PDA

View Full Version : Planting seeds

HeinzBar
06-20-2005, 08:03 AM
S!,
Even though BoB is still far into the future for an eventual release, I'd like to plant a seed or two.

I really enjoy building maps and testing them on WarClouds. Nothing pleases me more than getting some positive comments on a good map. On the flip side, I don't mind constructive criticism either. It helps my ability to create better maps..which I'm always trying to do.

Anyhow, some things I'd like to see in the future BoB for map building would be the following:

1. The ability to limit the number of planes more accurately at a base. I know I can limit the planes now w/ the spawning diameter, but it can be a guessing game depending on the size of the airbase. I would like to see a numerical size limit instead.

2. The ability to limit the number of specific plane types in the game or set the number of specific plane type respawns, ie I'd like to limit the number of me262 on the map at any one time to 2 regardless of the number of players. Or, there are only 10 me262 in a given map. Once these planes are destroyed, selecting the me262 will not be an option.

3. Using test strip 4, I'd like the ability to set the starting altitude and speed at these airstart bases.

4. The ability to limit loadouts for individual planes. IE, limit the late model 109g6 to 20mm cannon only.

Now, I know alot of this can be done in COOP missions. However, creating DF maps can be very challenging as there are current limitations on what one can do now.

Is this something that 1C could possibly implement in BoB? Just curious.

Sincerely,
HB

F19_Ob
06-20-2005, 11:28 AM
There's a sticky for suggestions and ideas on top in this forum.
Post there aswell m8.
I'm sure they'll consider all good ideas. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Atomic_Marten
06-20-2005, 11:49 AM
You are suggesting some very very good stuff there, and at the same time very historical yet rather simple (that is from what I can uderstand with my limited programming knowledge) suggestions. And they will, if accepted, boost the immersion.

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-20-2005, 11:56 AM
As a longtime contributor/mapmaker, I can say these are things we've been asking for for a long time. A spawn limit and loadout specification would be VERY nice (can anyone say bf110 in 1940 without mk108's?).

I also feel that the ability to limit/regulate ANY aircraft in the manner you suggest would be paramount in bringing the jets, La7's, etc, back into the game in a more realistic (yet not imbalanced) way.

You got my vote...if it helps.

TB

Hunde_3.JG51
06-20-2005, 12:00 PM
As someone who enjoys historical accuracy above all else I really like #2 and #4. They are all good ideas, but #2 is something I have been wanting for a long time, it would be great to be able to only take a certain number of aircraft type and after they are shot down they are no longer available. No more servers with 20 Mig-3U's, , Ki-84C's, Me-262's, Ta-152's, etc. flying around.

HeinzBar
06-21-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by F19_Ob:
There's a sticky for suggestions and ideas on top in this forum.
Post there aswell m8.
I'm sure they'll consider all good ideas. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

DOH!!, as long as I've been reading these forums, one would have guessed I would of remembered. Old age is creeping up on me I guess. Anyhow, thanks for the suggestion. The seeds are now planted in the suggestion sticky.

Just a further thought; I wonder how hard it would be to allow the starting altitude adjustment in the next patch? I'd really like to have to b25s starting w/ an altitude of 6000m http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It would provide some good ole high altitude fighting which I enjoy most http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HB

VW-IceFire
06-21-2005, 08:00 AM
While we're at it...the ability to attach JPEG or other image types as "recon photos" to the mission briefings.