PDA

View Full Version : Social Stealth?

Feynir
11-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Social stealth was sopposed to be a main aspect of the game, even the manual states suspicious soldiers will turn to informed soldiers after giving 1 warning. However this is not the case.
I can create a commotion infront of multiple guards, like punching, throwing, knocking into people around, and the guards will give their warnings but will do nothing further. They do not become informed and basically really don't do anything as long as you don't involve guards in your commotion.

What gives? I thought creating a commotion was sopposed to alert guards and that's where the social stealth comes in.

Dawnfang
11-19-2007, 08:30 AM
That is not entirely true in my opinion. If I pickpocket a thug, who starts fighting me or throw some filthy beggar away and a guards see this, they will fight me.

ScytheOfGrim
11-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Really?

The opposite is true for me...

If there is (for example) a group of guards blocking a path in a city, and I keep trying to push past them, after only a few goes one yells, "ASSASSIN!"...

TheBlackPope
11-19-2007, 08:31 AM
oh, they do, trust me. try throwing a citizen into a merchant stand or the scaffolding, lol, see what happens

shotty78
11-19-2007, 08:33 AM
You can fist fight without causing any problems. However if I push people around or into other merchant stands then things get messy.

Feynir
11-19-2007, 08:35 AM
I meant besides those that actually do work.

The ones i mentioned like knocking into people carrying stuff, or throwing them to the ground, as long as you don't kill anyone infront of the guards. Like free climbing infront of guards also doesn't make them go into informed status. Sorta defeats the purpose of going to a secluded place to climb so you won't attract people's attention.

sNk2006
11-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Feynir:
Like free climbing infront of guards also doesn't make them go into informed status. Sorta defeats the purpose of going to a secluded place to climb so you won't attract people's attention.

I also wonderd that dose anyone know the answer to this? Because when i saw the video of jade saying "Oh he has to go down this alley so none see's him climb up" I then play and it dosent appear to matter AT ALL. The most i have ever had is "Oh my get down from there" or somthing along those lines and thats it.

TheBlackPope
11-19-2007, 08:47 AM
I find this game better played if you create your own terms of gameplay, like only climb when there's no guards watching or assassinate the dudes who are giving speeches to a crowd, there should have been more things like that.

but yeah, assassins creed 2 will kick so much ***, it's crazy.

Feynir
11-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Exactly my point. You can basically do anything as long as you don't get anyone killed or don't get caught stealing. The suspicious guards who should turn informed after giving 1 warning, never do. They just stand there giving warnings after warnings but never turn informed. Really game breaking. If ubisoft releases a patch for the freezing on ps3 I hope they patch the guards to actually turn informed after 1 warning like the manual so says.

Feynir
11-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by TheBlackPope:
I find this game better played if you create your own terms of gameplay, like only climb when there's no guards watching or assassinate the dudes who are giving speeches to a crowd, there should have been more things like that.

but yeah, assassins creed 2 will kick so much ***, it's crazy.

Yah but I would actually prefer it to be working ingame, so when say a patrolling guard actually spots me he goes on alert and a chase begins.

Being careful while walking around people carrying stuff is pretty much useless since guards don't care when you make them break their stuff. Even if you made your own rule to walk in the crowd, if you accidentally bump into someone carrying stuff and they break it, nothing happens.

TheBlackPope
11-19-2007, 09:02 AM
it's weird, it seemed that when I was playing the game in the beginning, the guards would seem to freak out on the slightest thing, now, I can take on three brawlers, beat them down, toss a wench into a stand and take out my sword before the guards say " i got a bigger sword"

beats me dude

SilasMalkav
11-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I've had a few full on punch ups with the thugs infront of alot of guards, and they don't react at all apart from crossing their arms and watching what's happening. Also the most the crowd have done to me is throw rocks, and most of the time they don't even do that. They lose interest in you after the first story (as in building) anyway.

I think I'd prefer if it was alot easier for the guards to go agro on you, and if the fights were alot harder. As it was I could go pretty much the whole game without guards getting angry with me, and even if they did could simply kill every one that followed me. The chases are easily the best bit, but they give up so damn quickly. Either that or kill themselves.

