PDA

View Full Version : Luthiers's post about PF future.

Kuna15
09-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by luthier1:
Cell phones??? Where'd that come from? I'm happily working on three new add-ons for the game, plus I'm in the early stages of planning something even bigger.

Regarding adding free things to PF, all of the new Pacific content added in post-release patches was produced by me. A few more planes and cockpits have already been completed and will be released in the near future, and the plans don't stop there.

Most of it is centered around new aircraft though. New ships - I seriously doubt you'll see any new Allied ships, because every single one we've looked at is under copyright by big aerospace companies, who ask for an ungodly amounts to license their likeness. Japanese ships - honestly not very likely either, mostly because to me new planes are more important, and if I have to dedicate my very limited resources to something I'd rather build a new cockpit than a new ship. It's a flight sim after all, and I'd much rather bomb an old ship in a new plane, than a new ship in an old plane.

Maps - you will see new ones, and the Philipinnes (Luzon / Bataan) will be the first. Solomons? We have Guadalcanal already. The Solomons are so large we can't possibly fit anything playable on a single map. Even the nearest US and Japanese bases were so far apart that only one side can be represented on a map. If we build Bougainville or, I don't know, Rabaul or what have you, the Allies will be airstarting all their missions. We have so many one-sided airstart missions already, I think the focus should be on the historical areas where both sides had equal presence. I hate to keep shortchanging one side or the other in all the campaigns.

In any case, Pacific is not dead, and neither am I. I've just became extremely allergic to the forums in the pre-release days, and I still haven't gotten over it.

Some good news for you folks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/8611070753

Kuna15
09-15-2005, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luthier1:
Cell phones??? Where'd that come from? I'm happily working on three new add-ons for the game, plus I'm in the early stages of planning something even bigger.

Regarding adding free things to PF, all of the new Pacific content added in post-release patches was produced by me. A few more planes and cockpits have already been completed and will be released in the near future, and the plans don't stop there.

Most of it is centered around new aircraft though. New ships - I seriously doubt you'll see any new Allied ships, because every single one we've looked at is under copyright by big aerospace companies, who ask for an ungodly amounts to license their likeness. Japanese ships - honestly not very likely either, mostly because to me new planes are more important, and if I have to dedicate my very limited resources to something I'd rather build a new cockpit than a new ship. It's a flight sim after all, and I'd much rather bomb an old ship in a new plane, than a new ship in an old plane.

Maps - you will see new ones, and the Philipinnes (Luzon / Bataan) will be the first. Solomons? We have Guadalcanal already. The Solomons are so large we can't possibly fit anything playable on a single map. Even the nearest US and Japanese bases were so far apart that only one side can be represented on a map. If we build Bougainville or, I don't know, Rabaul or what have you, the Allies will be airstarting all their missions. We have so many one-sided airstart missions already, I think the focus should be on the historical areas where both sides had equal presence. I hate to keep shortchanging one side or the other in all the campaigns.

In any case, Pacific is not dead, and neither am I. I've just became extremely allergic to the forums in the pre-release days, and I still haven't gotten over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some good news for you folks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/8611070753

Enforcer572005
09-16-2005, 02:35 AM
thats interesting and we should all be greatful, but regarding the solomons, just a few islands to the NW would have helped out alot, since thats where a most of the air and sea combat took place, like santa isabel and the russells. I dont think the japanese base at munda was that far away-Id suggest to just put a few of the islands in there. that's the nature of a pacific scenario, the huge expanses. MS was able to have all the Solomons well represented in CFS2-The detail wouldnt have to be that great. The islands that are in the area of the Guadalcanal early map really should be there....that thing is pretty big.

But im GREATFUL for all the work he's put in this.

Im curious as to aviation companies raising sand about ships that they somehow are connected with. Are they gonna sue the publishers of all the military books? What about putting up images on the internet, or mentioning them in novels or historical texts? They gonna sue Tom Clancy or WEB Griffith? This is censorship of an arrogant and expanding nature, and I wish some well healed cat like MS would take these morons to court.....they could easily, and this would put an end to all this, but since the guy that heads that outfit thinks the same way, these lousy lawyers will continue to rule. Shakespere was right about lawyers.

Until the sim/model companies/publishers etc get together and take these jerks on in federal court, none of them are gonna be able to do much else without being limited. If we cant have ships, why have a pacific sim to begin with. Not complaining, just some observations that are justified until these coorporate/legal people are silenced. the tax payers financed all that stuff.

I think its time for some direct action by several industries, as nobody could do it alone.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Zjoek
09-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Yeah that whole license bull**** is getting out of hand. But it could be worse. I know MS isn't going to make another CF anythime soon... But just imagine MS (or anyone else..) buying an EXCLUSIVE license to model these planes... Now I know there are not many CF-fans here.. Imagine that would be the only sim in which you could (virtually) fly a P47.. Or a Mustang...

This really has to be stopped. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

WOLFMondo
09-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Thats pretty cool news. He's alive and has been doing his bit and making more stuff.

The license thing is out of hand but nothing can be done so lets just enjoy what we can have and wait to see what the future holds.

TgD Thunderbolt56
09-16-2005, 08:18 AM
So, when's it coming out?