PDA

View Full Version : Solution for the IL-2:1946 BUG on game-start

NuMcA_of_CS
03-09-2008, 08:56 AM
I have been experiencing some problems with il2 game-start. if my mouse was clicked and/or message was received in msn i would lose control of the mouse in IL2. If i minimized IL2 and tried to bring it back to full screen, the game crashed.

To confront this problem, u must change a command in your il2's conf.ini file to allow the game to run in backround.

To do so:
1. Locate the "conf.ini" in your IL2 installation folder. (MY CONF.INI file location: C:\Program Files\IL2 1946\conf.ini)

2. Back up the file "conf.ini". Copy and paste it once so as to create "Copy of Conf.ini"

3. Open the conf.ini file. (Right click on the file/ "open with.." / choose "notepad")

4. Find the line with the command DrawIfNotFocused and set it to "1".
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> DrawIfNotFocused=1</pre>
This will allow you to send IL2 in the backround AND bring it again forward, without crashing nor losing mouse control.

5. Save and exit "conf.ini"

6. The sky is yours..

ytareh
03-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Cant believe nobody has congratulated this guy yet .This is an AMAZING discovery.Strange thing is Ive gotten so used to it that I went back to the original alt/tab method .But I guess this would be vital for controlling plane while checking emails etc !

TheCrux
03-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Thanks very much, that's great info. Can't wait to try it, since that bug can be a real PIA especially with TIR, Teamspeak or any other programs running.

Thanks again.

Aviar
03-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Not sure what kind of problems you guys are having, but I tried this out just from curiosity.

Unfortunately, it prevents being able to get back to my desktop while IL-2 is running. This is something I need to do once in a while, so this little 'tip' is obviously not for me.

Avisr

rnzoli
03-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by ytareh:
But I guess this would be vital for controlling plane while checking emails etc !
Please, let's have a 1 vs 1 on HL tonight, I fly as usual, you fly while checking your e-mails, deal? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, this tip has been out for more than a year. Although my PC has no problem putting IL-2 to the background etc, but this settings comes handy when playing a series a co-op missions. So when you are down (one way or another), you can check e-mails, forums etc., while still tracking how the current mission goes, and when will it finish before the next starts.

I would also note, that this setting will not prevent losing the FFB centering force when putting IL-2 to the background during an ongoing mission.

NuMcA_of_CS
03-10-2008, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Aviar:
Unfortunately, it prevents being able to get back to my desktop while IL-2 is running.
Avisr

u CAN drop down IL2 and see the desktop.
if for any reason this is not happening, just press "Windows' key"+"D"

("win key" is on the left side of spacebar, right of the CTRL)