PDA

View Full Version : Dashboarding

cable_dawg602
09-28-2010, 10:50 PM
What is it?

ChilledLJ
09-29-2010, 10:40 AM
when people are doing really crap in say MW2 they quit out to dashboard on the xbox so none of the stats count against them and they can keep a good KDR. Therte wouldnt be any point in doing it in this game because nothing is really recorded eg. loses

cable_dawg602
09-29-2010, 12:42 PM
thanks I just heard the term and wanted to be in the loop does it work for most titles and is it just for XBOX heard about guys doing it on Madden also.

Joppsta
09-29-2010, 01:18 PM
It's for morons that can't handle getting their nuts bust now and again.

Everyone loses, the big men take it on the chin, the little girls go to the dashboard.

EDIT: Although.. i do agree with dashboarding on CoD when you're facing people that are clearly glitching or manipulating the game in some screwed up way to sway favour their way. Generally speaking CoD in general is a laggy mess and lots of people exploit this i think.

cable_dawg602
09-30-2010, 12:43 PM
COD is only laggy when players on the other end are using lag switches with those that's how I imagine they get those incredible kill streaks no way in hell can a person get friggin 25 kills without going down at least once. 18-15 kill death ratio can still be considered a good game outrageous.

Axe99
09-30-2010, 05:00 PM
If you're used to playing dedicated server games (KZ2, Warhawk, SOCOM, MAG) CoD is just plain laggy - peer-to-peer can't compete with dedicated servers (by way of comparison, I get less lag playing USA/EU from Australia with dedicated server games, than I get playing Western Australians (2000km away) with peer-to-peer games).

Joppsta
09-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by cable_dawg602:
COD is only laggy when players on the other end are using lag switches with those that's how I imagine they get those incredible kill streaks no way in hell can a person get friggin 25 kills without going down at least once. 18-15 kill death ratio can still be considered a good game outrageous. I know someone that has a 5 K/D ratio on cod. My k/d is something liek 1.5 last time i checked (which is above average so far as i'm aware).

CoD is one of those games that seem to be centered around the K/D ratio.. which is something i don't like, since it has "objective centric" gamemodes. Nobody cares about their win/lose ratio anymore it seems. I think that's why i still enjoy CoD 3 in a way, CTF in that game was brilliant.

I guess that frame of mind is here to stay though, kill streaks only solidified it.

Anyway, dashboarding is for people that can't take a spanking.

Deton_van_Zan
10-01-2010, 07:15 PM
you can't have dashboard in this game.. for example i was in so many games in 1v1 that after i destory the first 5 units, doesnt matter what kind. they would leave, i got fed up of people leaving, so i msg one that leave on a 1v1. the dude said he rather leave early then give me more points. lol i was like ok. so if some1 leaves its not dashboarding

InfiniteStates
10-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Surrendering is different to dashboarding...

Surrending is conceding the game in a sportsmanlike manner.

Dashboarding is quitting the game straight to dashboard or XMB in a spiteful attempt to deny XP and destroy a kill streak.

airborneguy
10-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Dude, this is a Ruse forum, not call of dodo forum

InfiniteStates
10-03-2010, 05:17 AM
People still dashboard, although there's very little point. In fact, it's counter-productive because you still register the loss but don't get the XP.

airborneguy
10-03-2010, 09:17 PM
No you dont register the loss, my buddy dashboards and has a 50 game winning streak