PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo Bombers modelling - wait for expansion CD?

taly01
12-03-2004, 05:54 AM
The lack of torpedo bombers i hope is due to them wanting to get them done right, i believe they did have custom sights for anti-ship use that compensated by ship speed and angle of attack run.

Also the Japanese vs US torpedo has very different charcteristics, Japanese torpedo faster, US torpedo longer range but slow.

I can't help thinking that these will be the sale-point of a Pacific Fighters expansion CD :/

taly01
12-03-2004, 05:54 AM
The lack of torpedo bombers i hope is due to them wanting to get them done right, i believe they did have custom sights for anti-ship use that compensated by ship speed and angle of attack run.

Also the Japanese vs US torpedo has very different charcteristics, Japanese torpedo faster, US torpedo longer range but slow.

I can't help thinking that these will be the sale-point of a Pacific Fighters expansion CD :/

Jason Bourne
12-03-2004, 08:22 AM
IIRC, Oleg has already said that there are no real torp bombers because of the well known bugs with the torps, there are movies around of torps being lobbed over cities, landing in a bay several miles away, and then sinking a ship. Also, i think that he said once they get these things fixed, they will make the Avenger/Kate flyable.

MiszaNC
12-03-2004, 10:00 AM
I didn't realise that there are differnces between IL2 and PF engines considering tropedos? We already have torpedo in IL2 let's wait for PF, I hope they will fix it sooner than later.

Zeus-cat
12-03-2004, 10:21 AM
I made a 30 mission campaign for the IL-2T (torpedo bomber). Obviously not a carrier-based plane, but some darn good missions IMHO. Look for "Straight and True" at

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_campaigns.htm