PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILERS BE HERE* Playing as Desmond.

Ratherrin
11-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi, I'm new.

I don't know if there's a thread that already covered this, but I couldn't really find one.

Oh, and as stated in the title. Spoilers be here.

Was anyone else a little let down by how little Desmond Miles there was in this game? I know there are some groups of people that wish this was just a game played through the past and that Ubi would just leave out the modern-day plot entirely. However, I really love the modern-day story. Especially in AC2. When they added in real cut scenes in this game I was so happy! The characters are so expressive and the dialog was very compelling. I found myself really caring about all the characters from the Present-day/2012 plot (except for Shaun. Sure a grumpy, sarcastic man is fun and likable but he was just a d*ck. And no one likes a d*ck.)

All that being said, I kind of wished we got to do more as Desmond in this chapter. Sure, we got to do some free running. That was pretty cool. Then we went back in the Animus for a while. Then Ubi teased me after the Assassins got a hold of the Apple and when Desmond got out of the Animus all we got was, "No! I wanna go back in! Now!" I was pumped to run around as Desmond more and maybe leave the hideout and assassinate someone!

I know I'm probably in the minority on this stance (people who actually like Desmond and the 2012 storyline), but am I alone in wishing that we got to do more as Desmond in this game?

P459
11-30-2009, 11:39 AM
I agree. I love the mordern day storyline.
I thought it was very interresting.
And Shaun is indeed a d*ck.

Cjguy156
11-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Shaun IS a ****, period, haha.

I have this feeling too, we only used him like what, 3 times in the whole game? Beggining the alram setting and end, not including the time where he wanted back in after. Also, I did not get that. If Lucy and the others want him alive, why put him back and have him go all subject 16 for being in there too long, you know? Who knows how much time past.

Still, Desmond was way better and was more fun to play but short. I did not want his plays time to be after every sequence but at least after every three would have been fine to me. After 5 without desmond, I was "wtf?...."

Dm1les
11-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Shaun seems kind of.... Suspicious to me.
Idk it might just be me but it seems like he was a huge d*ck and maybe covering something up? Just pulling stuff out my a$$ XD

Bob_Cats
12-01-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm with you on this one.

Why didn't they have any bob cats either?

or is that just me...

Look Shaun is annoying and his name is spelled wrong as well. Kind of funny though.

There should have been more Desmond, Like the beginning with Lucy, I was pumped for the escape, wow everything is going on awesome.

Then you sit in the Animus for like 5 days...

And get out do some free running get back in, interruption.

BUT the end is awesome getting out and stuff.

I always wonder why he's using a 14th century weapon in the modern day...

ACII_Addicted
12-01-2009, 08:09 AM
BUT the end is awesome getting out and stuff.

I always wonder why he's using a 14th century weapon in the modern day...[/QUOTE]

Yeah u got the right. I am wondering why didn't templars come with uzis and bazookas to just perish the assassins completely... Well , i guess ubisoft's answer to this is , then we wouldn't have a storyline xD

Nevertheless, the most amazing game EVAH!!!

P459
12-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Well, if they brought "Uzis and bazookas" it might had been a little hard to avoid killing Desmond?
Abstergo needs him alive so they can use him in the animus.

zjc96
02-18-2010, 07:48 PM
What would be so great about playing Desmond i didn't really like Desmond i like the characters he becomes because they have the conflict and in ac 1 being Desmond was boring all you did was walk in a room.