PDA

View Full Version : Still no patch yet???!!!

nstutt
07-30-2005, 03:56 AM
Been away from these forums for a few months now (been playing F4 Allied Force!!) thought I would come bcak out of interest to see if there was a new patch yet to enable me to play the game properly. i cant believe there isnt one! What are the developers doing all this time.

I have to say buying SH3 was a right waste of my money. Its a right load of boring rubbish. What happened to a bit of fun in games these days. Have all developers taken serious pills or something. COME BACK MICROPROSE - ALL IS
FORGIVEN!!

Right now Ive said that and had my winge I'll be off to play an exciting simulation. Seeyou lot in a few months possibly.

CannonFodda_99
07-30-2005, 04:34 AM
Brave posting that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Well i guess this kind of patience and tactics game isnt for everyone.

SH3 is an great game in my opinion, a few bugs, but not unplayable.

Cannon

joeap
07-30-2005, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by nstutt:
Been away from these forums for a few months now (been playing F4 Allied Force!!) thought I would come bcak out of interest to see if there was a new patch yet to enable me to play the game properly. i cant believe there isnt one! What are the developers doing all this time.

I have to say buying SH3 was a right waste of my money. Its a right load of boring rubbish. What happened to a bit of fun in games these days. Have all developers taken serious pills or something. COME BACK MICROPROSE - ALL IS
FORGIVEN!!

Right now Ive said that and had my winge I'll be off to play an exciting simulation. Seeyou lot in a few months possibly.

Four patches already, and you'e comparing flying jets to commanding subs....oookay.

FDNYFAN
07-30-2005, 05:34 AM
Great game.
I don't have much trouble it works fine with me.

The_Gill_738
07-30-2005, 06:09 AM
Wow, very brave indeed. I dont think you realize that this isnt a shoot em up type game. Its all about waiting and ploting and picking you time to strike. The best sub game Ive ever played.

ss_rage2005
07-30-2005, 06:38 AM

FORGIVEN!!

wow nice post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif NOT
there has been Four patches already i think that's good. SHIII is a great game.

Rhoads
07-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Sounds like that guy was on the crack pipe for a few months.

He has NO CLUE.

MobyGrape
07-30-2005, 01:11 PM
SKaffs..F4 lol/he could be playing a Winner LOMAC<<HAHAH>

S VIIC_41
07-30-2005, 01:20 PM
Microprose... weren't they publishers?

They certainly published Worms 2 while Team 17 developed it...

thethlnk3r
07-30-2005, 03:48 PM
I havent had any problems with this game, no crashes nothen.

legodragonxp
07-30-2005, 06:01 PM
This guy is a Falcon player and HE is complaining about delays???? Might want to brush up on your game development history. Your flying Nintendo jet simulator has only, recently, been out-delayed by Duke-Nuke'm-Forever as the most delayed, but still potentially published, game.

zuluDROOG
07-30-2005, 06:23 PM
I have to say buying SH3 was a right waste of my money. Its a right load of boring rubbish. What happened to a bit of fun in games these days.

MUHAHAHAHA! I'm sorry, but that sounded so much like my Father who hails from LANCASHIRE in the UK and was a typical whinging/whining pommy here in Australia. No offense intended nstutt, I just haven't heard my Father's voice in many years. LOL!

Beastttt
07-31-2005, 02:05 PM
well no problems till you get to the end game and find the last 2 boats broken(type XXI and type IX DX@)

yes this is a good game but still has a few bugs

nstutt
08-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Well thanks for the replies I had a laugh reading them anyway.

I guess Im just not cut out for this sub sim gaming experience - far too slow for me. MAybe if the game was patched a bit more I might have come back to play it but presently it just isnt an option.

But I am concerned also that I never got the game that was promised by the publishers - ie with milkcows etc. I seriously cant see me buying another game from Ubisoft - I dont like being lied to. I decided the same with another publisher years ago - Gametek it was and the game was the terrible BK3000ad! Swore Id never buy another game from them after that fiasco and havent bought another game from their following takeover firm Take 2 either. Guess I'll have to start looking out for Ubisoft on the games covers as well now.

Whats happened to PC games development - is it all huge publishers trying to rake money out of an easy market? Whatever happened to the brilliant firms like Microprose and Digital Integration. How can firms like that go bust? Its really sad.

