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

oODaNNii-BhoY_94
12-25-2011, 09:08 AM
I agree with the Altair part defintely while i was pleased that he got his voice actor changed for obvious reasno(people back then didn't have American holywood accents)and while i did much prefer his Desmons-ish look it made more sense for him to have a brand new look he just didn't get much time for gameplay.

PurpleHaze1980
12-28-2011, 09:05 PM
What annoyed me about tHe story was that it ended far too quickly and the Ottoman storyline was short and hard to get invested in at all.

Bombs didn't add much to the story or gameplay for me (too unpredictable for me) and I'd have rather had a longer more involved storyline than a few poorly placed ziplines in Istanbul and some bombs that are about as useful as knickers on a potato (at one point Ezio couldn't hit an opponent in a cloud of smoke even with his eagle vision active!).

I missed memorable characters, engaging plot and replayability. I just didn't see that in this game even though I did enjoy it. I wanted this game to be way more challnging with much more Gameplay. Surely a game of this calibre shouldn't take 3 nights to complete?

Btw about the crossbow...from what I read on various sites and seen on YouTube there was meant to be a crossbow in the original AC but it was removed because it made the game far easy...it shows in the trailers. I personally didn't find as much use for the crossbow this time as I did in Brotherhood. I like to have both ranged and melee weapons in hand in case of an ambush and I couldn't do that with crossbow. Gun is just as good (knives are faster but crap distance on them).

GLHS
12-29-2011, 04:13 AM
I really don't understand that though. How could it make it too easy? Throwing knives have the EXACT same effect. You target, throw, and they die. How would a crossbow be any different?

ShaneO7K
12-29-2011, 04:50 AM
Well Desmond has had a revelation, so I don't know how you thought there were no revelations in ACR?

Anduril79
12-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by GLHS:
I really don't understand that though. How could it make it too easy? Throwing knives have the EXACT same effect. You target, throw, and they die. How would a crossbow be any different? The biggest advantage of the crossbow is that it can puncture through thicker armor than the throwing knives. In some cases it take up to 4 or more knives to kill a guard with heavy armor whereas it only takes 1 bolt to kill him. If you used only knives you'd be replenishing your supply every time you turn around (depending on your pouch capacity.)

Anduril79
12-29-2011, 09:51 AM
There is something that I think some people are forgetting. There still is 72 left till the Templar satellite launch at the end of ACB. I don't know how much time passes in ACR, but there's still plenty of time left for things to be answered e.g who Eve is, locating her, and discovering how she fits into the grand scheme of things. And hopefully, they'll be able to find the solution to stopping the CME from wiping out all life on earth.

I haven't read any of the books, so could someone explain what the satellite is supposed to do that's so bad that the Assassin's have to stop it?

LightRey
12-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Anduril79:
There is something that I think some people are forgetting. There still is 72 left till the Templar satellite launch at the end of ACB. I don't know how much time passes in ACR, but there's still plenty of time left for things to be answered e.g who Eve is, locating her, and discovering how she fits into the grand scheme of things. And hopefully, they'll be able to find the solution to stopping the CME from wiping out all life on earth.

I haven't read any of the books, so could someone explain what the satellite is supposed to do that's so bad that the Assassin's have to stop it?
You're right. ACR seems to take a few days at most.

The satellite is supposed to amplify the apple's effects. This allows them to control basically everyone on the planet.

stevvie69
12-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Things that annoyed me in The Story
RTS in an action game, come on please.

AdmiralPerry
12-30-2011, 11:31 AM
I actually finished the game without the crossbow... /end random musing

I don't see what's so hard to understand about the Apples. We know there are more than one. Ezio's was hidden under the Coliseum. Altair's eventually made it to Masyaf, and is presumably the one destroyed in the DIA incident. Of course, this does lead to the question about the Apple that eventually comes into Ezio's possession... I seem to recall hearing somewhere that the archive on Cyprus was reclaimed by the Templars, so they probably had found another Apple by then, which they put in the Archive. I want to say Altair knew about this, which is the whole reason it's in the Codex. There are still some inconsistencies, but it's the explanation that makes the most sense. Also, keep in mind I haven't read The Secret Crusade yet, so I don't know if there's anything in there that I'm missing.

Anduril79
12-30-2011, 03:37 PM
What's the names of the titles of the AC books, I haven't been able to find them.

Sick_one12
12-30-2011, 04:33 PM
i may not agree with everything the OP said,but i think hes right when it comes to 16.

i mean i know that ubi said they wanted to have questions regarding the modern timeline unanswered,but they could have at least give us some more info about clay

because story wise its really quite strange that Desmond didnt even ask 16 about the mysterious things he said especially the stuff from ACBs "The Truth"

apart from that i think the OP exeggerated a little... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif