PDA

View Full Version : is it posible that someone with two screens monitors my sight as im on his 6?

raaaid
05-12-2009, 08:45 AM
i use fixed deflection shot but many people appears to know exactly where im aiming like if they were seeing my screen

how do they do this?

it happens like 1 of every ten and only in arcade servers

raaaid
05-12-2009, 08:45 AM
i use fixed deflection shot but many people appears to know exactly where im aiming like if they were seeing my screen

how do they do this?

it happens like 1 of every ten and only in arcade servers

M_Gunz
05-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Not everyone online is playing lone wolf.
And if you are playing on a server with externals on then everyone can use external view.

raaaid
05-12-2009, 09:14 AM
what i mean is if the game allows to set view from an enemy plane

if not must be they feel it like people feels being looked at

just want to know to know what to do with these dodgy people

Sirrith
05-12-2009, 09:27 AM
no, they can't view from your cockpit. but its quite easy to guess when someone is about to open fire if you have externals on, I've guessed correctly a few times myself (and incorrectly a lot more!)
and also luck

I do understand what you mean about that feeling about being looked at though, I've surprised myself a few times by catching someone creeping up on me on other games, even though I had no way of knowing they were there

jayhall0315
05-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Raaaid, there are also big Red or Blue arrows pointing the direction to all planes as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

WOLFMondo
05-12-2009, 11:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:

how do they do this?

it happens like 1 of every ten and only in arcade servers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't play on arcade servers, they all have this problem, they are called F6 Aces. There is even a method where players can track you despite being out of F6 range. Probably best not shared though.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VW-IceFire
05-13-2009, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by raaaid:

how do they do this?

it happens like 1 of every ten and only in arcade servers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe because they can see where you have your nose pointed and thus are aiming?

Why assume the most complicated and difficult answer when a simple one is staring you in the face?

I know where someones nose is pointed, can logically deduce where their bullets will fly...and adjust my course appropriately. Its just a combination of intuition and past experience.

I also usually can tell when someone is about to open fire. For exactly the same reasons.

BTW: Getting IL-2 to run on two monitors is not going to be easy. You'd need a Matrox Parhelia (sp?) or something similar and I'm really not sure how well that would work in IL-2.

stalkervision
05-13-2009, 04:57 PM
there is actually a way to see if someone is pulling lead on you no matter what server type your on. If you can see a enemies aircraft under belly from your overhead cockpit view he is pulling lead on you.

M_Gunz
05-13-2009, 05:38 PM
If you get close from behind, some people can hear your plane there. I've been told it depends on sound card and settings.

My #1 guess though is you've run across people playing with wingmates who tell them when to break.