PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Hi guys,i have just joined the club to listen and learn about the wonderful world of flight simulation and am having a blast just trying to avoid making big holes in the ground with my plane.

I would like to know why in the second mission as the IL2 based at Orsba???(spelling) in the orginal IL2 that when fully loaded taking off to destroy a German supply colomun i cannot keep up with the rest of the flight?

Thanks for any help.

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Hi guys,i have just joined the club to listen and learn about the wonderful world of flight simulation and am having a blast just trying to avoid making big holes in the ground with my plane.

I would like to know why in the second mission as the IL2 based at Orsba???(spelling) in the orginal IL2 that when fully loaded taking off to destroy a German supply colomun i cannot keep up with the rest of the flight?

Thanks for any help.

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 11:12 AM
This is IL-2 I believe? Dont worry about it. The AI has been given an advantage. You can use Autopilot to keep up, or fly manually and catch up eventually. This is not the case in FB, you should have got this.

I'd never join a club that would have ME as a member!!.

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 11:21 AM
Ok thanks....i guess i would be gaining by getting FB and not missing anything by not playing IL2 anymore.

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Tanahmerah wrote:
- Ok thanks....i guess i would be gaining by getting
- FB and not missing anything by not playing IL2
- anymore.
-
-

Well now...Some people swear by IL-2. Some people don't like the FB flight models on some planes, the sound, the...something.

The main advantage to FB, (IMHO), is the dynamic campagin generator, more planes and some cool maps, like Gulf of Finland.

The biggest drawback to IL-2 is fourfold, not as many planes, (and there ARE some cool ones in FB), fewer maps, scripted campagins, (but very good ones and you can d/l a dynamic campagin generator for IL-2), and very few people play IL-2 online. Maybe 25-30 on any given night between HL and ubi compared to the several hundered every night flying FB.

I have both. I fly FB because I like flying online and one of my favorite things is IL-2 Air Racing which can only be done with FB. If there were more online options with IL-2 I might be writing something different.

Just my .02 worth.

<center>Beebop-ProudBirds-VFW<center>http://www.uploadit.org/files/230903-Beebop%20Sig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 02:22 PM
can you post a link for the campaign generator for il2 (original game) please. i have seen links to the il2 center before but they all seem dead now.
cheers.

"The path to wisdom is a long one...only after being able to take off, fly a circuit, take out 4 passing bombers, without sustaining damage and land again...will I have taken the first step."

XyZspineZyX
10-22-2003, 03:07 PM
The FB AI are as hard to keep up with as in IL2, in my experience at least.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.