PDA

View Full Version : The reason 100% sync is a bad idea

LitLikeABrothel
01-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Assassin's Creed has always been about planning your assassination and carrying out however you wish, be it stealthily or all guns blazing.
Brotherhood ruins this by FORCING you to do it a certain way in order to get 100% sync. This is stupid, and ruins what was one of the best things about Assassin's Creed game play in the past.

Anyone else agree?

Razrback16
01-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Yes. It would be fine if certain parts of the game (Cristina Missions for example) weren't dependent upon synchronization percentage.

germanosz
01-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Forces you!?
How's that? It's optional.
Actually, it will only award you with some new outfits (that are mainly cosmetic), cheats (that are used for fun) and Cristina's memories (you could do all memories [including assassinations and asignements], fail 100% in most of them, and still get these side memories).

So basically, 100% sync is great idea, as it adds a difficulty factor for those who wanted one, and tests your skills at the same time.

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 11:01 AM
In my opinion 100% sync gives you a template to go off, but i like to find my own way around missions with only a few hints to tell me which way is best.

DeeNuke
01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
I must agree with germanosz. The 100% syncro is not a must, you do it if you want to. For me it was annoying, but at the same time challenging. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif No gameplay was destroyed. Really...

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Yeah but if you dont 100% sync it you dont get 100% complete game overall which is stupid as some people dont want to go the way the 100% needs you to go to get 100%. (If that makes any sense at all)

germanosz
01-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
Yeah but if you dont 100% sync it you dont get 100% complete game overall which is stupid as some people dont want to go the way the 100% needs you to go to get 100%. (If that makes any sense at all)
People wanting 100% game completion without a difficulty factor don't make sense at all, IMHO.

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah but with the amount of different missions you it takes ages to try and get 100% in all of them! I'm not saying i dont want any difficulty factor at all though!

LitLikeABrothel
01-08-2011, 11:51 AM
It's not exactly fair to get a big "SYNCHRONISATION FAILED!!!!" message on your screen because you didn't want to use your Assassin's recruits.

AMuppetMatt
01-08-2011, 11:51 AM
People complained that after the game there wasn't really anything to do. So something has been put in to give you something to do. Now you complain that just because to get 100% sync you have to do something different to what you would normally do? Make up your minds ffs.

Play the game through once how you want to and THEN go back a replay missions to get 100%. It's not like you're being tied to a chair and forced to do the things required to get 100%... or am I an exception to this rule?

AMuppetMatt
01-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by LitLikeABrothel:
It's not exactly fair to get a big "SYNCHRONISATION FAILED!!!!" message on your screen because you didn't want to use your Assassin's recruits.

And this never, EVER happens? It's only if you get detected or something, and that's exactly the same as in AC2. Give me one example where anything as petty as that happens and I'll take back this comment.

LitLikeABrothel
01-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LitLikeABrothel:

And this never, EVER happens? It's only if you get detected or something, and that's exactly the same as in AC2. Give me one example where anything as petty as that happens and I'll take back this comment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm talking about getting 100% sync, not failing the mission outright.

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 11:56 AM
There is a few missions where you have to use your assassin recruits to get 100% sync, and once i used them i couldnt get them to retreat as they were getting the kicked outta them and a few or them died!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Murcuseo
01-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by germanosz:

People wanting 100% game completion without a difficulty factor don't make sense at all, IMHO.

100% sync is probably the same as an ASBO, the kids want it as a badge of honour, not because the completion actually means something to them. They want to get their mates round and go "Check this out!" and whip out a 100% Sync save game to prove how manly they are.

God forbid that would include any difficulty, everything is getting easier. Think about exams for christ sake, you get 25% of your grade by filling your name in properly these days.

Life ain't fair, deal 'wae it!

germanosz
01-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Yeah but with the amount of different missions you it takes ages to try and get 100% in all of them! I'm not saying i dont want any difficulty factor at all though!
Read what I said. It's OPTIONAL.

Again, it's optional. But if you want it, why not replay the mission? Most missions take no more than 10 minutes, and are fairly easy even with the sync challenge.

People complained that after the game there wasn't really anything to do. So something has been put in to give you something to do. Now you complain that just because to get 100% sync you have to do something different to what you would normally do? Make up your minds ffs.

Play the game through once how you want to and THEN go back a replay missions to get 100%. It's not like you're being tied to a chair and forced to do the things required to get 100%... or am I an exception to this rule?

I agree.

TreFacTor
01-08-2011, 07:43 PM
IMO the 100% sync didn't add any difficulty to the missions...other than a first run through the timed lairs. Good for people that want more of a challenge, but hardly raises the difficulty.

OniLinkSword
01-09-2011, 12:36 AM
The 100% sync part didn't bother me. You can still play the mission anyway you please. What did bother me is that certain missions forced you to play a certain way. For example, the first time I stormed the castle, the game practically held my hand showing me exactly how and where to infiltrate.

Also the follow missions aren't well balanced. You can be a large field and see your target no problem, but the game will tell you to reduce distance. Uh what? If I was any closer, I would give myself away (realistically). I was also stalking someone and it told me to move away because I was too close, but I was hidden where I was. If I moved, I would be caught. Dang it, stop telling me what to do game. I am playing fine! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Johno_efc
01-09-2011, 07:19 AM
Your reliving someones memories, it's logical that you're rewarded for doing it how they did.

LitLikeABrothel
01-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by OniLinkSword:
The 100% sync part didn't bother me. You can still play the mission anyway you please. What did bother me is that certain missions forced you to play a certain way. For example, the first time I stormed the castle, the game practically held my hand showing me exactly how and where to infiltrate.

Also the follow missions aren't well balanced. You can be a large field and see your target no problem, but the game will tell you to reduce distance. Uh what? If I was any closer, I would give myself away (realistically). I was also stalking someone and it told me to move away because I was too close, but I was hidden where I was. If I moved, I would be caught. Dang it, stop telling me what to do game. I am playing fine! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

This, why couldn't we enter the castle how we wanted? For example, when I was climbing the Colosseum for a mission I got to the top and realised I had to climb back down again because I din't climb past those silly shiny checkpoint things. My route was fine, stop holding my hand game!

ArD117
01-09-2011, 09:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
People wanting 100% game completion without a difficulty factor don't make sense at all, IMHO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, you don't have to place difficulty with completion. There should be a technical difference in the game for those who wish for a challenge, and those who wish to do everything. Add that to the fact that they're completely unrealistic. What type of assassin takes only three minutes to get the job done?

Razrback16
01-09-2011, 09:47 AM
and Cristina's memories (you could do all memories [including assassinations and asignements], fail 100% in most of them, and still get these side memories).

Wrong. I've played the game 4 times now -- you will not get the last Cristina memory to unlock unless you do a significant portion of the memories at 100% sync. You simply won't build up enough of an overall DNA synchronization to unlock the 5th Cristina Mission.

SolidSnakeMat
01-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Oh shut up. Really the game does not force you to 100% sync. Just because it says you can get 100% sync by doing it this way you can still do it however you want and completely ignore it. Grow up and play the game with crying.

ArD117
01-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by SolidSnakeMat:
Oh shut up. Really the game does not force you to 100% sync. Just because it says you can get 100% sync by doing it this way you can still do it however you want and completely ignore it. Grow up and play the game with crying.

With all due respect, you're the one cruising for trouble. This is a forum, we can say what we want without users like you barging in just to blatantly insult us. What's so funny is that, in the end, it is you who ends up appearing like the fool (for example, saying "shut up" and misspelling "without"). You sir, are the troll.

Furthermore, this thread wasn't just about what we want to do, but also about getting 100% sync. The challenges that go along with these missions are no problem to me. What I find frustrating is that I have to complete these to get full sync. I'm merely bringing my view to this issue.

LitLikeABrothel
01-09-2011, 10:44 AM
The objectives are unrealistic, too. Why would Ezio assassinate that highly guarded target with a hidden blade rather than shooting him with with a crossbow from far away?

germanosz
01-09-2011, 11:12 AM
The objectives are unrealistic, too. Why would Ezio assassinate that highly guarded target with a hidden blade rather than shooting him with with a crossbow from far away?
It's in the style of assassins to kill in a surreal way. The best assassinations are done stealthily, with the hidden blade (favorite assassin weapon), without being seen coming or leaving the scene.

Krayus Korianis
01-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ArD117:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSnakeMat:

With all due respect, you're the one cruising for trouble. This is a forum, we can say what we want without users like you barging in just to blatantly insult us. What's so funny is that, in the end, it is you who ends up appearing like the fool (for example, saying "shut up" and misspelling "without"). You sir, are the troll.

Furthermore, this thread wasn't just about what we want to do, but also about getting 100% sync. The challenges that go along with these missions are no problem to me. What I find frustrating is that I have to complete these to get full sync. I'm merely bringing my view to this issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The objectives for 100% Synchronization are not hard. Just time consuming on figuring out a way to get it done with ease.

The fact you want to do the Cristina Missions without getting up to 75% Synchronization (Which is for mission 5), or any mission that requires a specific requirement; is just the excuse of a lazy gamer.

Also the fact that this is a Forum doesn't allow anyone to do WHAT THEY WANT. There are rules, and you and him both need to abide by them, which you aren't because you're flaming each other.

Tonelowke
09-10-2011, 10:47 PM
I just started playing this game, (Loved AC1 and 2) and totally agree with the original poster. Assassin's Creed to me is about the story and experience. The failing 100% synch ruins that for me because it takes me out of the story, and the completionist that I am feels forced to replay the same mission over and over ruining my overall experience.

If in Revelations they make it more part of a separate mode rather than tied to the story missions I'll be much happier playing through the story THEN going back and playing the challenge mode.

nickfern19
09-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Guys, the reason 100% synchronization is bad because the Synchronization objectives are always **SPOILERS**!!!!! Just as my most easily memorable example, in the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC, I believe one of the first missions is seeking out Salai in La Volpe's tavern. I was thinking, "Okay, simple enough." Then I saw the sync challenge: Do not lose X synch bars / Do not go below X health. Really? No surprise now. Now I can just run all the way to the tavern with my sword pulled out, ready to own some guards.

Really ruins the story, and I don't believe this post was well structured :P.

ace3001
09-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Cristina's memories (you could do all memories [including assassinations and asignements], fail 100% in most of them, and still get these side memories).
You can't. Leave stuff like Cristina missions disconnected from 100% sync, and I guess it's good.

Animuses
09-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by ArD117:
Furthermore, this thread wasn't just about what we want to do, but also about getting 100% sync. The challenges that go along with these missions are no problem to me. What I find frustrating is that I have to complete these to get full sync. I'm merely bringing my view to this issue.
I agree 100%.

Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
Also the fact that this is a Forum doesn't allow anyone to do WHAT THEY WANT. There are rules, and you and him both need to abide by them, which you aren't because you're flaming each other. You totally misinterpreted what he said. Regardless, you aren't a mod.

dxsxhxcx
09-11-2011, 04:31 AM
I'm not a completionist but I hate when they throw at our face that we failed at "x" mission what forces me to come back and replay the mission the way they want or to play the way they want from the beggining just to avoid that message, what's not cool!!!

bveUSbve
09-11-2011, 06:03 AM
While I appreciate Ubisoft's intention to give us some above "casual" difficulty, I too think there are several issues with the 100%-sync-feature.

For example there was this romulus catacomb with a maze-like path and a time limit of 8 minutes. Though it was fun to figure out how to maneuver the maze error-free and as fast as possible, it bothered me that no way the real Ezio could have done it on first try within time AND simultaneously collect all treasure and flags.
So the true meaning of 100% synchronization wasn't met by this setup.

In one of the thief quests you had to parcour over roof tops while several archers hunted you (in most cases). There too was a time limit, and in this case it was (for me) exceedingly difficult to reach the finish within this limit. To try over an over again just because I was 1 second "too slow" (or the last checkpoint didn't work right?) wasn't fun (for me) but frustrating.

Generally I think the difference between the demands for 100% and those for "do it somehow, doesn't matter" was huge. Which is not ideal in my opinion.

In other cases the condition for 100% seemed totally random. Or they seemed to contradict themselves from challenge to challenge.

Anyhow, to give experienced players more of a challenge the basic solution should be 3 or 4 difficulty-settings, which would affect combat globally.

SupremeCaptain
09-11-2011, 07:16 AM
All this 100% synch did for me was frustrate me.

It might not force us to do it, but we feel we have to because of "FULL SYNCHRONIZATION FAILED LOL!!!!!!" and makes me feel unsatisfied that I didn't do the mission "correctly".

blazefp
09-11-2011, 09:24 AM
It's definitely not a bad idea. It tells you to do a mission in a certain way, so what? Most of the times it just makes you do the mission more stealthy or efficiently.
If you don't want to do it that way, just don't. You can always replay the mission whenever you want

DavisP92
09-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Lol ppl are still talking about the sync system. I have to agree with the ppl saying it should be removed. It does limit ur freedom somewhat, but only to those of us gamers that want to get 100% completion "OUR WAY". Like how we could in AC1 and AC2.

However not all of the sync missions suck in my opinion, i like the do not be detected missions. But that's cuz i like stealth. But again even that has it's flaws mainly because AC was orignaly a game that allowed u to pick ur way of doing a mission, by stealth or just run in killing ppl.

