PDA

View Full Version : Why is the sound screwed again ??

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 10:04 PM
It was almost good in 1.1f, (with exception of not hearing hits, which was livable with).
But in the 1.11 its awfull, I have to drop to 16 sounds and no hardware accel to avoid 4-5 seconds lag on sound when I fire guns.
This issue really is beginning to annoy me now, it should have been fixed long ago /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Message Edited on 09/10/03 10:04PM by bartflaster1

Message Edited on 09/11/0312:39AM by bartflaster1

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 10:04 PM
It was almost good in 1.1f, (with exception of not hearing hits, which was livable with).
But in the 1.11 its awfull, I have to drop to 16 sounds and no hardware accel to avoid 4-5 seconds lag on sound when I fire guns.
This issue really is beginning to annoy me now, it should have been fixed long ago /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Message Edited on 09/10/03 10:04PM by bartflaster1

Message Edited on 09/11/0312:39AM by bartflaster1

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 02:29 AM
actually, have you noticed that in this IL2 FB the sounds are inferior than in the original IL2 in that i use to get thoes WHUAH affects when a plane passed me at high speed?
same with the ground objects like tanks and firing guns, i would get that ambulance siren effect passing by.

now sounds are uninteresting, in the original IL2 they gave you more feeling of exitement.

thats besides the fact that the sounds are still buggy as hell.

guns not sounding when fired, or delayed sounds ( sometimes
firing guns come on out of the blues without me pressing the trigger)

engine sounds is the same. and no WHAH sounds anymore like in original IL2.

i think this game would inprove immensely if they bring back the original IL2 sound engine! what ever they tried to do with this new sound engine im sure was with good intension but MAN , did it screwd the thing up .

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 02:53 AM
I'd LOVE to have the IL-2 sound back for FB! I remember after installing one of the patches for the original after they implemented the EXCELLENT hit sounds....I almost had a cardiac since my speakers where set high and the noise was downright frightening!

I'll not whine on any of these forums, but if there was ever a chance to bring back the SUPERIOR model, it would certainly help the immersion-factor!

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 03:47 AM
Yep!Yep! Compared to original IL2 Sturmovik FB sounds just plain f*****g suck!!