PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

JG6_Express
01-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi all,

I am currently working on a new online war and am looking for individuals who would like to participate. I am using the BADC code developed by JG10r_Dutertre back in 2003. Many of you old timers are familar with the many online war's that followed after "Bellum." The current addition is AW that is being hosted, developed, and operated by the =BY= squad. They have done a great job giving the IL2 community another venue for flying IL2.

The code has been retweeked throughout the years and is stable and has proven to offer those who wish to fly a dynamic online war a means to do so.

With that said, I am looking for individuals who would be willing to help this project move forward. We are in need of individuals who have the experience, skills, and time to help in the following areas.

1. Graphics
We have the website main theme and templates at this point, but will need people who are skilled in this area to revise logos, gifs, bmps, jpgs, etc.

2. Webmasters
Need at least 2 individuals who are skilled in maintaining a website. Need to know phpMyadmin, FTP, etc. The site uses Ravennuke as the CMS and is hosted on a linux server. The need will be for the day to day operational necessities to keep the website functioning and secure. The site is currently up and operational, just needs further development and maintenance as this project move further along.

3. Coders

By this term we are looking for those individuals who have experience with php, MySQL, perl, and others. The bulk of this project is already completed, just need to have people onboard who are well versed in these areas to help keep this project functioning correctly.

War HQ staff

Here we are looking for veteran online war participants who can oversee the design and functioning of the actual online war campaign. These staff need to be able to insure that each campaign is designed and impemented with fairness, balance, and playability. Preferably have individuals who have flown, hosted, or been mission planners in previous online wars.

Moderators

We will have a Forum that is a part of the website. We will be in need of a few individuals who have the personality, skills, and maturity to act as moderators.

We are an international community of men and women who fly in IL2. I would really like to have a diverse group of people on this project. With that said, it will be necessary for all to be able to communicate with English as the primary language. This is by no means meant to offend anyone, it is just a neccessity.

If any of you are interested please email me with a brief description in what area you would like to participate in along with your timezone and preferred method of contact.

My email address is

express@jagdgeschwader6.com

~S~

JG6_Express
01-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Anyone who is involved with the WOG project, please contact me. I would like to discuss some options with you.

~S~

na85
01-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Raven nuke is a mistake. Stay away from PHPnuke and its many derivatives. Just stay away.

JG6_Express
01-24-2010, 10:56 AM
I for one have had good success using Ravennuke running multiple websites and have not had an issue. However to discuss the merits of which CMS to use would best fit in it's own thread.

Back to the original thread....If anyone who was or still is involved in any BADC based projects please contact me.

~S~

JG6_Express
02-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Still in need of help with php, perl, mySQL experience for this project. PM me either here or in HL for teamspeak channel to discuss the project.

~S~