This game has really suffered because of Ubisofts attitude I think. But then it seems the same with all games these days. Perhaps the PC games markets days really are numbered!

Nats

Bubblehead1948
08-08-2005, 06:31 PM
===============================================

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif Sheese! Don't let the door hit ya in the fanny, sport.

Its just amazing how some folks feel that their diatribes are so profound that they feel the need to burst in periodically and remind us.

I'm just wetting my pants with enthusiasm for the next visit.

JCC2003
08-08-2005, 07:33 PM
He seems to be operating under that democratic misconception that all people are created interesting.

Personally, I blame the parents.

JCC

EFileTahi-A
08-09-2005, 03:54 AM
Been away from these forums for a few months now (been playing F4 Allied Force!!) thought I would come bcak out of interest to see if there was a new patch yet to enable me to play the game properly.

If you can count at least to 4, then 4 is the number of patchs that have been released so far, it's in the front page, can't beliebe you miss that.
With patch or no patch the game ALWAYS played well for me as for many other persons, it never crashed on sys. So, that means you have a problem with with your system. So don't blame the game.

i cant believe there isnt one! What are the developers doing all this time.

Did I said previously that 4 patchs came out so far?

I have to say buying SH3 was a right waste of my money. Its a right load of boring rubbish.

SH3 is the best WWII submarine simulation ever made, either you accept it or not. Not always we are willing to accept the truth, it's nothing worg with that, unless you are not a human.

People should always speak in singular when giving away their opinions. Plus, if you have enough brains your being should also wonder himself how come are so many persons here posting that they enjoy the game alot. If you can't/don't want to understand this then don't bother posting destructive comments.

What happened to a bit of fun in games these days. Have all developers taken serious pills or something. COME BACK MICROPROSE - ALL IS
FORGIVEN!!

I do agree with you in the way of the game not having what was promissed. That is, milk cows. But this as been so exaustly discussed that it makes me sick now just of hearing the "milk" word...

Conclusion:
The problem is that you are simply frustrated with the fact of not having the "milk-cows", nothing else. But I ask myself, if this game for you is nothing else but a "load of boring rubbish" how good would be having milk-cows? I mean, the game would still be a "load of boring rubbish". So why complaining about it?

TASKFORCE1x1
08-09-2005, 06:06 AM

FORGIVEN!!

Sorry to hear that your not enjoying in this sub sim the superior sound & graphics , moving ships parts, detailed aircraft, 3d crew, external camera etc..

Compaired to SilentService I take it I cant see where the problem is especially when you have a mission editor to make it challenging the way you like.

I'm enjoying it is all I can say. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Did I mention there is word of a SH4 ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

infacto
08-09-2005, 07:46 AM
What a plonker!

Go back to your flight sim we dont want you.

Infacto

nstutt
08-10-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by TASKFORCE1x1:
Did I mention there is word of a SH4 ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yeah right as if I would buy another product. Im getting sick and tired of paying for unfinished products and my money going to people who sit around and develop games all day and dont even have the bottle to admit that a release isnt finished and then releasean all encompassing patch to do what they promised.

Fair enough, you lot like the game - GREAT! Wow good on you. I dont. I think its as boring as hell. And I didnt get what was promised.

And Im not prepared to such up to the publishers/developers in the vain hope that they will release another version of the game sometime in the future or pretend to myself that what I am playing is the best ever sub game.

It isnt - the AI is ****, there are no other subs. There isnt even any port traffic. How can this claim to be an accurate simulation of sub warfare in WW2 - its completely inaccurate!

So stop going on you lot about how fantastic the game is and how much of a winger I am when I admitted it myself in the first post. But Im the one who is being honest here.

Nats

infacto
08-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Ok I take back my last statement.
But I think you're asking a lot from ubi I did not go on the forums before I baught the game.I did however download the trailers for it.I feel that exactly what i was promised. I got a great game. I like to charge out my time at a 1 an hour playing games so if I play a game for 28 hours of got a good deal out of the purchase I am at about 40 hours or so now which is a exellant deal for me.I'm playing guild wars as well & rome total war(still)

we are all diferant and I except that if you had high expectations they may not all have been reached.

Infacto

Braunbecker
08-11-2005, 05:48 AM
The game has many problems, also after modding

Faamecanic
08-11-2005, 05:49 AM
<--- Looks around...sees no one. dons Flame ******ant suit and Jumps into middle of crowd.

SH3 is being crippled by the big, giant, monster of a publishing ***** UBISOFT...

Its more than just two subs. The AI IS screwed up (search for Traffic Jam...to see posts about convoy behaviour) is an example.

Yes its the best WWII sub sim out. Could that be that its the ONLY WWII sub sim out there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Easy to be No.1 when your the only game in town.

Like I have said 100 times... I just want what is already in the game to work correctly. Is that too much to ask.

>--- jumps back behind a building, and runs like hell.

ijozic2
08-11-2005, 08:02 AM
I guess Im just not cut out for this sub sim gaming experience - far too slow for me. MAybe if the game was patched a bit more I might have come back to play it but presently it just isnt an option.

Well, I doubt they'll completely rework the whole submarine warfare concept in the patch so you could just as well save some time and avoid it alltogether..

But I am concerned also that I never got the game that was promised by the publishers - ie with milkcows etc. I seriously cant see me buying another game from Ubisoft - I dont like being lied to.

You should have gotten used to it already. The Warren Comission, Bush, Clinton, you, me.. everybody does it. The world is not a perfect place. And it's not lying; it's not telling the complete truth.

Whats happened to PC games development - is it all huge publishers trying to rake money out of an easy market? Whatever happened to the brilliant firms like Microprose and Digital Integration. How can firms like that go bust? Its really sad.

LOL! Microprose with their F4? That was so unfinished and unfulfilling the promises, starting from the first premise "It works". It's a brilliant product, just like SH3, just a bit rough and needs extra effort. I hope community will be able to complete it.

Don't get me even started on the DI.. Tornado was ok, Hind was about ok, F-16 was severly lacking in some areas and F-18 was a disaster. Basically, they just used the Tornado engine and updated it for all their later sims until it started braking down on all its stitches in case of the F-18..

Maybe games started to be very complex due to the exponentially higher demands? It would be easy if just the graphics chenged, but everybody wants ultimate reality which comes at a high price. Can you imagine playing DI's F-16 with e.g. LOMAC's graphics? You'd find it to behave like something out of Novalogics production or even worse and be disgusted by it.

So, it's very hard (time-consuming and expensive) to develop something like this and the ever decreasing number of buyers are getting more and more demanding.

nstutt
08-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Hey now I cant possibly allow anyone to **** off Microprose. They went down over Falcon 4 and look at the game now - the best flight sim ever arguably! And thats becuase it was all in there to start with. Now everyone is fighting over the scraps. Its sad.

And look at what else they did - EAW. Silent Service 2, M1 Tank Platoon, Gunship 2000 - all brilliant sims. I would be happy with just one sim of that kind of fun gameplay these days! We'll never have another Microprose.

And as for DI I loved Tornado! God it ruled my life for years. Alright F18 was rubbish but that was when they again were on the way out. But Hind was very good.

Maybe Im just getting too old to play computer games these days. But to me it all seemed so much better in those days. Money rules everything now, then it was done for fun. And you could tell.

Dominicrigg
08-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Agreed, microprose were gods.

Their games worked excellently and they are sadly missed by me and im sure thousands of others.

Tank platoon, gunship, midwinter. All their games rocked. I remember when i used to play them on the Amiga i had never heard of patches, and couldnt find anything wrong with them.

Come back microprose!

That said silent hunter rocks. But is bug ridden, it should have been held back atleast another 3 months to be finished. Then we could have had radio contacts and all the things I know the guys who made it wanted to put in.

If you wonder round the sub you can see the ghosts of things they were working on but never got finished/started. Just go look around in the radio room! You can see things were going to be usable in detail.

I wonder if they will make an add on which addresses all this, i hope and pray so!! That said i got my money from the game, and its still fun despite being bugged up to buggery!

Messervy
08-11-2005, 07:23 PM
1. Microprose...mhmmmmm......I had a triple pack....it was something like a Tank simulation in WW ll in europe, Pacific air war and Naval sim that included a strategic aspects.

2. I found a file where there is a clear indication that they wanted to give Merchant ships Historical names.

Thank you people who demanded a game in October 2004!!!!!