PDA

View Full Version : Question about non-flyable planes

lbuchele
10-20-2004, 11:43 AM
I was reading the list of flyable planes in PF and P-38,P-47, P-51 and the Haya was not flyable in PF as a stand-alone,only if the game is installed over IL2,am I correct?
So,we can´t fly campaigns using P-38?In the Pacific?
Well,I´m confused about this...

lbuchele
10-20-2004, 11:43 AM
I was reading the list of flyable planes in PF and P-38,P-47, P-51 and the Haya was not flyable in PF as a stand-alone,only if the game is installed over IL2,am I correct?
So,we can´t fly campaigns using P-38?In the Pacific?
Well,I´m confused about this...

Snuffy Smith
10-20-2004, 01:10 PM
I was confused about this too and asked the same question yesterday. I understand from the reply that the P38 is not in PF and so is not there to be used in a campaign. It looks like from the plane list that only P39 and P40 variants are available for USAAF dynamic fighter campaigns in PF. I was told you can import the missing planes from FB-Aces using the mission builders for quick missions or creating custom linear missions, but they are not in PF, either as flyable or AI.

Gato__Loco
10-20-2004, 04:18 PM
I understant is fairly easy to add "new" planes to the plane list available in a campaign (or at least it was easy in FB-AEP). You have to modify some DGEN files somwehere. I don't have the details though... I've converted to Lowegrin's IL2DCG. But...you should be able to find this info on the forums.