Arlington
11-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Gaurds in red mode will react to just about anything. Yellow gaurds are a lot more forgiving.

Keep in mind that fist fighting and climbing ladders are "socially accepted" behavior.

I don't mind the leway the yellow gaurds give you. IMO it would have slowed down the game too much. I can see why some would like that level of stealth realism.

I wish they had added difficulty levels that would tweak gaurd behavior, like what they will and wont respond to, what will provoke them. Seems like it would be fairly straight forward to implement (as apposed to trying to tweak the combat) and let people tailor the game to their liking.

Grandmaster_Z
11-19-2007, 11:10 AM
heres something funny, go up to any of the preachers that are lecturing in front of a church/mosque, and stealth assassinate them. The crowd just disperses like nothing happened. its funny.

Feynir
11-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Arlington:
Gaurds in red mode will react to just about anything. Yellow gaurds are a lot more forgiving.

Keep in mind that fist fighting and climbing ladders are "socially accepted" behavior.

I don't mind the leway the yellow gaurds give you. IMO it would have slowed down the game too much. I can see why some would like that level of stealth realism.

I wish they had added difficulty levels that would tweak gaurd behavior, like what they will and wont respond to, what will provoke them. Seems like it would be fairly straight forward to implement (as apposed to trying to tweak the combat) and let people tailor the game to their liking.

I'm ok with the guards in high alert mode, they're working great, but the suspicious guards are just way too easy. The difficulty idea sounds pretty nice.

Anyhow they advertised the game as an action game and not stealth, so I'm willing to overlook it, since I'm having alot of fun with combat, altho I wish I could counter counter-attacks. Looks like I'll have to wait for mgs4 as my stealth action game.

Sidney1932
11-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Feynir:
Exactly my point. You can basically do anything as long as you don't get anyone killed or don't get caught stealing. The suspicious guards who should turn informed after giving 1 warning, never do. They just stand there giving warnings after warnings but never turn informed. Really game breaking. If ubisoft releases a patch for the freezing on ps3 I hope they patch the guards to actually turn informed after 1 warning like the manual so says.

Well after a point they don't even give you the warning. I got punched by a crazy man in front of the guards and immediately got an "I recognize you". Like I've said the social stealth swinging wildly between being way too easy and way too hard and it is seemingly arbitrary how and when guards recognize you.

HardcoreHeathen
11-19-2007, 05:24 PM
The crazy drunk people punching you magically breaking blend and aggroing guards on you is annoying as hell.

Feynir
11-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Sidney1932:
Well after a point they don't even give you the warning. I got punched by a crazy man in front of the guards and immediately got an "I recognize you". Like I've said the social stealth swinging wildly between being way too easy and way too hard and it is seemingly arbitrary how and when guards recognize you.

That's because you were either pushed into the guard or there was an informed guard, those who have their swords drawn, in the area.

Informed guards react to the smallest details including bumping into people. The guards I'm complaining about are the suspicious guards, those who have one hand on their sword which is still in the sheath.

RadixLecti1987
05-11-2009, 10:09 AM
The guards become more suspicious on later memories.. Those are the best ones IMO.

StealthMeatloaf
05-15-2009, 05:43 PM
When the Animus is loading (the blue "area"), the woman says "Should you get into a fist fight, guards will not interfere. But If you draw your weapon, they will react." Well, throwing someone into a wall would be pretty much the equivilent to punching someone in the face. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Jedted
05-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
heres something funny, go up to any of the preachers that are lecturing in front of a church/mosque, and stealth assassinate them. The crowd just disperses like nothing happened. its funny.

I did this once just to see what whould happen and it was hilarious. The listeners just go back to their buisness like he was never there in the first place.

Maybe they figured he had a heart attack mid-sentence. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xanatos2007
05-27-2009, 01:52 AM
A heart attack... in the kidney... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Beren082
05-27-2009, 04:52 AM
mmm, kidney heart attack

Outlaw-BHA
05-27-2009, 06:08 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gifthe most deadliest kind http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif