PDA

View Full Version : get the kill while getting stun from behind?

shxsma
01-22-2011, 04:04 PM
ive noticed players can still kill you while youre stunning them from behind, how do you do that? sorry if this has been asked, ive looked around and didnt found any topic

nightpriestess
01-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by shxsma:
ive noticed players can still kill you while youre stunning them from behind, how do you do that? sorry if this has been asked, ive looked around and didnt found any topic

I've had this happen quite a few times, I finally got a chance to ask my cousin in party chat when he did it to me. He said from his TV screen, he did not have his back to me, he was facing me.

So yeah, you yourself can't do it because you're already facing your target. It's just lag or something.

obliviondoll
01-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Hasn't been asked recently, but has been asked before.

When you stun a player, there's a short "wind-up" before it lands, during which they can still kill you.

The time in which this can be done is MUCH shorter when you're stunning from behind, but it's still possible.

Basically, it's just another function of the routine "assassinate beats stun" situation.

And yes, it is meant to be like that.

If you can trick someone into trying to stun you thinking you're not watching just because your back is turned, then you still deserve the kill.

HiTs4rMaBonG
01-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah, what about Manhunt games, when i go stun someone, even finish my animation, yet somehow they lunge out, i get no stun and they kill my teammate? Lag? Ghey.

VampiricGranny
01-23-2011, 08:27 AM
This game looks really smooth.
The reason you can be killed when you're behind your target is for this very reason.
If you saw all the animations, this game would look very silly.

(e.g. When you're stunned halfway through a kill animation, it waits till afterwards to knock you to the ground.)

HiTs4rMaBonG
01-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Really? He was high profile, facing the other way, in a smoke. It even said stun....but he lunged out still getting the kill, and not being stunned. Thats not smooth. I see what you mean, but this wasnt the case. Might have been some lag, mixed in with the lil glitch or whatever...

fugazi787
01-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Sometimes things happen as intended. Or sometimes lag makes for peculiar situations. Or sometimes glitches add that WTF factor.

StarScream391
01-23-2011, 10:11 PM
I know how but im not going to share it to the world so I wont be getting killed by it.