PDA

View Full Version : Why did developers delete High/Low Profile Toogle Option?

Nemesis-T
04-13-2010, 03:06 AM
I was really upset, when find out this option deleted. I can't imagine the purpose of doing this. Many gamers like aggressive style, so they must always get RMB pushed. So every action needs one more button to be done. IMHO that's stupid. That's really strange, because first game had this option.

What's your opinion?

Nemesis-T
04-13-2010, 03:06 AM
I was really upset, when find out this option deleted. I can't imagine the purpose of doing this. Many gamers like aggressive style, so they must always get RMB pushed. So every action needs one more button to be done. IMHO that's stupid. That's really strange, because first game had this option.

What's your opinion?

Nemesis-T
04-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Any comment? Do you really like to play permanently pressing RMB? Is it really comfortable for you? I cant believe

EijiTakayama
04-13-2010, 10:52 PM
I really don't mind keeping RMB pressed. On the contrary, it makes it easier to suddenly get out of high profile mode.

mornegroth
04-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes, I miss that option. My finger start hurting after some minutes of gameplay (I'm using a gamepad).

Murcuseo
04-14-2010, 01:12 PM
I've just started playing through AC with it turned on and it feels wierd when fighting. This is my first play through of AC so its bound to feel a little strange.

I quite like being able tap block when fighting rather than holding it down so it means I have to tap it twice lol

Maybe something I just have to get used to, its awesome for travelling though!!

A hotkey would be nice....

Six_Gun
04-14-2010, 11:16 PM
I didn't choose any of the vote options, because I felt most were too sarcastic and ridiculous or assumptive. I suppose if I had though I'd have picked the last one, they thought it wasn't needed. More likely thought it could become a hindrance though. When blocking you are VERY locked into A) the direction of the foe you're locked to at the time, B) extremely slow movement and C) limited lunging reach. In a game where the combat effectiveness hinges on quick response to attack in any given direction from foes of varying reach, I like being able to quickly go all out offensive in my combat without having to untoggle block.

That being said, I've always been a no toggle guy, be it crouch, aim or block. Toggling is always more time consuming than just letting go of the key or button you're activating the function with. Personally I don't find holding the default block button down fatiguing or bothering at all, and I'm 52. The middle finger is pretty strong and R Mouse button very ease to depress. The R Mouse button is also one that is positioned so no reach is involved at all. Thus I tend to wonder if it's more a problem of some using mice that maybe don't fit and feel as well they could.

cheat2winPT
04-15-2010, 02:47 AM
Assassin2.ini

[Input]
HighProfileToggle=1

pablocoo
04-15-2010, 03:43 AM
I knew I saw this option somewhere!
Just tried it and IT WORKS - but only for keyboards + mouse (doesn't work with my X360 controller)
If you're looking for Assassin2.ini file, go to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed 2

Nemesis-T
04-15-2010, 02:51 PM
cheat2winPT
pablocoo

Guys, you rock!

sixburn
07-22-2010, 02:00 PM
voted option 1.
removing the HPtoggle is a pain specifically during combat, it was not ergonomic at all.

also my thanks to pablocco & cheat2winPT for this thread

EzioAssassin51
07-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Wait, what do you mean taken out? Is this for AC2 on PC? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif