PDA

View Full Version : possibly dumb question - bombs

elgranchaco
11-08-2005, 12:56 PM
is there a way to slect which bombs you drop when you carry more than one type? for instance when i'm using a 190 with sc50's and a 250, i cannot drop the 250 until i've dropped the 4 sc50's. is this the only way?

maybe i've overlooked it in the maunal or the control mapping. thanks for any help!

p1ngu666
11-08-2005, 01:00 PM
it is the only way http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Vuco1
11-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately yes, no switching bomb types.
Btw, welcome on the forum and S! (S as for Salute)

elgranchaco
11-08-2005, 09:30 PM
well, i guess it will force me to be more accurate in placing the smaller bombs with the smaller blast radius. hah.

it does make me wonder, was this historically accurate for fighter bombers? or just an oversight while making the game?

VW-IceFire
11-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by elgranchaco:
well, i guess it will force me to be more accurate in placing the smaller bombs with the smaller blast radius. hah.

it does make me wonder, was this historically accurate for fighter bombers? or just an oversight while making the game?
I think it depended on the aircraft in question.

Some types allowed the selection of bombs, rockets, or even settings that allowed for ripple fire or drop all at once.

I think, although don't quote me, that Typhoon rockets could be setup for salvo (1 second delay or something like that) as well as fire all at once as you'll commonly see all 8 rockets fire at a target at the same time.