PDA

View Full Version : Torps. External reserves?

philbhoy
10-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi guys.
Can these torps be loaded during a mission?
So far I have been unable to do so.

I bet it is something really simple..............

ILikePortillos
10-05-2005, 01:02 PM
I think I remember hearing you just have to be surfaced, not silent running, and of course, you need to have the torpedo room of choice manned.

Dominicrigg
10-05-2005, 01:15 PM
yeah be surfaced and drag and drop them into the reserve section onboard. Dont drag and drop them to the tubes. You should see them change colour and if you move a mouse over them the pointer will tell you how long they have. It should be an hour or longer usually.

Diving will reset them so you have to start again.

Kaleun1961
10-05-2005, 02:18 PM
In addition to what has already been said, I would add this. To make the loading as fast as possible, have a torpedo rated officer in the crew doing the loading; it will really speed things up. A few torpedo rated Petty Officers helps, as well.

If you have a type IX, which has multiple external storage and you want to download more than one at a time, I suggest you turn off automatic reloading. If you have auto reload turned on, the crew will download one at a time and then immediately start loading the new torpedo into the tube. This means you have to stay longer, exposed, on the surface. Get your torpedoes into the boat first, then load them into the tubes. This way you spend the minimum amount of time on the surface. This is especially important if you are in an area covered by Allied air patrols.