PDA

View Full Version : HELP! How Do I Get This Destroyer Off My Butt?!

Shrap
03-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Spent the last 1.2 hours getting depth charged by a lone destroyer (he finially ran out of DCs).

I'm scrapping the bottom of the ocean at 85m and am at slient running butt nothing I've tried shakes him for long.

What can I do?

Shrap
03-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Spent the last 1.2 hours getting depth charged by a lone destroyer (he finially ran out of DCs).

I'm scrapping the bottom of the ocean at 85m and am at slient running butt nothing I've tried shakes him for long.

What can I do?

JJCarter
03-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Try staying at silent running.... going to "all stop", and then settling on the bottom. No movement.... no sound for him to lock onto.

Ping!

Good Luck to ya!

Ping!

Hope you make it out!

Ping!

I'm outta here before he sees me too!

Ping!

Splashes Captain!

Ping!

Oh s**t! What did I do to mysel---BLAM! BLaM! BLAM!

LtBen
03-24-2005, 11:49 AM
You're lucky. I spent over 2 hours getting charged by 2. Just stay about 20m-30m above as low as you can get while you're being pinged, and once he's finished pinging you, DIVE LIKE HELL.

mariness2
03-24-2005, 11:50 AM
1. Raise your observation scope until theres no black and use it to watch for DDs travel above you. Always move parallel with him, and when charges fall, turn 90 from them. Easy.
2. Try the slow mvmt technique - I don't use it for reasons I'll explain next.
3. Using your O or P-scope and FLANK SPEED, stay at Periscope depth and LET DD SEE YOU. Let him know where your at. Why? Because the DD will try to ram you, but 9 times out 10 he'll do a depth drop after his attack run, which is easy to avoid. Let him get close, then when his sonar goes off and he begins a break left or right of your travel to drop charges, BREAK 90 DEG to his path. All charges will explode, and most will be way lower than you anyhow, and the rest will explode safely behind ya.
4. Turn back to same course as original. Rinse, repeat until DD is out of charges.

*Then torp his behind as soon as you get the strength to do so. I had 6 DDs against me, and I ended up sinking 5 of 6 (one sunk after he hit me) and the last one I played the above game with him and he eventually ran out of charges. I then had an easy target. He actually almost rammed a cargo ship, and sat there waiting for the ship to pass (maybe a bug), so I put an easy torpedo in his idle side...

Theres a pattern for DDs -- learn em....

Boatfull
03-24-2005, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shrap:

What can I do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if you got a V11B or better you can alway fire
a fish outta your butt! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif