PDA

View Full Version : Help and information!!!

seaeagle2323232
01-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Firstly i have to say this is the best simulation game out there on the market!!!,

first question in each comparment of the uboat who do i need in there? eg what are the differance between saiors and warrant officers and officers? who do i need where?

Another question what is the pistol mode for when you fire a torpedo?,

And lastly for now as there any websites that have detailed info on how the uboats worked and what they look like inside? or any uboat operating manuals? i realy like to know how to sail a real onE!!!!!!
cheers

seaeagle2323232
01-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Firstly i have to say this is the best simulation game out there on the market!!!,

first question in each comparment of the uboat who do i need in there? eg what are the differance between saiors and warrant officers and officers? who do i need where?

Another question what is the pistol mode for when you fire a torpedo?,

And lastly for now as there any websites that have detailed info on how the uboats worked and what they look like inside? or any uboat operating manuals? i realy like to know how to sail a real onE!!!!!!
cheers

blue_76
01-31-2006, 05:18 PM
you'll find the answer to most of your questions here:

http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Main_Page

Fish40
01-31-2006, 05:48 PM
HI! As Blue said, the manual offers loads of info. I'll try to answer your questions, but still browse through the manual.

For starters, you don't need men in all the compartments all the time. You don't want to keep guys in the torpedo rooms for example, unless you're conducting an attack, or reloading the tubes. Haveing men hanging around doing nothing will induce fatigue. Keep men in their bunks until they are needed.

The green status bar above each compartment shows its' readiness. Adding officers with specific qualifications will reduce the need to totally fill up the compartment with men. You can appoint qualifications at the end of each patrol.

Moveing forward, the pistol selection indicates an impact detonation, I believe, while the magnetic setting will detonate the torpedo under the ships Keel, after the torpedo detects the magnetic field of the hull. If you use this mode, set torpedo depth 3meters deeper then the Keel. Look in your ship ID manual for this info.

Finally, www.uboat.net (http://www.uboat.net) has a wealth of info, as well as pics. Hope this helps.