ProdiGurl
09-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Forces you!?
How's that? It's optional.
Actually, it will only award you with some new outfits (that are mainly cosmetic), cheats (that are used for fun) and Cristina's memories (you could do all memories [including assassinations and asignements], fail 100% in most of them, and still get these side memories).

So basically, 100% sync is great idea, as it adds a difficulty factor for those who wanted one, and tests your skills at the same time.

I just went thru ACB again and I can only agree with this since the subject was on my mind while I was playing thru it this time.
Without those challenges, we'd just be sticking with easier or our favorite ways we're comfortable with getting a mission done . .

What I ended up doing is just not sweating a few of the timed Romulus Lair sync's since I only tear my hair out & throw raging tantrums after 9 tries . . so just do it your own way if you don't want to sync it for a challenge.

I've grown to like most of them since it adds variety & challenge.

SleezeRocker
09-11-2011, 11:11 AM
I did the full sync only since I knew it was possible for me to do them and get a trophy in the end.

but yet at the sametime, I too, didn't like it much, but whatever, I want ACR, UC3, and RE:OpRC dam it!

Tonelowke
09-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
Lol ppl are still talking about the sync system.

Yeah, sorry for bringing this post from the dead. I Just picked the game up from Amazon for $20 so just now realized how annoying the mission specific sync challenge is.

I just think the challenges are a cheap way to extend the gameplay.

ProdiGurl
09-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Tonelowke:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
Lol ppl are still talking about the sync system.

Yeah, sorry for bringing this post from the dead. I Just picked the game up from Amazon for $20 so just now realized how annoying the mission specific sync challenge is.

I just think the challenges are a cheap way to extend the gameplay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, your opinion is only based on your personal preference. It doesn't bring any extended gameplay if it annoys someone who hates the syncs.
I read a few comments on Youtube vids where people got so peeved that they sold the game or quit playing it when a sync was too hard.
And I'm not so sure that a company trying to add extended gameplay is somehow a negative??
I want more gameplay - it helps us get our money's worth when there's good replay value.

Other people complain that ACB is just too easy even w/ the synching... ? No game company can please everyone.
This is just personal preference imo.

But in the end, most sync's are optional and can be ignored to play the game any way you like.

ProdiGurl
09-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
All this 100% synch did for me was frustrate me.

It might not force us to do it, but we feel we have to because of "FULL SYNCHRONIZATION FAILED LOL!!!!!!" and makes me feel unsatisfied that I didn't do the mission "correctly".

HaHa - yep. But I had to get over it becuz the stress and anger isn't worth scaring my pets.

One of the reasons I was compelled to do the syncs is becuz I wasn't satisfied with being a moderate player, I wanted to push myself to game better in general.
So I used it as more of a challenge that way.

If you do some of them enough, they aren't as hard as when you first you tried it.
Some of the timed ones I'll always just ignore the sync & enjoy the missions. [*cough* timed Romulus Lairs.]

Dieinthedark
09-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
In my opinion 100% sync gives you a template to go off, but i like to find my own way around missions with only a few hints to tell me which way is best.

+1

Voltige2011
09-13-2011, 03:22 PM
My only complaint about these things were the spoilers they came with, and the fact that if you fail you need to start from square one.
The tank mission for example, don't get hit. So now you have to avoid every possible danger. If you get hit though you can't even use a checkpoint, just start back from the beginning following the exact same thing five times. An unreasonable circumstance is if you had a challenge like don't take any fall damage. In one of the lairs it has you running around, even if you do it perfectly at the last bag its an instant death. You fall, you die at the same time, restart, oh look I've already failed.

But then again you could just try again a little, only takes about 1-3 more tries......

Sushiglutton
09-13-2011, 03:32 PM
I thought it was a great addition. Personally I'm pretty lazy and if I find a way that works I overuse it a bit. I need an extra incentive to vary my game. It also showed some possibilites I didn't really know about. Overall it made he game more enjoyble for me and that's what it's all about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif!

Rea1SamF1sher
09-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Assassin's Creed has always been about planning your assassination and carrying out however you wish, be it stealthily or all guns blazing.
Brotherhood ruins this by FORCING you to do it a certain way in order to get 100% sync. This is stupid, and ruins what was one of the best things about Assassin's Creed game play in the past.

Anyone else agree?
If the mission design wouldn't be as linear as it was kind of in AC2 and a lot in ACB, I would have nothing against removing it or give there an option to use that system. But as it is now, it doesn't look like you will be able to plan you assassinations like in AC1, so I wouldn't mind the 100 synch system at all since it's supposed to be played one way anyway because of the linear mission design.