PDA

View Full Version : My FW-190 actually flew backwards!

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 12:35 PM
This game is a blast. I would have never thought this was possible. During a wild evasion, I pulled back on the stick and flew straight up, then hit full left rudder and held it, when my plane started dropping down backwards, I pulled back on the stick hard, came out of the backwards drop and was going backwards and level for about 1 or 2 seconds, then into a dive. It's amazing what a pilot can do when he has a Yak chasing him with 30mm cannons blazing. Every time I hear that distinctive Blah Blah sound, I go into a violent evasion. One of those Dirty Harry shells will blow your wing clean off. A minute later, my FW was set on fire. As my pilot bailed out, the plane exploded taking the parachute with it. I watched my pilot drop about 1,500 metres without a chute and land in the ocean headfirst. I don't think he survived. Score another kill for the Reds.

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 12:35 PM
This game is a blast. I would have never thought this was possible. During a wild evasion, I pulled back on the stick and flew straight up, then hit full left rudder and held it, when my plane started dropping down backwards, I pulled back on the stick hard, came out of the backwards drop and was going backwards and level for about 1 or 2 seconds, then into a dive. It's amazing what a pilot can do when he has a Yak chasing him with 30mm cannons blazing. Every time I hear that distinctive Blah Blah sound, I go into a violent evasion. One of those Dirty Harry shells will blow your wing clean off. A minute later, my FW was set on fire. As my pilot bailed out, the plane exploded taking the parachute with it. I watched my pilot drop about 1,500 metres without a chute and land in the ocean headfirst. I don't think he survived. Score another kill for the Reds.

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 03:03 PM
sounds like you did a "Hammer Head" Stall a common airshow maneuver

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid84/pcf14831e07273a1e01a33fb0e5650ffa/face10c7.jpg

Lead Whiner for the P-47D-40, M and N and Hvars

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 04:57 PM
I use the hammerhead liberally in dogfights!

Nothing is more fun than falling backwards, flipping around, and findyourself behind that fiesty Yak that was giving you so much trouble . . as it is stalled and fluttering down. Perfect shot for you.

I've lost count of how many planes I've bagged with that maneuver.

I first learned it in the old, old flightsim called 'Fly!' kinda a stun-plane simulator, and the hammerhead was one of the stunts.

So i've used it as a dogfight lastditch maneuver ever since.

If you have a better climbrate or more energy, the enemy is helpless.